Dahon Curve folding bike?

>Yes, that is what I mean. If I were buying a bike for my commute right
>now, I would look for a non-folder with 20" wheels. Non-folding bikes
>are stronger and cheaper, other things being equal. By that I mean,
>you pay a premium for the folding feature. Especially if you are 200
>lbs 6'4" like me, where frame strength is an issue.

Understood. Why have the complexity of the folding
mechanism if NOT really needed!!

BUT.... who builds bikes with small Bike Friday-LIKE
frames that are NON-folding and use 20" wheels as well?

>The one feature of my folder which I use every day, is that the seat
>mast is easily removed by a quick release. I use this feature every
>day. For instance, it is very useful if you want to load the bike into
>a car. Any non-folder I were to buy, would need to have a seat mast
>like that:
>
>http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/seat_mast.jpg

Cool!

and another god idea!!

Maybe what we need is a bike LIKE the Bike Friday in
stature and design..... but NOT one that folds at all?
That might be just as easy to break down and haul
around as a folder huh?

On Oct 4, 2:35 pm, [email protected] wrote:

> BUT.... who builds bikes with small Bike Friday-LIKE
> frames that are NON-folding and use 20" wheels as well?

ISTM there are a few BMX manufacturers that do that. But you'll be
required to bunny hop your way up into the bus. ;-)

- Frank Krygowski

[email protected] wrote:
>> You could have afforded the Bromptons I bought. I bought four of them on
>> four trips to Taiwan for about $235 each. They were the Bromptons built
>> under license by NeoBike of Taiwan. They are no longer licensed to build
>> them. In fact, the executives of NeoBike went to jail for their actions
>> related to patent infringement. Brompton was about to do a deal with
>> Dahon, and the Dahon employee sent to negotiate the deal left Dahon and
>> started NeoBike. The Brompton violates several Dahon patents.

> wow!
>
> Interesting!

I even had a web site on how to buy it. See
"http://www.nordicgroup.us/bromptai/"