CytoMax: How Much How Often?

(PeteCresswell)

Guest
Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar of
the stuff.

Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving = One
Scoop".

I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what fraction
of a scoop per hour one ingests.

Can anybody offer a starting point?
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar of
> the stuff.
>
> Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving = One
> Scoop".
>
> I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what fraction
> of a scoop per hour one ingests.
>
> Can anybody offer a starting point?
> --
> PeteCresswell

I don't have a can in front of me but doesn't it say somewhere, maybe
in the nutrition table, that one serving is 16 oz? Something on the
label led me to always put 1.5 scoops per water bottle.

Tom

> Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar
> of
> the stuff.
>
> Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving
> = One
> Scoop".
>
> I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what
> fraction
> of a scoop per hour one ingests.
>
> Can anybody offer a starting point?
> --
> PeteCresswell

Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"(PeteCresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a jar
> of
> the stuff.
>
> Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One serving
> = One
> Scoop".
>
> I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what
> fraction
> of a scoop per hour one ingests.
>
> Can anybody offer a starting point?
> --
> PeteCresswell

Per Mike Jacoubowsky:
>Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
>to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

I suppose the other factor is that I don't want to OD on the stuff.... -)

I'm going to guess that you only do a single 26 oz bottle per ride and the rest
is water, right?

--
PeteCresswell

Basically, they gave you one. One level scoop per 16oz. bottle. Add more
or less according to taste and or personal needs.

I find that I prefer a slightly more diluted mix in the summer heat than
on cooler days, for example.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Yes, its one scoop to 16 oz. Also, note the electrolytes are only K and Na
and in the wrong proportions. If you live in a hot climate, like Texas,
you'll find it doesn't work for cramping and you'll get bloating, too, as it
has too much simple surgar that the stomach can't process.

Look into Shaklee's Performance, it did well for the Shaklee team earning
over 12 world medals, 500 US wins, etc.

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> (PeteCresswell) wrote:
>> Based on other people's observations that it reduces cramping, I got a
>> jar of
>> the stuff.
>>
>> Label doesn't, however, recommend a dilution strength... only "One
>> serving = One
>> Scoop".
>>
>> I'm guessing that dilution is to taste and the operative factor is what
>> fraction
>> of a scoop per hour one ingests.
>>
>> Can anybody offer a starting point?
>> --
>> PeteCresswell

> I don't have a can in front of me but doesn't it say somewhere, maybe
> in the nutrition table, that one serving is 16 oz? Something on the
> label led me to always put 1.5 scoops per water bottle.
>
> Tom
>

>>Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
>>to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

> I suppose the other factor is that I don't want to OD on the stuff.... -)
>
> I'm going to guess that you only do a single 26 oz bottle per ride and the
> rest
> is water, right?

I used to do that, but I now run on 100% Cytomax. If I want something
different and I'm stopping by a store, I've found that grape juice seems to
be OK, but I now try to avoid straight water. A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
psychological effect. Sometimes that's all you want when it's 102 degrees
and you've just climbed a nasty stretch of road.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:14:57 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
>nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
>psychological effect.

It might be the cold and the caffeine.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> It might be the cold and the caffeine.

Yup, lots of caffeine in Dew... sometimes that can really help...

Cytomax? My secret formula is lemonade with a little salt...

Little Debbies fudge brownies, and oatmeal creme pies are good, too.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:14:57 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
> >nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
> >psychological effect.

> It might be the cold and the caffeine.

IIRC, Mountain Dew has some of the highest sugar and caffeine levels of
any soda.

Do they still make Jolt?

On 26 Jun 2006 04:29:19 -0700, "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Little Debbies fudge brownies, and oatmeal creme pies are good, too.

Those have hydrogenated oil in them -- very not good.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

On 26 Jun 2006 05:02:48 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:14:57 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
>> >nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
>> >psychological effect.

>> It might be the cold and the caffeine.
>>

>IIRC, Mountain Dew has some of the highest sugar and caffeine levels of
>any soda.
>
>Do they still make Jolt?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/7335/

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 26 Jun 2006 04:29:19 -0700, "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

>> Little Debbies fudge brownies, and oatmeal creme pies are good, too.

> Those have hydrogenated oil in them -- very not good.

Oh, brother.

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:44:18 GMT, "Sorni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On 26 Jun 2006 04:29:19 -0700, "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> Little Debbies fudge brownies, and oatmeal creme pies are good, too.

>> Those have hydrogenated oil in them -- very not good.

>Oh, brother.

What does that mean?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:44:18 GMT, "Sorni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

>>> Those have hydrogenated oil in them -- very not good.

>> Oh, brother.

> What does that mean?

It means "LET RON HAVE HIS LITTLE DEBBIES"! (sic?)

Sorni wrote:
> It means "LET RON HAVE HIS LITTLE DEBBIES"! (sic?)

Actually he is right... but they are so cheap and convenient... and I
actually look forward to eating them on a long ride.

A slightly healthier option is Nature Valley trail mix bars... but they
are sticky and hard to get out of the wrapper while riding... yummy,
though.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Pete: I use two scoops in a 26oz bottle. The Cytomax label says to use one
>>>to one-and-a-half scoops per 16 ounces.

>> I suppose the other factor is that I don't want to OD on the stuff.... -)
>>
>> I'm going to guess that you only do a single 26 oz bottle per ride and the
>> rest
>> is water, right?

>I used to do that, but I now run on 100% Cytomax. If I want something
>different and I'm stopping by a store, I've found that grape juice seems to
>be OK, but I now try to avoid straight water. A Mtn Dew on a very hot, very
>nasty ride seems to work wonders, but I think it's almost entirely the
>psychological effect. Sometimes that's all you want when it's 102 degrees
>and you've just climbed a nasty stretch of road.
>
>--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Mike,

So Mt Dew claim actually works! On their newer product line, they now
call them "Dew Fuel". Tastes exactly like Mt.Dew before and same
price, but came with a recommended usage. It's for temporarily relief
after an intense physical and psychological exercise. So, you're not
dreaming. The thing is working for you..

I also drink Mt.Dew too..

David.

David wrote:

>>>I suppose the other factor is that I don't want to OD on the stuff.... -)
>>>
>>>I'm going to guess that you only do a single 26 oz bottle per ride and the
>>>rest
>>>is water, right?

>>I used to do that, but I now run on 100% Cytomax.

In the summer I still do the one bottle of Cytomax and a CamelBack full
of ice water. I have to force myself to drink the Cytomax because
nothing refreshes me as much as nice cold water.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine