D-A 7700 crank bolts - are these self-extracting?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kwalters, May 6, 2003.

  1. Kwalters

    Kwalters Guest

    There's a standard 8mm arm-to-spindle bolt, and a threaded outer ring with 2 diametrically-opposed
    holes. If they are self-extracting, can someone tell me how to do it?

    Thanks. Ken

    Tags:

  2. > There's a standard 8mm arm-to-spindle bolt, and a threaded outer ring with 2 diametrically-opposed
    > holes. If they are self-extracting, can someone tell me how to do it?

    Make sure the outer ring is on tight, then simply use an 8mm allen wrench and unscrew the bolt
    (standard thread). It's going to take some effort to break it loose, but it will come off.

  3. kwalters-<< There's a standard 8mm arm-to-spindle bolt, and a threaded outer ring with 2
    diametrically-opposed holes. If they are self-extracting, can someone tell me how to do it?

    8mm allen wrench, turn 'left-loosey'...and when ya put it all back together, don't spare the grasso-

  4. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    > kwalters-<< There's a standard 8mm arm-to-spindle bolt, and a threaded
    outer
    > ring with 2 diametrically-opposed holes. If they are self-extracting, can someone tell me how
    > to do it?
    >
    > 8mm allen wrench, turn 'left-loosey'...and when ya put it all back
    together,
    > don't spare the grasso-

    And don't forget to remove the "dustcap" extractor before re-installing.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]

  5. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 07 May 2003 12:27:51 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

    >kwalters-<< There's a standard 8mm arm-to-spindle bolt, and a threaded outer ring with 2
    >diametrically-opposed holes. If they are self-extracting, can someone tell me how to do it?
    >
    >8mm allen wrench, turn 'left-loosey'...and when ya put it all back together, don't spare
    >the grasso-

    Grasso is obviously Italian for grease. ;-)