Dahon Impulse D6 vs. Giant Halfway

Mon, 30 May 2005 14:51:43 -0400, <[email protected]>,
"C.J.Patten" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I hear thunder claps outside so now seems like a good time to get it coated.
>Heard it takes a while to dry. Multiple coats a good idea for tube
>interiors? (for finishing furniture it sure is ;)

Steel isn't as absorbent as wood so I don't know that multiple coats
would help.

Getting it on all the surfaces is the tricky part but I doubt the
proprietary products aren't any better at that.

A paint additive called "Penetrol" dries more quickly but is also hard
to find.
--
zk

C.J.Patten wrote:

> "Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>C.J.Patten wrote:
>>
>>>p.s. what can I spray inside the frame to inhibit corrosion? Something
>>>designed for this purpose...?

>>http://www.framebuilding.com/Framesaver.htm
>>
>>Bottom of the page. Ceeway will ship abroad, but given this is a US
>>product, you may find it cheaper to buy when you return home.
>>
>>Congrats on the bike. May you enjoy many happy hours of
>>fold-unfold-fold-unfold. Perhaps you might even ride it at some point. ;-)

> LOL! Thanks Jon!
>
> My bike is sitting serenely in the middle of my basement flat, folded in
> half.
>
> I figured out what the odd, trapezoid bracket protruding on the bottom is:
> it's a stand for when it's folded!!! It stands up on it's own! 8D
>
> I'm dying to get out on it but it's going to rain today so I'm taking the
> car to find some Frame Saver... there are enough bike shops around,
> someone's gotta have it!!!
>
> TTYS!
> Chris

Congrats on the bike, may you enjoy many hours of enjoyable riding and
service from it.

WD-40 might work as well. After it dries it leaves an oily residue. Also
available in bulk instead of spray.

On 2005-05-30, C.J.Patten <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> If you're unable to find <Frame Saver> , boiled linseed oil will do the
>> job.

> Thanks Zoot! I called several dozen bike shops. It seems NOBODY within a 100
> miles of home has "Frame Saver."
> I ended up getting the boiled linseed oil. :)

Waxoyl (an ancient rust preventative for car bodywork and subframes) might
be a little easier. I believe you can get it in an aerosol can these days.

Nasty gloopy, smeary stuff though. Keep it inside the tubes.

Regards,

-david