Dahon poor customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B.G.

Hello, I just wanted to share with others my experience with Dahon. I am not even an owner of one,
and now will not be due to the bad impression they have left me with.

The whole thing stems from an email i sent them because one of their bikes, (helios XL) has been on
back order since February. Granted, i was a bit testy, but the level of response i got back was
outrageous. Horrendous email skills combined with a terrible attitude, prompted me to write to Josh
Dahon himself. 2 emails to him have gone completely unanswered and ignored! Let all potential
owners of these (what are probably great bikes!) know the level of customer service they can expect
from this company

Sent to Josh Dahon on 6/13 Hello, I would like to share with you a thread of emails from myself
to your company. They have completely turned me off from your products, and I may use them as
an example of "How to lose customers by unprofessional, unskilled, product support and e-
commerce team)

I sincerely hope you are bothered by this, because I can tell you from a customer standpoint: Right
now, as it stands, I am very unimpressed by your companies public face! If as a customer, this is
the type of support and attitude I can expect from Dahon, I promise you:My money will go to a more
professional company.
P.S. my final email is still unanswered and ignored. Thank you Bill G.

1st email to you: Hello, Your "find a dealer in your area" link does not work. Can you tell me of
some dealers in downtown Philadelphia?

Thanks, B.G.

-----------------------------------------------

RESPONSE

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 5:09 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: dealer locator

Trophy Markets, 311 Market Street

Bike Line, 1028 Arch Street,

Jay's Pedal Power, 510 East Girard

Bike Line, 4151 Main Street

--------------------------------------

2nd email to you

Hi Can you tell me what the story is here? I have been trying to look at a Helios XL for the last 6
weeks. I am in Piladelphia.no dealers have them, the one dealer has told me "next week, next week,
next week" Are you guys incapable of getting bikes to market or what? Does the Helios XL exist and
where can I get one like today?

Thanks, B.G.

--------------------------------------

the 2nd reply is buried in the following post, but here it is so you don't miss it.

Yep, the Helios XL really does exist. It sells out as fast as it comes in. The next shipment will
be in the warehouse this week. You can't get one anywhere today.

(note)Heres how it was sent to me. Horrendous email skills and completely void of professionalism:

2nd response:

Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 6:30 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: dealer locator << Can you tell me what the story is here? I have been trying to look at
a Helios XL for the last 6 weeks. I am in Piladelphia.no dealers have them, the one dealer has told
me "next week, next week, next week" Are you guys incapable of getting bikes to market or what? Does
the Helios XL exist and where can I get one like today? >>Yep, the Helios XL really does exist. It
sells out as fast as it comes in. The next shipment will be in the warehouse this week. You can't
get one anywhere today.

---------------------------------------------

3rd email to you

Thanks for the reply -I'll believe it when I see it! Maybe I'll try again next summer thanx

---------------------------------------------

3rd response from you

As quickly as these bikes sell, they may be out of stock again next summer.

-------------------------------------------

final email from me (which went unanswered)

What sort of customer service is this? I have a good mind to send this entire thread to your
corporate offices, as well as post my dissatisfaction with your poor marketing abilities, combined
with your attitude to every website I can. Taunting frustrated potential customers with smart-ass
comments like this does nothing to further your company image. Did you offer any way for me to get
one or recommend where or how I could order one? NO. Did you try helping me maybe by telling me what
dealers in my area have ordered one that I could maybe see in person? NO! I have been trying since
April to see and possibly buy a XL, but my local dealer says they are backordered. I write you to
see if they really are, or if he is just not interested in ordering one unless it is sold, and I get
comments like this. This bike looks less attractive every day!

"B.G." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

You sent this:

> Hello, Your "find a dealer in your area" link does not work. Can you tell me of some dealers in
> downtown Philadelphia?

They replied with this, which appears to be accurate and responsive.

> Trophy Markets, 311 Market Street
>
> Bike Line, 1028 Arch Street,
>
> Jay's Pedal Power, 510 East Girard
>
> Bike Line, 4151 Main Street

Then you sent this:

> Can you tell me what the story is here? I have been trying to look at a Helios XL for the last 6
> weeks. I am in Piladelphia.no dealers have them, the one dealer has told me "next week, next week,
> next week" Are you guys incapable of getting bikes to market or what? Does the Helios XL exist and
> where can I get one like today?

Which is rude and confrontational ("are you guys incapable...?").

They respond:

> Yep, the Helios XL really does exist. It sells out as fast as it comes in. The next shipment will
> be in the warehouse this week. You can't get one anywhere today.

Which answers your question and states only facts. They may not be the facts you wanted to hear, but
there's certainly nothing nasty about it.

> (note)Heres how it was sent to me. Horrendous email skills and completely void of professionalism:

What do you expect, embossed stationery?

[snipped redundant repeat of previous message]

Then you sent this:

> Thanks for the reply -I'll believe it when I see it! Maybe I'll try again next summer thanx

And they replied:

> As quickly as these bikes sell, they may be out of stock again next summer.

Which, given your message, seems to be a civil and restrained response. "I'll believe it when I see
it" is usually construed as an accusation of lying. When someone accuses me of lying, I'm not
usually as polite as these guys were.

At which point you go completely over the edge, responding with a tirade so out of proportion to
anything that's gone before that it's no wonder they didn't respond further. If I were at the
receiving end of something like this, I'd be thinking about a restraining order.
> -------------------------------------------
>
> final email from me (which went unanswered)
>
> What sort of customer service is this? I have a good mind to send this entire thread to your
> corporate offices, as well as post my dissatisfaction with your poor marketing abilities, combined
> with your attitude to every website I can. Taunting frustrated potential customers with smart-ass
> comments like this does nothing to further your company image. Did you offer any way for me to get
> one or recommend where or how I could order one? NO. Did you try helping me maybe by telling me
> what dealers in my area have ordered one that I could maybe see in person? NO! I have been trying
> since April to see and possibly buy a XL, but my local dealer says they are backordered. I write
> you to see if they really are, or if he is just not interested in ordering one unless it is sold,
> and I get comments like this. This bike looks less attractive every day!

Nowhere in your previous messages did you ask for any of the things that you're now so angry you
didn't get. Don't you think maybe if you had asked any of those questions they might have answered
them? They did, after all, answer all the questions you did ask.

Did you ever ask how you could order one? No. Did you ask what dealers might have one in stock? No.
Did you accept what they told you? No. You asked "where can I get one today." They answered "you
can't get one anywhere today." That's as clear and unequivocal as it's possible to be.

I'm still looking for the "smart-ass comment" you accuse them of making.

You know what I think? I think you present as a nutcase with poor communication skills, and not
somebody I'd want as a customer, either. You've conjured up an imaginary affront and now you're
going to wreak your revenge by smearing the Internet with your diatribes. Oh yeah, they'll be sorry,
you betcha.

Does this sort of thing happen to you a lot?

RichC

Ok Rich let me go ahead and take the time to educate you. I knew going into this that there would be
a sniper like you lurking, waiting to pounce. Its pity people cant post info on here without low
life's like you clogging bandwidth and wasting people's time... I didn't ask your opinion, yet now I
have to waste yet more of my time rebutting your obviously young and uneducated response. I say
young, because those of us who are accustomed to buying what we want; when we want it, don't have
much use for getting smart alec comments from the people we are buying from. We tend to just go shop
elsewhere. Yes I do expect to be treated courteously and with a certain level of respect, from
someone who would like to get 800 - 1000 of my dollars.

Perhaps you would understand an analogy that is at your level: This may be something for you to
think about as you stand in line at 7-11, Burger King, The Dollar Store, etc.

Is the clerk courteous? Does he/she have any personality whatsoever? Is the line more than 5 minutes
long? DO the clerks behave professionally, and have a well groomed professional appearance? Do they
thank you for shopping at K-Mart, etc?

My guess is no-no-yes-no-no and no. This is why it is hard to convey to you what is normally
expected of a good sales transaction.

My guess is that your experience goes more like this:
1. You wait in a long line of other losers such as yourself, who have no other pressing matters, and
nowhere else to be.

2. The clerk looks at you, (signaling that it is your turn to order your Value Meal.) (Not:Hi!
Welcome to McD's, can i take your order!) No cheer, no respect, just "Hep you?"

3. You order.....the clerk (as if on Valium, but obviously not of the income class to actually be
able to afford Valium) shuffles around at a leisurely pace getting your order from the cook, (a
tattooed, pierced lipped dyke with dirty hair and filthy uniform), eventually sliding your greasy
bag of slop across the counter to you, pointing at the register display, (signaling that it is
your turn to pay), with her hand out.

4. You pay with whatever few bills are left in your leather wallet (with safety chain,) as the clerk
looks over you shoulder at the guy behind you and say "Hep you?"

This analogy is not meant to be derogatory. It is just to try to help you understand that you don't
have the experience to know what good CS is! Your ilk and class hasn't been exposed to what a
pleasant experience shopping can be!

That said, let me address your rude comments.

Rich says: They replied with this, which appears to be accurate and responsive.
>
> > Trophy Markets, 311 Market Street
> >
> > Bike Line, 1028 Arch Street,
> >
> > Jay's Pedal Power, 510 East Girard
> >
> > Bike Line, 4151 Main Street
>
****Accurate yes, maybe even responsive. But extremely amateurish and unprofessional. It took me a
minute to even figure out who this was from, what it was about, etc. No evidence of what the
original question was or who it was from. If you ran a company, is this how you would like your
customer service to respond? I would rather have my people respond professionally, either top or
bottom posting the original question, possibly followed by "thanks for contacting Dahon customer
service" or some such, followed by a courteous response. Snip
>
> Which is rude and confrontational ("are you guys incapable...?").

****** As I said, I was frustrated. And any CS agent with a clue would have interpreted that. The
post says I have been waiting six weeks. What part of "that's wayyyyy too long to be waiting" don't
you understand Rich? What kind of company can't get bikes out in six weeks time?
>
> They respond:
>
> > Yep, the Helios XL really does exist. It sells out as fast as it comes in. The next shipment
> > will be in the warehouse this week. You can't get one anywhere today.
>
Rich says:> Which answers your question and states only facts. They may not be the facts
> you wanted to hear, but there's certainly nothing nasty about it

2*******Again, I guarantee you wouldn't last long in business Rich. Customers deserve respect, not
smart-ass comments from 5 dollar an hour CS reps. And CEO's that care, dont ignore angry customer's
letters either. In case you didn't notice, the final sentence is a direct affront designed to
insult. And again, most would agree with me that this is not a professional response from a multi
million dollar company. No header-no footer-no signature. Lame.
>
> > (note)Heres how it was sent to me. Horrendous email skills and completely void of
> > professionalism:>

rich says > What do you expect, embossed stationery?

***********Yet again, you are clueless to the world of customer service protocol: see above. I put a
numeral 2 next to the main point which you can't seem to comprehend. Look up the word
"unprofessional"
>
> > Thanks for the reply -I'll believe it when I see it! Maybe I'll try again next summer thanx
>
*********** Anyone who sells anything would see this as a disgusted buyer about to walk away. And
one would expect a courteous reply, perhaps suggesting that they could e-mail me when the bikes were
in stock or had been shipped. Not another smart assed response of........
>
> > As quickly as these bikes sell, they may be out of stock again next summer.
>
Rich says: > Nowhere in your previous messages did you ask for any of the things that
> you're now so angry you didn't get. Don't you think maybe if you had asked any of those questions
> they might have answered them? They did, after all, answer all the questions you did ask.

********Again see number 2. Why should i have to tell a bike company how to please their customers?
Most any good sales team would offer these responses up to hopefully keep a customer from walking.

rich says:I'm still looking for the "smart-ass comment" you accuse them of making.

*********If you cant see it Rich, you just don't get it anyway.

Rich says:> You know what I think? I think you present as a nutcase with poor
> communication skills, and not somebody I'd want as a customer, either. You've conjured up an
> imaginary affront and now you're going to wreak your revenge by smearing the Internet with your
> diatribes. Oh yeah, they'll be sorry, you betcha.
>
********News Flash for ya Rich!! I don't give a **** what you think!! Your last point makes it
absolutely clear you could never survive running any type of business. I didn't ask nor do i care
who "they want as a customer". And i don't know of many successful CEO's who allow their CS reps
to decide "who they want as a customer" Another news flash here. Look up the word diatribe and
then consider getting some additional schooling. I simply posted a thread of unprofessional
responses from a company that for all practical purposes seem to make a fine product, yet seem to
have very poor CS.

*****Do you mean having to waste my time rebutting uneducated punks who snipe any and every posting
they read? No, i wouldn't say "a lot". (Correct spelling would be "alot")

Ok Rich let me go ahead and take the time to educate you. I knew going into this that there would be
a sniper like you lurking, waiting to pounce. Its pity people cant post info on here without low
life's like you clogging bandwidth and wasting people's time... I didn't ask your opinion, yet now I
have to waste yet more of my time rebutting your obviously young and uneducated response. I say
young, because those of us who are accustomed to buying what we want; when we want it, don't have
much use for getting smart alec comments from the people we are buying from. We tend to just go shop
elsewhere. Yes I do expect to be treated courteously and with a certain level of respect, from
someone who would like to get 800 - 1000 of my dollars.

Perhaps you would understand an analogy that is at your level: This may be something for you to
think about as you stand in line at 7-11, Burger King, The Dollar Store, etc.

Is the clerk courteous? Does he/she have any personality whatsoever? Is the line more than 5 minutes
long? DO the clerks behave professionally, and have a well groomed professional appearance? Do they
thank you for shopping at K-Mart, etc?

My guess is no-no-yes-no-no and no. This is why it is hard to convey to you what is normally
expected of a good sales transaction.

My guess is that your experience goes more like this:
1. You wait in a long line of other losers such as yourself, who have no other pressing matters, and
nowhere else to be.

2. The clerk looks at you, (signaling that it is your turn to order your Value Meal.) (Not:Hi!
Welcome to McD's, can i take your order!) No cheer, no respect, just "Hep you?"

3. You order.....the clerk (as if on Valium, but obviously not of the income class to actually be
able to afford Valium) shuffles around at a leisurely pace getting your order from the cook, (a
tattooed, pierced lipped dyke with dirty hair and filthy uniform), eventually sliding your greasy
bag of slop across the counter to you, pointing at the register display, (signaling that it is
your turn to pay), with her hand out.

4. You pay with whatever few bills are left in your leather wallet (with safety chain,) as the clerk
looks over you shoulder at the guy behind you and say "Hep you?"

This analogy is not meant to be derogatory. It is just to try to help you understand that you don't
have the experience to know what good CS is! Your ilk and class hasn't been exposed to what a
pleasant experience shopping can be!

That said, let me address your rude comments.

Rich says: They replied with this, which appears to be accurate and responsive.
>
> > Trophy Markets, 311 Market Street
> >
> > Bike Line, 1028 Arch Street,
> >
> > Jay's Pedal Power, 510 East Girard
> >
> > Bike Line, 4151 Main Street
>
****Accurate yes, maybe even responsive. But extremely amateurish and unprofessional. It took me a
minute to even figure out who this was from, what it was about, etc. No evidence of what the
original question was or who it was from. If you ran a company, is this how you would like your
customer service to respond? I would rather have my people respond professionally, either top or
bottom posting the original question, possibly followed by "thanks for contacting Dahon customer
service" or some such, followed by a courteous response. Snip
>
> Which is rude and confrontational ("are you guys incapable...?").

****** As I said, I was frustrated. And any CS agent with a clue would have interpreted that. The
post says I have been waiting six weeks. What part of "that's wayyyyy too long to be waiting" don't
you understand Rich? What kind of company can't get bikes out in six weeks time?
>
> They respond:
>
> > Yep, the Helios XL really does exist. It sells out as fast as it comes in. The next shipment
> > will be in the warehouse this week. You can't get one anywhere today.
>
Rich says:> Which answers your question and states only facts. They may not be the facts
> you wanted to hear, but there's certainly nothing nasty about it

2*******Again, I guarantee you wouldn't last long in business Rich. Customers deserve respect, not
smart-ass comments from 5 dollar an hour CS reps. And CEO's that care, dont ignore angry customer's
letters either. In case you didn't notice, the final sentence is a direct affront designed to
insult. And again, most would agree with me that this is not a professional response from a multi
million dollar company. No header-no footer-no signature. Lame.
>
> > (note)Heres how it was sent to me. Horrendous email skills and completely void of
> > professionalism:>

rich says > What do you expect, embossed stationery?

***********Yet again, you are clueless to the world of customer service protocol: see above. I put a
numeral 2 next to the main point which you can't seem to comprehend. Look up the word
"unprofessional"
>
> > Thanks for the reply -I'll believe it when I see it! Maybe I'll try again next summer thanx
>
*********** Anyone who sells anything would see this as a disgusted buyer about to walk away. And
one would expect a courteous reply, perhaps suggesting that they could e-mail me when the bikes were
in stock or had been shipped. Not another smart assed response of........
>
> > As quickly as these bikes sell, they may be out of stock again next summer.
>
Rich says: > Nowhere in your previous messages did you ask for any of the things that
> you're now so angry you didn't get. Don't you think maybe if you had asked any of those questions
> they might have answered them? They did, after all, answer all the questions you did ask.

********Again see number 2. Why should i have to tell a bike company how to please their customers?
Most any good sales team would offer these responses up to hopefully keep a customer from walking.

rich says:I'm still looking for the "smart-ass comment" you accuse them of making.

*********If you cant see it Rich, you just don't get it anyway.

Rich says:> You know what I think? I think you present as a nutcase with poor
> communication skills, and not somebody I'd want as a customer, either. You've conjured up an
> imaginary affront and now you're going to wreak your revenge by smearing the Internet with your
> diatribes. Oh yeah, they'll be sorry, you betcha.
>
********News Flash for ya Rich!! I don't give a **** what you think!! Your last point makes it
absolutely clear you could never survive running any type of business. I didn't ask nor do i care
who "they want as a customer". And i don't know of many successful CEO's who allow their CS reps
to decide "who they want as a customer" Another news flash here. Look up the word diatribe and
then consider getting some additional schooling. I simply posted a thread of unprofessional
responses from a company that for all practical purposes seem to make a fine product, yet seem to
have very poor CS.

*****Do you mean having to waste my time rebutting uneducated punks who snipe any and every posting
they read? No, i wouldn't say "a lot". (Correct spelling would be "alot")

You posted in a public forum. People often respond to messages posted here. That's how newsgroups
work. You might want to spend some time looking into it.

As for the "materiel" you posted. Yes, they could have done a better job and I got the impression
that they were unfamiliar with email Ect. They could and should improve staff training on this. Your
email on the other hand was rude, aggressive, poorly written and quite a few other things. Looking
at your response to "Rich Clarks" reply to your post in this public forum indicates the assumption
we made about you from your emails to this company as being correct. I can only suggest you take
some time to relax, look at how rational people behave and try (with medication if needed) to adjust
yourself so you have some chance of fitting into today's society and not just be one of the many
people who are humoured in the hope they will soon leave. I pity the people who have to have daily
contact with you.

Had I wanted to waste further time on a reply to you I would have gone into detail about some of the
occasions I have had real issues and how I have dealt with them. Getting good results on most
occasion. You would have been able to learn the correct way to handle service/supply issue but I
feel that this would be a pointless exercise.

AJS

Garbage removed.

BG, I agree with Rich Clark. I think he said it pretty well and that it is worth your reading again.
Below, right in your first sentence you refer to him as a low life. Your whole style revolves around
aggressive rudeness. That's what he was saying and I agree with him.

I thought the bike company was pretty calm. I would have simply invited you to go trash me on an
internet newsgroup and then leave me alone. I say this with some experience because I make my living
doing e-commerce and I deal with people like you from time to time. Normally I just fire them as
customers. Life is too short to pander to this kind of behavior. I've listed my e-commerce sites
beneath my name in the hopes that you will avoid them. Hope you can get happy in time. Take care.

Fred http://www.knifeoutlet.com http://www.chefsoutlet.com http://www.pendomain.com
http://www.shootersoutlet.com http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

> Ok Rich let me go ahead and take the time to educate you. I knew going into this that there would
> be a sniper like you lurking, waiting to pounce. Its pity people cant post info on here without
> low life's like you clogging bandwidth and wasting people's time... I didn't ask your opinion, yet
> now I have to waste yet more of my time rebutting your obviously young and uneducated response. I
> say young, because those of us who are accustomed to buying what we want; when we want it, don't
> have much use for getting smart alec comments from the people we are buying from. We tend to just
> go shop elsewhere. Yes I do expect to be treated courteously and with a certain level of respect,
> from someone who would like to get 800 - 1000 of my dollars.
>
> Perhaps you would understand an analogy that is at your level: This may be something for you to
> think about as you stand in line at 7-11, Burger King, The Dollar Store, etc.
>
> Is the clerk courteous? Does he/she have any personality whatsoever? Is the line more than 5
> minutes long? DO the clerks behave professionally, and have a well groomed professional
> appearance? Do they thank you for shopping at K-Mart, etc?
>
> My guess is no-no-yes-no-no and no. This is why it is hard to convey to you what is normally
> expected of a good sales transaction.
>
> My guess is that your experience goes more like this:
> 1. You wait in a long line of other losers such as yourself, who have no other pressing matters,
> and nowhere else to be.
>
> 2. The clerk looks at you, (signaling that it is your turn to order your Value Meal.) (Not:Hi!
> Welcome to McD's, can i take your order!) No cheer, no respect, just "Hep you?"
>
> 3. You order.....the clerk (as if on Valium, but obviously not of the income class to actually be
> able to afford Valium) shuffles around at a leisurely pace getting your order from the cook, (a
> tattooed, pierced lipped dyke with dirty hair and filthy uniform), eventually sliding your
> greasy bag of slop across the counter to you, pointing at the register display, (signaling that
> it is your turn to pay), with her hand out.
>
> 4. You pay with whatever few bills are left in your leather wallet (with safety chain,) as the
> clerk looks over you shoulder at the guy behind you and say "Hep you?"
>
> This analogy is not meant to be derogatory. It is just to try to help you understand that you
> don't have the experience to know what good CS is! Your ilk and class hasn't been exposed to what
> a pleasant experience shopping can be!
>
> That said, let me address your rude comments.
>
>
> Rich says: They replied with this, which appears to be accurate and responsive.
> >
> > > Trophy Markets, 311 Market Street
> > >
> > > Bike Line, 1028 Arch Street,
> > >
> > > Jay's Pedal Power, 510 East Girard
> > >
> > > Bike Line, 4151 Main Street
> >
> ****Accurate yes, maybe even responsive. But extremely amateurish and unprofessional. It took me a
> minute to even figure out who this was from, what it was about, etc. No evidence of what the
> original question was or who it was from. If you ran a company, is this how you would like your
> customer service to respond? I would rather have my people respond professionally, either top or
> bottom posting the original question, possibly followed by "thanks for contacting Dahon customer
> service" or some such, followed by a courteous response. Snip
> >
> > Which is rude and confrontational ("are you guys incapable...?").
>
> ****** As I said, I was frustrated. And any CS agent with a clue would have interpreted that. The
> post says I have been waiting six weeks. What part of "that's wayyyyy too long to be waiting"
> don't you understand Rich? What kind of company can't get bikes out in six weeks time?
> >
> > They respond:
> >
> > > Yep, the Helios XL really does exist. It sells out as fast as it comes in. The next shipment
> > > will be in the warehouse this week. You can't get one anywhere today.
> >
> Rich says:> Which answers your question and states only facts. They may not be the facts
> > you wanted to hear, but there's certainly nothing nasty about it
>
> 2*******Again, I guarantee you wouldn't last long in business Rich. Customers deserve respect, not
> smart-ass comments from 5 dollar an hour CS reps. And CEO's that care, dont ignore angry
> customer's letters either. In case you didn't notice, the final sentence is a direct affront
> designed to insult. And again, most would agree with me that this is not a professional response
> from a multi million dollar company. No header-no footer-no signature. Lame.
> >
> > > (note)Heres how it was sent to me. Horrendous email skills and completely void of
> > > professionalism:>
>
>
> rich says > What do you expect, embossed stationery?
>
> ***********Yet again, you are clueless to the world of customer service protocol: see above. I put
> a numeral 2 next to the main point which you can't seem to comprehend. Look up the word
> "unprofessional"
> >
> > > Thanks for the reply -I'll believe it when I see it! Maybe I'll try again next summer thanx
> >
> *********** Anyone who sells anything would see this as a disgusted buyer about to walk away. And
> one would expect a courteous reply, perhaps suggesting that they could e-mail me when the bikes
> were in stock or had been shipped. Not another smart assed response of........
> >
> > > As quickly as these bikes sell, they may be out of stock again next summer.
> >
> Rich says: > Nowhere in your previous messages did you ask for any of the things that
> > you're now so angry you didn't get. Don't you think maybe if you had
asked
> > any of those questions they might have answered them? They did, after
all,
> > answer all the questions you did ask.
>
> ********Again see number 2. Why should i have to tell a bike company how to please their
> customers? Most any good sales team would offer these responses up to hopefully keep a customer
> from walking.
>
> rich says:I'm still looking for the "smart-ass comment" you accuse them of making.
>
> *********If you cant see it Rich, you just don't get it anyway.
>
> Rich says:> You know what I think? I think you present as a nutcase with poor
> > communication skills, and not somebody I'd want as a customer, either. You've conjured up an
> > imaginary affront and now you're going to wreak
your
> > revenge by smearing the Internet with your diatribes. Oh yeah, they'll
be
> > sorry, you betcha.
> >
> ********News Flash for ya Rich!! I don't give a **** what you think!! Your last point makes it
> absolutely clear you could never survive running any type of business. I didn't ask nor do i care
> who "they want as a customer". And i don't know of many successful CEO's who allow their CS reps
> to decide "who they want as a customer" Another news flash here. Look up the word diatribe and
> then consider getting some additional schooling. I simply posted a thread of unprofessional
> responses from a company that for all practical purposes seem to make a fine product, yet seem to
> have very poor CS.
>
> Does this sort of thing happen to you a lot?
>
> *****Do you mean having to waste my time rebutting uneducated punks who snipe any and every
> posting they read? No, i wouldn't say "a lot". (Correct spelling would be "alot")

On 16 Jun 2003 23:37:02 -0700, [email protected] (B.G.) wrote:

>>
>********News Flash for ya Rich!! I don't give a **** what you think!!

Why did you post if you don't want feedback?

Perhaps if you learnt some manners rather than trying to score points of everyone you contact, you
might get better service and stop making your own (and the sales department's) life a misery.

[email protected] (B.G.) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello, I just wanted to share with others my experience with Dahon. I am not even an owner of one,
> and now will not be due to the bad impression they have left me with.

<snip B.G.'s unwarranted rant against Dahon>

You are the type of customer a business doesn't want. A nitpicker. Anal. An asshole who demands
perfection, all the while being totally clueless as to what a customers proper actions should be.
Yep, that's right ********, a customer needs to act properly too. I've had your type in the shop,
and they have all left without getting what they "demanded". Politeness and respect begets
politeness and respect. Your replies to Dahon, who have clearly been helping you, and your response
to Rich who simply pointed it out, are absolute perfect example of an asshole in action.

At this point, Dahon would be justified in telling you to f**k-off!

[email protected] (B.G.) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello,
<snip maniacal rant from e-stalker>
> .....final email from me (which went unanswered) ......... I have been trying since April to see
> and possibly buy a XL,.......

That would be "an XL" not "a XL". I bet you get corrected "a lot".

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, John's Cat wrote:
> On 16 Jun 2003 23:37:02 -0700, [email protected] (B.G.) wrote:
>
>
> >>
> >********News Flash for ya Rich!! I don't give a **** what you think!!
>
> Why did you post if you don't want feedback?

Clearly, he wanted responses that agreed with him and condemned Dahon (and, probably, everyone else
he'd ever ****** off in the past), not critical responses.

This dude (original poster) needs to seriously cheeelll...

-Brendon

Sorry you are displeased with Dahon.

And did you call all of the dealers in your area? If I wanted one, I'd do a google search, and start
calling all of the dealers across the country. A new Dahon is basically just needs to be unfolded.
You could have it shipped to a LBS if you are not so mechanical.

It is frustrating trying to locate a hard to find bike.

> you:My money will go to a more professional company.
> P.S. my final email is still unanswered and ignored. Thank you Bill G.

> *****Do you mean having to waste my time rebutting uneducated punks who snipe any and every
> posting they read? No, i wouldn't say "a lot". (Correct spelling would be "alot")

FYI:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=alot ALOT: in Acronym Finder which links to: ALOT Adaptive
Large Optics Technologies ALOT Airborne Lightweight Optical Tracking ALOT Allotment

Rather... http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=a%20lot

a lot

adv : to a very great degree or extent; "we enjoyed ourselves very much"; "she was very much
interested"; "this would help a great deal" [syn: a good deal, a great deal, much, very much]

BG,

Your're wrong and Rich is right.

At my business we also do a littler e-commerce (6-10 transactions a week) and you know what we call
people like you?

Entertainment for a dull workday.

x-no-archive:yes

> Ok Rich let me go ahead and take the time to educate you. I knew going into this that there would
> be a sniper like you lurking, waiting to pounce. Its pity people cant post info on here without
> low life's like you clogging bandwidth and wasting people's time... I didn't ask your opinion, yet
> now I have to waste yet more of my time rebutting your obviously young and uneducated response. I
> say young, because those of us who are accustomed to buying what we want; when we want it, don't
> have much use for getting smart alec comments from the people we are buying from. We tend to just
> go shop elsewhere. Yes I do expect to be treated courteously and with a certain level of respect,
> from someone who would like to get 800 - 1000 of my dollars.

<long boring rant stripped>

B.G., you want to be treated like a king in the store while being rude and condescending yourself to
all you meet. It must be a terrible life being you. Please stay out of Texas. I don't want any
of our good ol' boys getting arrested for putting their fist in your ugly mouth.

Pat in Texas

"Melisa Johns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Sorry you are displeased with Dahon.
>
> And did you call all of the dealers in your area? If I wanted one, I'd do a google search, and
> start calling all of the dealers across the country. A new Dahon is basically just needs to be
> unfolded. You could have it shipped to a LBS if you are not so mechanical.
>
> It is frustrating trying to locate a hard to find bike.
>
> "B.G." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > you:My money will go to a more professional company.
> > P.S. my final email is still unanswered and ignored. Thank you Bill G.

I have seaerched everywhere in my area, and i really wanted to see one before purchasing. Summer
is almost over now tho. Thanx

"A-J-S" <[email protected]> .
>
> As for the "materiel" you posted. Yes, they could have done a better job and I got the impression
> that they were unfamiliar with email Ect. They could and should improve staff training on this.

*******My point exactly

(other pointless tripe snipped)

thanks for repying

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> BG, I agree with Rich Clark.

****So sorry to hear that

Below, right in your first sentence you refer to
> him as a low life.

******Dont particularlary respect those that slander others on the web Fred

>
> I thought the bike company was pretty calm.

*******didnt say they werent Mr. Whitlock. I just posted a thread of 6 days worth of emails to
them verbatim

I would have simply invited you
> to go trash me on an internet newsgroup and then leave me alone.

******Dont worry, when i have time. I say this
> with some experience because I make my living doing e-commerce and I deal with people like you
> from time to time.

*******i see that Normally I just fire them as
> customers. Life is too short to pander to this kind of behavior.

*******do you have many customers? Do you send them emails that look like a 3 year old wrote
them? I've
> listed my e-commerce sites beneath my name in the hopes that you will avoid them. Hope you can get
> happy in time. Take care.
***** Good work Fred! Thanks, and i will!!

Status
Not open for further replies.