Dahon Allegro vs. Ritchey Breakaway

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> > I just came across this feature about a new Dahon/Ritchey bike:

> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2003/news/oct21

> > I don't see it on the Dahon site yet. It looks pretty much like a Ritchey Breakaway, but with a
> > Dahon nametag and a price about $1000 lower. I wonder what the differences really are.

> I suspect 1 price is for a complete bike and the other is for a bare frame.

I don't think so. The Ritchey frame is available for about $1100, the whole (Ultegra) bike, with
case, for $2500. The Dahon is priced at $1500. The frame looks like the Ritchey, but with a straight
blade fork. I don't know what the rest of components are like.

Matt O.

Fwiw, I live in Seattle and a local bike shop has had the Ritchey Breakaway on sale for the past few
months for $2k, which includes the travel bag that normally goes for several hundred more. It's just
one bike that's already built up, and I'm not sure what size it is (it might be a 54), but it's
worth looking into. Ti Cycles. They have a web site. Doesn't mention the bike but you can call them
to find out more.

--
Kovie [email protected]