Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Dahon Allegro vs. Ritchey Breakaway

Started by Matt O'Toole · · Last activity · 4 posts · 4,148 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 November 2003
Last activity
14 November 2003
Original author
Matt O'Toole
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,148
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just came across this feature about a new Dahon/Ritchey bike:

    cyclingnews.comtech.php

    I don't see it on the Dahon site yet. It looks pretty much like a Ritchey Breakaway, but with a
    Dahon nametag and a price about $1000 lower. I wonder what the differences really are.

    Matt O.

  2. "Matt O'Toole" <[email hidden]> wrote in :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I just came across this feature about a new Dahon/Ritchey bike:

    cyclingnews.comtech.php

    I don't see it on the Dahon site yet. It looks pretty much like a Ritchey Breakaway, but with a
    Dahon nametag and a price about $1000 lower. I wonder what the differences really are.

    I suspect 1 price is for a complete bike and the other is for a bare frame.

  3. "Ken" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email hidden]> wrote in :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I just came across this feature about a new Dahon/Ritchey bike:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cyclingnews.comtech.php

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't see it on the Dahon site yet. It looks pretty much like a Ritchey Breakaway, but with a
    Dahon nametag and a price about $1000 lower. I wonder what the differences really are.

    Quoted message said:

    I suspect 1 price is for a complete bike and the other is for a bare frame.

    I don't think so. The Ritchey frame is available for about $1100, the whole (Ultegra) bike, with
    case, for $2500. The Dahon is priced at $1500. The frame looks like the Ritchey, but with a straight
    blade fork. I don't know what the rest of components are like.

    Matt O.

  4. Fwiw, I live in Seattle and a local bike shop has had the Ritchey Breakaway on sale for the past few
    months for $2k, which includes the travel bag that normally goes for several hundred more. It's just
    one bike that's already built up, and I'm not sure what size it is (it might be a 54), but it's
    worth looking into. Ti Cycles. They have a web site. Doesn't mention the bike but you can call them
    to find out more.

    --
    Kovie [email hidden]

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Ken" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email hidden]> wrote in :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I just came across this feature about a new Dahon/Ritchey bike:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cyclingnews.comtech.php

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't see it on the Dahon site yet. It looks pretty much like a Ritchey Breakaway, but with
    a Dahon nametag and a price about $1000 lower. I wonder what the differences really are.

    Quoted message said:

    I suspect 1 price is for a complete bike and the other is for a bare


    frame.

    Quoted message said:


    I don't think so. The Ritchey frame is available for about $1100, the


    whole

    Quoted message said:

    (Ultegra) bike, with case, for $2500. The Dahon is priced at $1500. The


    frame

    Quoted message said:

    looks like the Ritchey, but with a straight blade fork. I don't know what


    the

    Quoted message said:

    rest of components are like.

    Matt O.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.