"Bob LeChevalier" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:P.Comm said:"Bob LeChevalier" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:>They don't have that information. You know that if
>anyone DID have it
in
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>the field - they'd not so easily come forth with it.
>Or perhaps you
don't
Quoted message said:>want to know that.
I know that it is false. While there might be political
pressure against it, we have innumerable examples of
science ignoring or overcoming political pressure. If
nothing else, racist scientists like Jensen would come
out with such a thing if it existed.
You see - WHY do you call Jensen a racist?
Because he is.
Quoted message said:I doubt his own colleagues think of him in that light.
Yes.
sciencedaily.comarthur jensenOpen ↗
"jensen racist" gets 12000 hits on Google, so I'm sure
there are plenty more cites if you need them.
Quoted message said:Jensen was condemned as racist in the late 1960s by a
generation of
academics reacting to the racist atrocities of the Second
World War.
Well, REacting to what the Nazis did in ww2 - and branding a
man who was never considered a racist - a racist due to that
REaction is stupid. It's irrational. It's no different from
what Stalin did, Bob.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:He's still a professor, respected.
He's still a professor because of academic freedom in this
country. He is not respected.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:There is lots of evidence that scientific results are
PHRASED in politically correct manner. But the science
still comes out.
They aren't just phrased - as Skeptical1 pointed out,
certain little tid bits are deemphasized and other things
are put in the forefront - leading
to
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:a false understanding.
That may be the case in the popularizations. But
scientists aren't as dumb as the lay public and they
see the implications both of what is said and what is
not said.
Implications - seen due to REaction. Bottom line - FEAR.
Quoted message said:
It was either you or Alberto or ?? who posted an
Quoted message said:article that actually REFDUTED the very things you were
saying when read
by
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:a person IN the field that really knew what was being
said - Skeptical1.
Skeptical1 is not "in the field". He is a substitute
teacher in Oakland CA schools.
Quoted message said:Now Bob, you're saying that science always comes out with
the facts - um, defense weaponry comes out with the facts
about what they have the
capacity
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:to do, eh?
Weaponry is technology, not science. The science
underlying most defense weaponry is public. The
engineering is classified.
Germ weapons, biological weapons, are biological science
- they are top secret. It kinda leaks out what the govs
HAVE after years of them having it and no one knowing
they had it.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Heh. If such a marker - genetic - was ever found, I KNOW
that the first people to take over the entire study would
be the DOD - or DIA. CIA? Guaranteed. NO ONE would know
about it.
False. How would DoD or DIA or CIA know about it?
Lmao - I need to redefine "naive" just for you.
They would
Quoted message said:probably read about it on the Internet, where such things
typically appear first these days. They could take over
all the studies they want, but the information on the
Internet would still have been made public.
Information on the internate is a double edged sword. We
have medical doctors - real ones, INSISTING that the gov
made AIDS and gave it to people. And we have more of them
saying the same thing and making it so damned absurd that NO
ONE but conspiracy kooks believe it. There is information -
and DISinformation. Government agencies like the ones I
mentioned use BOTH.
Quoted message said:
And why would they take it over?
Quoted message said:What OTHER freaking USE would such information have?
Science does much research without particular concern for
whether it has any "use".
Bob - almost all, if not all, of our technology came from
weapons research.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Knowing I have the genes to make brown, green, hazel,
gray or blue eyed kids - what the hell does that tell me
other than NOTHING? Useless information.
Useless to you perhaps. But quite useful to scientists
trying to understand human biology and evolution.
Understand it for what purpose? Just to know it for the sake
of knowing? Funds spent on that kind of HOBBY?
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:All of the
Quoted message said:non-scientific methods of determining race (which
is all there is) rely on someone making a
subjective decision based on limited information,
and reporting it.
BUT SO IS TAXONOMY IN GENERAL - it's the SAME
criteria, Bob.
Biological taxonomy is based on the capability to
interbreed, as well as on genetic isolation. Human beings
can freely interbreed and no "race" is genetically
isolated.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. 0
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:People SEE cats are different from dogs. SEE. So they
type them as
different what -
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Family, right? Yeah, Order is Mammalia.
If cats interbred fertilely with dogs, then they would be
the same species.
Coyotes and Jackals can interbreed freely with dogs - they
are NOT the same species - and the genetics WAS DONE now.
Again, you don't know what you are talking about -
especially LIMITING taxonomy to something like "humans" for
[censored]'s sakes.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:What freaking criteria is there (wholly BOGUS) that
classes cartelaginous animals as vertebrates and
lumps
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:them in with BONED animals?
Genetics
WRONG.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:What criteria to separete invertebrates from vertebrates
in the first
place?
Quoted message said:
Having a backbone?
Not good enough - so say experts. That's not genes.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:ONE THING? The medical zoological book I have on
invetebrate zoology says the same thing - it's 100%
CRITERIALESS!
"Division of the animal kingdom into vertebrates and
invetebrates is artificial and reflects human bias in
favor of man's own relatives.
Yes. That is why biologists don't put a lot of emphasis on
that particular division.
Quoted message said:One characteristics of a single subphylum of animals is
used as the basis for separation of the entire animal
kingdom into two groups. One could just
as
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:logically divide animals into molllusks and non mollusks
or arthropods
and
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:non arthropods. The latter classification could be
supported at least
from
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:the standpoint of numbers, since approximately 85 percent
of all animals
are
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:arthropods!" TOUCHE
I see nothing controversial.
YOU snipped. Nothing contro... they still use those
divisions. Genetics have not yet been done on these animals.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:The closest alternative is to use the new DNA test,
which are probabilistic and determine if one
particular ancestor has genes similar to current
people living in Africa (who are *defined* by
reference standard to be "black"😉 But this is one-drop-rule-
ism carried to its extreme - if mitochondrial DNA is
used it is being based on the "race" of your mother's
mother's mother, and if it is based on the Y
chromosome, it is being based on the race of your
father's father's father, etc.
Right now, they want to make a haplotype map. At least
they SHOULD wait until they have all the data - and not
publish [censored] that's old and invalidated one month later.
And then what are they going to DO with
this
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:information? You know, it's like the Bushist Mars
pipedream - what the
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:USE is it when we don't even have proper health care in
the USA? Waste
of
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:money. What are they going to DO with this
haplotype info?
Science.
Hobbyism.
Quoted message said:
Science is done for the purpose of doing science, to
understand the universe. Whether someone can use this
information to make money is irrelevant to science (except
that it is sometimes easier to get funded if someone is
convinced that they will make money if the research is
successful).
Imo - if it's done and it doesn't better the PEOPLE - then
it's hobbyism.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:For that matter, what are they going to DO on Mars? Look
around?
Science.
Ruibbish. How much money so far on FAILED missions there?
There is only so much money to go around. You can't have a
"better world" with governments wasting money on this kind
of - [censored]. From what I see of you - you are in favor of a
better world.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:At the cost of how many billions?
No one knows.
Yes, it's known. Accounts are kept.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Speed of light travel is nowhere near having - and it's
UNFEASABLE - first of all, how would they get moving
since mass would
make
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:them TOO HEAVY to go anywhere?
Without more science, this will be forever true.
LMAO - are you an idiot or what? More science is not going
to change the fact that mass increases if speed increases
like that. Go back to school, man.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Plus it's too slow to go anywhere. By the time they
got back, civilization that sent them into space might
not even
be
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:here (the time problem with speed of light travel).
So?
You are talking out of two sides of your mouth here. So
this, so what that. So what millions of Africans drop dead
from nothing BUT problems. Not my problem. One HUGE So What.
That's for admitting it. When money is spent on frivolous
[censored] like this when people IN THIS NATION DOING this
frivolous stuff are diverting money to it - then I say
something.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Other traits we associate with
Quoted message said:"looking black" have at least that many, and some of
them arise in non-blacks (a friend of mine, as Irish as
can be for many generations, has hair as kinky as it
comes. He wears an Irish Afro %^)
How do you know what his ancestry is? You asked him?
Yes. We were good friends in college and for a couple of
decades afterwards. I've lost touch with him the last 5
years, alas.
He probably doesn't even know his ancestry. But the point is
- curly hair does not make one look black. It's a "look" to
it. Not just one thing. Mick Jagger has big lips. He doesn't
look remotely black.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>I might have one of them confused with Brittany.
Heavy backpedal there. Neither of the two in question
looks in the least like Britney Spears.
Bob, I'm not quite sure what ANY of them look like. I
heard the "talk"
on
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Stern's show and the names sound familiar. I'm 100% NOT
INTO their
music -
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:heh - but I have no idea WHAT their music is - rock or
something I guess.
backpedaling furiously from your claim of a few days ago?
On the Stern show - they mentioned Abdul and Carey. "Street
creds" is what they called it.
Quoted message said:
From your post of 4/25:
Quoted message said:If she claims to be black and acts typically black then
blacks will
accept
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:her as black and so will everyone else. If she claims
she is not-black - then it will be left to others to
believe that and accept it. I've seen Paula Abdul. That
woman is white.
Lemme go look at her. paula-paula-Open ↗
abdul.net/html/forever_your_girl.html and paula-paula-Open ↗
abdul.net/publicity7_04.jpg and paula-paula-Open ↗
abdul.net/publicity1_97.jpg oops, well, I'd think that girl
was black from those pictures. That is NOT the girl I saw -
oh well. I saw a girl singing a song called "Slave For You"
on a cable channel. The song sucked sort of, tho I have to
admit the chords were weird for that kind of music. She was
a VERY VERY good dancer, tho! That girl was WHITE.
Definitely white.
Note that I said blacks would accept her IF she did that.
However, I also said that if she claims she's not black,
then it would be LEFT TO OTHER TO BELIEVE that - AND ACCEPT
it. The girl in those photos (I did a search for Paula
Abdul) I'd say is black. Simple as that. There isn't even
any one thing I can POINT TO - that I could say gives me
that impression - it's in the whole face.
Lemme go search the other girl.
celebritysearchengine.co.ukmariacareyOpen ↗
1.htm not a good image. celebritysearchengine.co-celebritysearchengine.co-Open ↗
.uk/fantasy/m/mariacarey2.htm not a good image. I am
noticing that the color tones in these photos are very odd,
so far. celebritysearchengine.co.ukmaOpen ↗
riacarey3.htm now the girl in THIS photo doesn't look
remotely like the girl in the second photo. It's supposed to
be the same girl. celebritysearchengine.co.ukfaOpen ↗
ntasy/m/mariacarey4.htm I'd say the girl in this photo is
white. celebritysearchengine.co.ukmarOpen ↗
iacarey5.htm white here too. celebritysearchengi-celebritysearchengi-Open ↗
ne.co.uk/fantasy/m/mariacarey6.htm white.
So goes it. I actually went to their websites and looked at
pictures of them both. OK - happy now? On the Stern show,
they were saying that these girls were white "trying to be
black" to get street creds. The show is on radio, you know.
I'm not backpeddling - I just opened my mouth and yammered
without taking a look at these girls and assumed the
speakers on Stern were right.
Quoted message said:
Hey, QUOTE FROM HERE TO.....
Quoted message said:From Ivy Mike's post of 4/24:
Quoted message said:Aren't allowed? Do explain. But I asked you about Harry
Belafonte, Paula Abdul and Mariah Carey...they are all
considered black, but the last two esp. are very non-
black in appearance.
From the picture on: paula-paula-Open ↗
abdul.net/html/biography.html
I cannot tell.
END QUOTE HERE
Hey, I didn't write THOSE lines, Bob.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>Then you are a racist of another sort if you call a
>person a BUM for
"acting
Quoted message said:>like a bum."
Judging people based on behavior is not racism. Judging
people based on presumed ancestry is racism.
Judging people that "act black" according to blacks
themselves - is
judging
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:BEHAVIOR. It's what THEY call it. Shall I call it,
"acting like
asocial,
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:overly emote-reactive, psychopaths lacking impulse
control?" Heh - is
that
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:better?
Yes, so long as you recognize that such behavior is not
universal to one race, nor restricted to one race,
Well, you go tell blacks to stop calling all those things
"acting black" Bob - do NOT tell me about it because it's
not my problem and definitely NOT my concern. They call it
"acting black." You know, everyone in the society that
speaks lingo-speak, casual, LET GO, relaxed speech in
comfort (COMFORT - got it?) knows what that expression means
- just like once upon a time everyone knew what groovy or
ornry meant. Got it? I don't care to "recognize" much about
what is or is not universal to blah blah on the freaking
moon (may as well be there) - people that I don't know,
don't hang with, never will know. I have no obligation to
"know" that information. I watch TV for entertainment. Black
produced movies are often very entertaiinng. Where the HELL
do you think I might pick up on what BLACKS SAY? From their
own damned movies, made by them FOR themselves. At the pt
job when and if they speak to me on a break? Sure thing,
Bob. Did they ACT BLACK? Oh, you bet they did. What did they
say about one black guy that did not act that way? "Man, he
act WHAAT (white), you know what I mean?" And OH, what did
that one guy act like? An anal rententive, sompulsive,
pretentious FOP. Meanwhile, there were tons of WHAAT people
there that didn't in ANY way act like that one black guy
that the other blacks ragged on. So please. Spare me your
preaching. Where do I get off calling that behavior "acting
blacks?" By giving blacks the benefit of KNOWING what they
act like and being up front about saying it. LMAO. One of
the ones that acted black got elevated to supervisor and
behaved like a god damned THUG on that job - never in my
LIFE did I ever see such behavior at a workplace. He pulled
it on me once and outside the workplace I told
enough, he got fired after years of thuggery at the job -
when a blonde
the job.
and that there are forms of
Quoted message said:behavior that meet your description that blacks would NOT
call "acting black" and people who "act black" who don't
display behavior fitting your longer description.
Tell them to stop calling it "acting black." Of course,
their view of their behavior when they act that way is not
negative at all. But if and when any of them ever got in my
FACE with it, they called my behavior "man that [censored] like
Ted Bundy or sompin." Oh, like they didn't have a CLUE why
I'd threaten them when they got in MY FACE with that kind of
[censored]? HA HA. That's like anal compulsive FOPS not knowing
how anal they are. Same thing. That's like the white
supervisor preaching his Fundie [censored] didn't know he was
"preaching on the job" to people NOT INTERESTED in his idea
that the DEVIL is at the workplace. LMAO. Oh yeah. He
thought it was the most obvious truth in the world, the
PLAIN truth "the devil is here." LMAO. Same thing, Bob. Him
I simply complained to the management about. He got
reprimanded - and went off with his lower lip in a pout and
tears in his eyes - no [censored]. HE lived with mis mommy (he was
in his 40s , but looked way older than me) - and his mommy
also worked there. She was a HUGELY obese woman that never
got up off her chair - she'd ROLL it across the room, inch
by inch. LMAO. People thought he was a pedophile behind his
back. So much for his "holier than thou perfect Christian"
behavior. THAT is what people thought of him. Pedophile.
That's pretty freaking BAD bwhahahaha and I AM lmao at it
remembering it.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:How do their kids act? They are both Italian AND Jewish
(by ancestry). And they probably act "American".
Nope, they act Italian - for a clue watch the Sopranos.
I'm serious.
So am I. I know someone quite well who has Italian and
Jewish ancestry who does not act in the least like the
Sopranos.
Do you know what FAMILIAL means? Kids pick up the behavior,
nuances, etc, from the parents and it keeps going - and in a
community from everyone - and it keeps going. I might think
he does act that way - or a version of it - if I met the
guy. I told y ou to STOP assuming what I can or can't do.
I'm pretty damned good at sussing out people's backgrounds.
Sandy at the beach, blonde blue - fair as hell, doesn't look
a bit Italian at all and none of the people she sits with
are Italian - she talked to me for 10 minutes. "Are you
Italian, Sandy?" Yup. She sure was. She's been away from
that for years, too. It was very subtle, but it was there.
So I might think this person you know DOES act Italian. Of
course no one can tell over the internet, DUH. It's seen,
intuited. Your name sounds French. But then, this IS the
internet/usenet.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>It's not hard to tell this. And stop telling me what I
>can or can't tell. I'm sick of it. You remind
me
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:of
Quoted message said:>people that insisted I was using MAGIC because I wrote
>down the god
damned
Quoted message said:>notes and chords to a song that I heard on TV and
>"couldn't see the
person
Quoted message said:>playing it." Oh, how could I do that. DUH.
That's ear training.
No, I could do that before anyone ever "taught" me what
an E or a C minor was - could do it as a tiny child even.
You could not write down notes and chords until you were
taught musical notation.
God, you are a twisting distorter if ever I saw one. I
never said write down. I never even said read. I could PLAY
notes and chords the first day a toy keyboard was brought
into the home - FACT. It had two octaves on it. I could
hear a song and PLAY IT - I had NO idea what the notes or
chords were called - and couldn't write or read anything.
GOT IT NOW? I remember the first song I "HAD" to play - I
HAD to HAVE it. I didn't even know the name of the song.
Turns out it was Autumn in New York. For one part of it, I
added a few "chords" of my own - kinda like old jazz. The
first classical song I had to HAVE was "The Swan" - and I
mean I PLAYED it, right notes, right chords - tho with the
Swan I didn't play the chords are chords - I played like
arpeggios. Small ones (smal keyboard). I could simply hear
this. I was 4 years old Bob. I could barely read ANYTHING
at that age. But I could HEAR. "Peter" plays at the club.
He can't read a single note, he has NO idea what a key is,
or a clef. He can't read or write anything. But if he hears
a song - he can PLAY IT. And if he forgets the middle of
the song, he's DAMNED good at just making up a middle for
it and it's damned good. He can even add nuances to it -
he's oh SO good. He plays professionally - he gets hired,
PAID to play. He can't read a single note - has NO idea
what "that key" means. NOTHING. Not even the NAMES of
chords. He asked me to teach him - I told him he didn't
need it - but I'd have tried to do that if I saw him again
and there was time. I can't see teaching him on his break
time. It's called playing by ear. Bob, heh, I played the
Moonlight Sonata from hearing it - however the turntable
was fast so I played the entire song in the key of D minor
- as I much much later learned that it was the wrong key -
LMAO. But note for note, it is what I heard - and I mean
every single note was right - but that was on a real piano,
not just a two octave toy. Sure, I can play it now in the
right key 🙂 LMAO. Some people can DO that, Bob. In fact,
just about every group that plays for the clubs I go to
does that, they play BY EAR - they can't read [censored]! The guy
in Alpine Express can read music - which makes it a lot
easier for me to GIVE THEM music and ask them to play it
next time. He's the exception to the rule - he's the ONLY
guy I ever met playing there that could read music. Just
what is it you don't understand? You definitely do not have
to know how to read a single note to PLAY MUSIC, Bob. Not
even the Moonlight Sonata. You need EARS.
Quoted message said:
My kid also has a natural ear. He could mimic someone's
playing on the saxophone perfectly, and yet didn't know E
or C minor. To write it down accurately using notation
takes training, which is called "ear training".
OH, ok, so you DO know what that is. Uh, no. Good ears are
good ears. It's like hearing talk and speaking back.
Reading music is like reading words. If you don't do it a
lot and not stop doing it, y ou can easily forget it.
Writing down what you hear is something I'm actually NOT so
good at - because I never buckled down and heh - practiced
doing it. For that matter, my HAND writing is not all that
good either - it's illegible a lot of the time. Writing
down music is tedious in itself, the circles, the coloring
in the circles, the lines, etc etc. Just the other day I
heard a BEAUTIFUL song on "Invitation to a Gunfighter" with
Yule Brenner. He plays the harpsichord and OH, I HAD to
have that song. I had to at least hear it a few times -
MEMORY is involved, too, you know. No chance to just record
it as he plays it (off the tape), because there is noise
and talking over it in the scene - So I played it. I have
not yet written it down (a chore). But when I do go to
write it down, I don't just take paper and write. I have to
PLAY it, piece by piece, slowly, I play a measure and write
down, like measure by measure. I have to LOOK at where my
hands is, what note I'm on - and then I write it down. When
I learned myself the Moonlight Sonata (in D minor, LOL) I
in no way wrote any of it down. NO way would I have
bothered to do that. Way too much work - and why bother
when I can play it? At the time, I knew what the G clef was
- but I had no idea what Bass clef was - so I couldn't have
written it down anyway. But why bother? I played
it. A whole other process is happening here that has
nothing to do with hearing. I also often forget HOW
to write complex tempo - but I sure the hell can PLAY
it or beat it out on a drum. That whole
reading/writing thing takes practice that has nothing
to do with hearing distinct tones. I can never forget
how to play a song (u nless I forget the song itself)
- and I can never forget how to beat a rhythm - I'm
quite good at these. But writing it? I usually write
fake sheets for myself! It's a lot less work. Fake
sheets are for people who can PLAY, usually by ear.
They are like a guide.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>Sheesh. You want to knwo what acting Jewish is?
I know what "acting Jewish" is. I also know many non-
practicing Jews who don't act that way. And I know that
the kids of non-practicing Jews who marry non-Jews
really don't act that way. I'm married to an at-least-
3rd generation non-practicing Jew who knows less about
Jewish culture than I know.
You don't have to know a thing about Jewish culture. If
you are raised
by
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:people that express, move, facially express, speak,
tonations, etc etc
etc -
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:that way, the kid WILL speak that way - people WILL pick
up on it - some more than others. In fact, same thning,
familial, let a newborn baby be adopted by Chicago Jews -
and that baby will speak Hebonics, LOL. The
grown
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:up baby will act Jewish. That FAMILIAL - it's what it
means - and it's
how
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:intuitive people can "tell" that in THIS society. Not on
the moon.
So will the kid of Italian and Jewish ancestry act like
the Sopranos, are will he speak Hebonics?
Depends on how the parents act - how his peers in the
community act. FAMILIAL. Familial means that a behavior or
even a way of expressing, or how a person HOLDS their face,
how the muscles move when expressing - it seems genetic - it
seems to be passed down over and over - but it's in fact not
genetic at all. It's familial. Learned behavior -
unconscious or not. Black people have less musculuture in
their faces, less subtle expressions are made by them - and
THAT is VERY VERY noticeable to me. But it's not like I go
out to look for it, or study it. I have to kind of try to
PIN DOWN just what it is I'm seeing or intuiting. I pinned
that one down. In the picture of Abdul I just saw - there is
SOMETHING - it's in the combined photos - nose, mouth area.
Looks black to me in the combined effect. That's not the
same as seeing a living, moving person, you know. I never
saw those two women I just looked at in my life (on TV I
mean). I saw someone ELSE. Those are still photos. You ever
see the photos on the web of "XEV" (Xeenia Seeberg) from the
show Lex? Ever see her on the show in motion? Heh, that
woman is LIPS on feet. You can't tell that from any of the
photos of her. She's BEAUTIFUL on the TV in motion.
Quoted message said:
Your claim is nonsense because it presumes that "families"
are of a pure ethnicity. Most of my friends did not marry
within their ethnicity. Their kids will not be raised in
an "Italian" family or a "Jewish family" or anything other
than an "American family".
Yet people often guess at least PART of what someone is
pretty much on target based on subtle behaviors,
expressions, ways of expressing, etc. People from the
midwest (used to seeing only whitebreads?) tend to not be
able to tell [censored] about anyone. People exposed to so many of
these ethnics in America are pretty damned good at sussing
this out. I told you - it's intuitive. My claim is not
nonsense. I knew Sandy was Italian. I knew that Jake and
Alice were wasps. I knew Leo was Italian. I knew that
Heinrich was Jewish (despite the very German name). I knew
that one Rebecca I know was German and I knew her husband
Bob was Irish - and I knew the other Rebecca was NA. I knew
Stanley was some kind of Slavic and guessed Polish (I was
right) tho that man has a French accent and I've HEARD him
speaking FRENCH. And so forth. Keep in mind, I have no idea
what their last names are. I still don't know that.
Nonsense? LMAO. It's not nonsense when it's on target 90% of
the time, Bob. The ONLY Americans that knew I was Tatar were
TURKISH and a few RUSSIANS. Sure - but the way they said it
- to paraphrase - "If I were back home, I'd think you were a
Tatar, but in America? Nah, what are you? Part American
Indian?." LMAO. Keep in mind, these people saw a living
breathing me in person - not a photograph.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Yet more than 90% of Israeli Jews are either European
or American Jews or the kids of at least one European
or American Jew. Yet you now admit that you can't look
at how they act and tell they are "Jewish".
People who can spot "he's Jewish" are spotting AMERICAN
Jews or European (from the European ghettos) Jews. What
do you NOT grasp about FAMILIAL? When moving to Israel,
they adopt a whole other kind of behavior - that simple.
Why do you presume that Jews in this country all adopt
your stereotypical behavior?
Why does Fran Drescher, the producer of THE NANNY presume
that and cater that show to that? Why did Royko write a
column calling it Hebonics (he was poking fun at the concept
of Ebonics). But it was SO JEWISH - and it was intended to
be that. Why do I presume what they themselves put forth?
Because it's so god damned obvious. Fran obviously has NO
ISSUES over this behavior. And the way they overdo it - that
show is hilarious at every minute. Sure, now that's
overdone. What I see in real life is a very very subtle
version of THAT SAME behavior! Enough to suss people out 90%
right - if I'm FAMILIAR with that behavior from the past,
from seeing a LOT of it. I can also spot gays pretty dammed
good too (it's called GAYDAR). Gee, now how the hell do I do
that? How do I know? I KNOW. I've asked people if they were
gay even 3 years before they REALIZED they were gay, Bob.
LOTS of people do that, in case you are totally in the blind
about it. There isn't any one thing or even group of things
I could actually pinpoint to explain WHAT I'm intuiting. It
is INTUITIVE.
If Jews moving to Israel can change their
Quoted message said:behavior, then Jews who aren't practicing their religion
and culture certainly can.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I haven't asked any lately who didn't already know my
kids were Russian. Several years ago, they still
recognized Russian well enough that they would
instinctively react to certain Russian phrases as a
Russian would, which would be revealing of their
linguistic background, but I'm not sure that they still
would do so.
My kids don't look especially Russian in appearance.
Then they are adopted. I have a question - and it's
legit. It is known, very well known to parents that want
to adopt, but who want a white baby, that when
advertising "RUSSIAN BABIES," adoptive parents know
they'll get white kids.
They'd be wrong. About a quarter of the Russian adoptive
kids I know look more like you than they look like the
stereotypical Russian. My kids look more like me than they
do the stereotypical Russian, but their looks weren't that
important to us.
Ahem, stereotypical Russians are usually ENGLISH ACTORS - or
Czars actually related to the British Royalty. Um, lots of
white folks happen to LIKE the way I look: A WHOLE LOT, BOB.
Even NOW - at my age. White folks certainly do consider
people that look like me "white" these days. As I said, they
LIKE it - A LOT.
Quoted message said:
Click on the upper left picture on this page frankfoundationcai.orgcgiOpen ↗
bin/index
OMG, they are ADORABLE - tho the 3rd from the right is blah.
I'm talking about the kids shown at the top right of the
screen - put mouse over their images and they blow up. Yup,
when white folks want white babies, they'd LOVE those kids.
Quoted message said:or look at the kids in this picture: frankfoundationcai.orgcgiOpen ↗
bin/index/22?id=50&type=1&lang= and you'll see the sorts
of kids that were typical for adoption.
The same kids are in the top right of the page there.
The ones on the far left are adorable - but harder to
clearly see.
Quoted message said:
There are white (Slavic) infants available from Russia,
but usually with higher health risks than the non-Slavics
(if the kids are available for adoption, there is
generally a reason - Russians prefer to adopt kids that
look like them, so mixed race kids and non-Slavics in Old
Russia don't get adopted. Kids who are Slavic often have
birth defects or high risk of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
Well, that's known NOW - it came out - it was on Law and
Order, LOL.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Of course, with TONS of black babies up for adoption
right here at home in the USA
Not that many, actually. Women in this country who carry
their babies to term usually want to keep them. More
common are older kids removed from their parents due to
abuse or neglect, and they can be of any color, but they
are "at-risk" adoptions because the birthparents often
don't willingly sign the papers. Then there are crack
babies, which are a challenge to raise, to say the least.
Quoted message said:- heaps of parents desperate for kids looked to Russia to
adopt.
Why did you not adopt an American baby - there are so
many orphans here?
Why
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:not adopt a black American baby, especially with your
sense of having a
DUTY
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:to them for the past
At the time, it was *much* faster adopting from Russia
than any kind of adoption in the US, and much easier to
qualify; many other programs did not accept parents in
their 40s. My best friend did adopt two mixed race
infants, but they took much longer than we were willing to
wait, and they found that there was some resistance to
placing black kids in white families with no ties to the
black community.
There sure is, these days.
Quoted message said:
In addition, we didn't want an infant due to our age, and
indeed wanted to adopt siblings (our kids were 6 and 5
when we adopted them). The Russian program started the
month that we started considering adoption, and articles
in the paper on the special needs kids that were typically
available fit our interests. It took less than 2 days for
the agency (the one on the web page above) to identify
kids for us once we completed the home-study, and I flew
to Russia 6 weeks later (my wife had surgery and could not
travel with me).
You got photos of your kids? OH PLEASE lemme see? Do you
have any kids of your own in addition to the adopted ones?
Quoted message said:
lojbab
--
lojbab [email hidden] Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The
Logical Language Group (Opinions are my own; I do not
speak for the organization.) Artificial language
Loglan/Lojban: lojban.orglojban.orgOpen ↗