Cytomax And Headaches

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by almecum, May 29, 2015.

1. almecum

almecum New Member

Hi
    I am trying to find out which supplement I am taking is causing my headaches after a long hard ride. This only happen on rides over 20 miles. About 30 min to an hour after I am done I get a headache. This does not happen on shorter rides. I use Cytomax on both and take Endurolytes on longer rides. To day was a 25 mile ride and I only used Cytomax and now have a headache. I think that I might have to move back to Skratch labs but I like drinking my carbs, but the headaches are bad.

Has anyone else had this issues or could it be something else causing the headaches?

I have been riding now for 4 years and just recently moved to Cytomax and Edurolytes after getting cramps. Now no cramps but massive headaches.

Tags:

2. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

Hello, Do you consume enough fluids? Do you also consume ORS pouches that replenish vital electrolytes? Perhaps, you are losing way too much of fluids and body salts and your body is showing up symptoms of dehydration.

Riding 30 miles in a day is taxing to the body and you need to consume lots of fluids and Gatorade drinks. Mere carbohydrate drinks are not enough, though they give energy. If the problem persists, see your physician.

3. almecum

almecum New Member

Bonzer, I drink at least 1 bottle per hour. I start my day with 32oz of water. I do sweat a lot so I always make sure to drink. I cannot drink Gatorade, it causes gout attacks. I road 63 miles today using Skratch labs and no headache, so goodbye Cytomax. I eat when riding. The gels cause me to cramp up. I eat clif bars or homemade rice cakes, or mini potatoes to keep me fuled up. Other thing I use on occasion are glucose tabs.

4. almecum

almecum New Member

Bonzer, I drink at least 1 bottle per hour. I start my day with 32oz of water. I do sweat a lot so I always make sure to drink. I cannot drink Gatorade, it causes gout attacks. I road 63 miles today using Skratch labs and no headache, so goodbye Cytomax. I eat when riding. The gels cause me to cramp up. I eat clif bars or homemade rice cakes, or mini potatoes to keep me fuled up. Other thing I use on occasion are glucose tabs.

5. joshposh

joshposh Banned

Glad to see that you have given up on Cytomax. Obviously, it was the reason why you got headaches. That is not a good sign or reaction, so it was best for you to stop using the product. The best advice you can get is your own body. It will tell you when it needs fuel, and it will tell you if something is wrong.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I am a nature lover, that's one of the reasons why I took to biking in order to appreciate more the surrounding particularly the forested park of yore. In my health, that nature lover character of mine is also conscious of what I ingest. In other words, I never take supplements because to me they are not natural since supplements are in packages already. Herbal is okay but only the fresh herbs and not in the packs. With headaches or any other symptoms that you experience, I am suggesting for you to quit taking the supplements.