cyling clubs shepton Mallet, Wells, Glastonbury

gjt70

Guest
Dear All,

Have recently moved house and was wondering if there are any cycling
clubs in the Shpeton Mallet, Wells, Glastonbury area? Not looking for
anything too serious (not particularly interested in racing) and ideally
a club that that also has some events aimed at families.

Thanks,

Gordon

"gjt70" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dear All,
>
> Have recently moved house and was wondering if there are any cycling clubs
> in the Shpeton Mallet, Wells, Glastonbury area? Not looking for anything
> too serious (not particularly interested in racing) and ideally a club
> that that also has some events aimed at families.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

Sounds like the CTC may be what you are looking for.

See

www.ctc.org.uk

Seems to be various local CTC groups in that part of the world

http://www.ctcwest.org.uk/
http://www.wessexctc.org/

There's also...

http://www.nscycle.org.uk/index.php
http://www.bfriendly.eurobell.co.uk/

How good any of the individual groups are I don't know - not being located
in that part of the world.

In general, I recommend joining the CTC anyway, it's very useful. Insurance,
local expertise, cycling advice, assistance...

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:

> "gjt70" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Have recently moved house and was wondering if there are any cycling
>> clubs in the Shpeton Mallet, Wells, Glastonbury area? Not looking for
>> anything too serious (not particularly interested in racing) and
>> ideally a club that that also has some events aimed at families.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gordon
>>

> Sounds like the CTC may be what you are looking for.
>
> See
>
> www.ctc.org.uk
>
> Seems to be various local CTC groups in that part of the world
>
> http://www.ctcwest.org.uk/
> http://www.wessexctc.org/
>

> There's also...
>
> http://www.nscycle.org.uk/index.php
> http://www.bfriendly.eurobell.co.uk/
>
> How good any of the individual groups are I don't know - not being
> located in that part of the world.
>
> In general, I recommend joining the CTC anyway, it's very useful.
> Insurance, local expertise, cycling advice, assistance...
>
> Cheers, helen s

Dear Helen,

Thanks for the information (especially the second set of links). I am
already a member of the CTC. However, The closest groups at Frome
(approx. 16 miles) and Bristol (approx. 27 miles) are a little too faraway.

Gordon

"gjt70" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dear All,
>
> Have recently moved house and was wondering if there are any cycling clubs
> in the Shpeton Mallet, Wells, Glastonbury area? Not looking for anything
> too serious (not particularly interested in racing) and ideally a club
> that that also has some events aimed at families.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

Yes - several! I've just browsed http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/ which
will give you a list of clubs n the southwest with their range of
activities. So failing a speific recommendation this is a possible start
point.

Julia