Daisy Hill Sunday Morning 26.3.06

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by monsterman, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    I cant make the LA ride tomorrow. I'll be at the top car park at Daisy hill (poss. with a mate if eh does not go soft) at 0530 this sunday if anyone wants a giggle.

    I remember when i started playing league as a 5 yo we used to have these cute little shorts with internal pockets on the hips in which you'd slot some large sponge pads. I have a feeling they'd be as useful on Sunday as the bottle of Dettol I asked wifey to buy yesterday. .

    Tags:

  2. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    monsterman wrote:

    > I cant make the LA ride tomorrow. I'll be at the top car park at Daisy
    > hill (poss. with a mate if eh does not go soft) at 0530 this sunday if
    > anyone wants a giggle.
    >
    > I remember when i started playing league as a 5 yo we used to have
    > these cute little shorts with internal pockets on the hips in which
    > you'd slot some large sponge pads. I have a feeling they'd be as
    > useful on Sunday as the bottle of Dettol I asked wifey to buy
    > yesterday. .
    >
    > --
    > monsterman

    Dude, if I can do it, anyone can do it.

    As an alternate plan for those who can't make it, or in wet weather, or
    whatever...

    I have to work all weekend, and the 2IC has said that PT on Sunday
    morning is going to be a bike ride to Redcliffe. I don't think we'll
    make it that far in the allocated time, but probably Sandgate and back.
    There should be a coffee stop. One of our riders is slow and we'll all
    stick together so no worries about getting dropped. Start time is 0530
    so meet us at the front gate of Enoggera Barracks and we'll pick you up
    on the way out.

    Tam

  3. Donga

    Donga Guest

    I did a crit at Murrarie last year and there was a feller with a pair
    of those shorts with thick pads on the thighs. He was a pretty wild
    rider, all over the place, but very strong. He ended up winning the
    prime and maybe the race, partly because he was strong but partly too
    because people stayed right away from him. Crits take a bit of nerve at
    the best of times, but more so when riding with someone kitted out like
    they expect to fall!

    Donga

  4. Donga

    Donga Guest

    I won't be doing such an early ride on a Sunday - family time (as in
    making a family :)) - but would be interested in 6.30 or 7.

    Donga

  5. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Donga wrote:

    > I did a crit at Murrarie last year and there was a feller with a pair
    > of those shorts with thick pads on the thighs. He was a pretty wild
    > rider, all over the place, but very strong. He ended up winning the
    > prime and maybe the race, partly because he was strong but partly too
    > because people stayed right away from him. Crits take a bit of nerve at
    > the best of times, but more so when riding with someone kitted out like
    > they expect to fall!
    >
    > Donga

    The beautiful thing about Murarrie is the number of riders out there
    saying, "Nah maaayte, this is my shit bike, I ain't racin' here on my
    good bike, no way!"

    My excuse was that my tri bike had bars on it, and I couldn't be fscked
    taking them off for a 40min+3 race... but really, I just didn't want it
    to get mangled when those Hit girls lose their line...

    Tam

  6. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Donga wrote:

    > I won't be doing such an early ride on a Sunday - family time (as in
    > making a family :)) - but would be interested in 6.30 or 7.
    >
    > Donga

    Dude, don't you already have a family?

    You should be _actively_ not making a family. I much prefer this method.

    Big families = less bike time.

    Tam

  7. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Tam:
    >Dude, don't you already have a family?

    Well, you know, practicing! Like I practice for winning Open races.
    Ain't gonna happen for this Master, but the practice is fun.

    Donga

  8. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Monsterman, there is a good chance we will be there. Might be a good idea to e-mail your mobile number to lottehougaard at resortbrokers dot com dot au in case we need to confirm anything or pike!

  9. retrograded

    retrograded Guest

    "monsterman" <monsterm[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > I cant make the LA ride tomorrow. I'll be at the top car park at Daisy
    > hill (poss. with a mate if eh does not go soft) at 0530 this sunday if
    > anyone wants a giggle.
    >
    > I remember when i started playing league as a 5 yo we used to have
    > these cute little shorts with internal pockets on the hips in which
    > you'd slot some large sponge pads. I have a feeling they'd be as
    > useful on Sunday as the bottle of Dettol I asked wifey to buy
    > yesterday. .
    >

    > --
    > monsterman

    See you there @ 5:30am

  10. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    PHP:
    PHP:
    I've been exchanging email with Lotte - looks like a non-event due to rainy conditions mainly - apparently the area doesn't drain that well and can be quite a bog. My other mate has also bailed so if it aint raining I'll do teh airport ride from park road instead. Next weekend should be a goer weather permitting

  11. retrograded

    retrograded Guest

    "monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > PHP code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > --------------------
    > retrograded Wrote:
    >> "monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > I cant make the LA ride tomorrow. I'll be at the top car park at

    >> Daisy
    >> > hill (poss. with a mate if eh does not go soft) at 0530 this sunday

    >> if
    >> > anyone wants a giggle.
    >> >
    >> > I remember when i started playing league as a 5 yo we used to have
    >> > these cute little shorts with internal pockets on the hips in which
    >> > you'd slot some large sponge pads. I have a feeling they'd be as
    >> > useful on Sunday as the bottle of Dettol I asked wifey to buy
    >> > yesterday. .
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > monsterman
    >> >

    >> See you there @ 5:30am

    > PHP code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > --------------------
    >

    > I've been exchanging email with Lotte - looks like a non-event due to
    > rainy conditions mainly - apparently the area doesn't drain that well
    > and can be quite a bog. My other mate has also bailed so if it aint
    > raining I'll do teh airport ride from park road instead. Next weekend
    > should be a goer weather permitting
    >

    > --
    > monsterman

    We ended up going because there had been little or no rain for the previous
    36 hours, and we had a blast. An early start is best, we were the only two
    cars in the car park when we took off, and saw a total of three other riders
    on the trails in the time that we were out there. When we arrived back at
    the car park, just before 7am, there were no parks left and plenty of riders
    getting ready to head out.

  12. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    I'll second that. Was a great ride, but it was really hard getting out of bed to do that on a Sunday.

    And Retro has improved heaps and f*cking sat on my tail the whole way.

    Lotte (bruised ego)

  13. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    LotteBum wrote:

    > I'll second that. Was a great ride, but it was really hard getting out
    > of bed to do that on a Sunday.
    >
    > And Retro has improved heaps and f*cking sat on my tail the whole way.
    >
    > Lotte (bruised ego)
    >
    > --
    > LotteBum

    Sitting on Lotte's tail sucks because she can ride obstacles really nice
    and slow. I rely on speed. She slows down. I stall.

    Tam