Dakota Ridge black diamond rated trail pictures

LIBERATOR

Guest
http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2946

The beginning to Dakota Ridge, is so peaceful and smooth, so deceptive
to what lies ahead.

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2948

This guy took my picture, he works for Chos TKD, the people who have
made me homeless

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2949

Trees just before the ruthless rocks

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2950

Looking down at Mathew Winters parking lot

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2951

Very much like Apex

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2952

Note the slant, that is the trail on the slant on the rocks, wait, it
gets more severe

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2953

That's looking back at what I just rode over

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2954

Kind of an easy line through the rocks, it gets far worse...

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2955

Ride-A-Lot is needing to try this

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2956

Turn at 15MPH

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2957

This is a testament to the black diamond rating Dakota Ridge has been
given

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2959

Steps, which are made out of logs stacked on each other, weirdest thing
I ever experienced and haven't seen these anywhere out of the 10 trails
I've been on, except Dakota Ridge

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2960

He can't make it, and neither can I, these aren't even the hard ones

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2962

Going up is real real tough, I can't do it...

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2965

Nice tough rock section on a turn...

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2966

Pure black diamond rating, can you find the line to ride?

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2968

Getting towards the end of the middle section of the 3 sections, it
becomes less violent

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/photos.php?id=28&photo=2969

Decent rock challenge on the descent to the last section (3rd section
of Dakota Ridge) of Dakota Ridge

How long did it take to complete the trip? It does not appear that you
clip in either. How could you possibly stay in the pedels when it gets
real rough?

MILO wrote:
> How long did it take to complete the trip? It does not appear that you
> clip in either. How could you possibly stay in the pedels when it gets
> real rough?

Well because of filming it it took me an hour. But if I went right
through it it would take me 35 to 40 minutes.

I don't clip in and never have had a problem, in fact clips scare me,
if you fall your bike is going to land on you, if I'm not mistaken..
(never used clips so I imagine your bike does not disconnect if you
fall/endo).

And I also by research many of the pro racers don't clip in either.
Some do it some don't. Freestylers can't use clips because they have to
constantly be off the pedals.

HOMELESS NUT CASE wrote:

> I don't clip in and never have had a problem, in fact clips scare me,
> if you fall your bike is going to land on you, if I'm not mistaken..
> (never used clips so I imagine your bike does not disconnect if you
> fall/endo).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's right, the bike is welded to your feet.
ROTFLMAO! You better learn something about pedals before spouting off
your babble.

BTW, which shelter do you use? I am going to volunteer to serve
Thanksgiving dinner at one and I want to make sure it's the one you will
be at.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> HOMELESS NUT CASE wrote:
>
> > I don't clip in and never have had a problem, in fact clips scare me,
> > if you fall your bike is going to land on you, if I'm not mistaken..
> > (never used clips so I imagine your bike does not disconnect if you
> > fall/endo).

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's right, the bike is welded to your feet.
> ROTFLMAO! You better learn something about pedals before spouting off
> your babble.

LOL, look look look!! the penguin came out to play.

Hahaha, Ride-A-Lot, you big bird scaredy cat of the rocks, why don't
you ride a trail that's worthy of having clips, and fall, and show us
what happens. The trails you've been riding don't necessitate clips,
dear gay Penguin Squad leader. Why would you even say something here,
when you know you don't require clips for where you bike.

> BTW, which shelter do you use? I am going to volunteer to serve
> Thanksgiving dinner at one and I want to make sure it's the one you will
> be at.

I'll make sure I'm not there because I don't want to watch Oprah with
you. On the other hand, if you want me to teach you how to ride a MTB
over black diamond trails, and want to compensate me by buying me a
video camera, I will gladly meet up with you Penguin commander...

On Nov 10, 12:47 pm, "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I don't clip in and never have had a problem, in fact clips scare me,
> if you fall your bike is going to land on you, if I'm not mistaken..
> (never used clips so I imagine your bike does not disconnect if you
> fall/endo).

Until you get used to unclipping, you might fall over a few times.
I've watched my friends do it while they were learning.

It's only partly about staying on the pedals--it's also about the power
you can get on the upstroke.

I use toeclips. Cheaper than clipless, some upstroke power, keeps feet
on muddy pedals, and, most importantly to me since my bike is my
primary transportation, I can ride in my street shoes.

And, having ridden bikes with clipless pedals, my opinion is: they
rule.

-Beej

Beej wrote:
> On Nov 10, 12:47 pm, "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I don't clip in and never have had a problem, in fact clips scare me,
> > if you fall your bike is going to land on you, if I'm not mistaken..
> > (never used clips so I imagine your bike does not disconnect if you
> > fall/endo).

> Until you get used to unclipping, you might fall over a few times.
> I've watched my friends do it while they were learning.
>
> It's only partly about staying on the pedals--it's also about the power
> you can get on the upstroke.
>
> I use toeclips. Cheaper than clipless, some upstroke power, keeps feet
> on muddy pedals, and, most importantly to me since my bike is my
> primary transportation, I can ride in my street shoes.
>
> And, having ridden bikes with clipless pedals, my opinion is: they
> rule.
>
> -Beej

Yeah I know about the upstroke being more constant power increasing
performance, but I don't like being stuck to my bke, and I too once had
the toe clips, and when I had them didn't notice the difference in
performance.

LIBERATOR wrote:
> Beej wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 12:47 pm, "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> I don't clip in and never have had a problem, in fact clips scare me,
>>> if you fall your bike is going to land on you, if I'm not mistaken..
>>> (never used clips so I imagine your bike does not disconnect if you
>>> fall/endo).

>> Until you get used to unclipping, you might fall over a few times.
>> I've watched my friends do it while they were learning.
>>
>> It's only partly about staying on the pedals--it's also about the power
>> you can get on the upstroke.
>>
>> I use toeclips. Cheaper than clipless, some upstroke power, keeps feet
>> on muddy pedals, and, most importantly to me since my bike is my
>> primary transportation, I can ride in my street shoes.
>>
>> And, having ridden bikes with clipless pedals, my opinion is: they
>> rule.
>>
>> -Beej

> Yeah I know about the upstroke being more constant power increasing
> performance, but I don't like being stuck to my bke, and I too once had
> the toe clips, and when I had them didn't notice the difference in
> performance.

Then you weren't using them
correctly.

cc wrote:
> LIBERATOR wrote:
> > Beej wrote:
> >> Until you get used to unclipping, you might fall over a few times.
> >> I've watched my friends do it while they were learning.
> >>
> >> It's only partly about staying on the pedals--it's also about the power
> >> you can get on the upstroke.
> >>
> >> I use toeclips. Cheaper than clipless, some upstroke power, keeps feet
> >> on muddy pedals, and, most importantly to me since my bike is my
> >> primary transportation, I can ride in my street shoes.
> >>
> >> And, having ridden bikes with clipless pedals, my opinion is: they
> >> rule.
> >>
> >> -Beej

> > Yeah I know about the upstroke being more constant power increasing
> > performance, but I don't like being stuck to my bke, and I too once had
> > the toe clips, and when I had them didn't notice the difference in
> > performance.
> >

> Then you weren't using them
> correctly.

Oh. Well I don't think they improve anything, cuz I keep up with guys
that use clips just fine. Aint no difference in our performance eh...

> Oh. Well I don't think they improve anything, cuz I keep up with guys
> that use clips just fine. Aint no difference in our performance eh...

I was scared to ride with clips for a long time, just like you are. My
wife bought me a set for my birthday a year ago, and I have never
looked back. I was able to "keep up" with flats, but now I ride away
from the pack. It took a bit a of time riding in the grass on my back
yard where falling wasn't as painful, but my feet come out every single
time nowadays. The biggest improvement for me was that I raised my seat
a bit, and rarely stand up in the saddle anymore. I only have spring
fork shocks, which used to bob real bad when I climbed. Now my weight
is centered farther back, which increases my power, and decreases the
fatigue. Not to mention everything that you said about the upstroke...

I also like them for crossing logs. You just wheelie the front end
over, let the sprocket catch, put your front pedal on the log, and
power through with your back leg. The result is the whole bike lifts
up off the ground and over the log. This just can't be done on flats.
Clips keep you in the pedals for larger jumps as well. Before I had
them, I would often find myself flying at a diffent rate than the bike
beneath me, Either it would drop out under me, or I would fly past the
bike, making a rude landing on the crossbar rather than the seat.

I would agree what some of you had to say about toe clips, at least for
urban riding, but on the trail, they don't release when you are
falling, which is what LIBBY is so scared of...

MILO wrote:
>> Oh. Well I don't think they improve anything, cuz I keep up with guys
>> that use clips just fine. Aint no difference in our performance eh...

> I was scared to ride with clips for a long time, just like you are. My
> wife bought me a set for my birthday a year ago, and I have never
> looked back. I was able to "keep up" with flats, but now I ride away
> from the pack. It took a bit a of time riding in the grass on my back
> yard where falling wasn't as painful, but my feet come out every single
> time nowadays. The biggest improvement for me was that I raised my seat
> a bit, and rarely stand up in the saddle anymore. I only have spring
> fork shocks, which used to bob real bad when I climbed. Now my weight
> is centered farther back, which increases my power, and decreases the
> fatigue. Not to mention everything that you said about the upstroke...
>
> I also like them for crossing logs. You just wheelie the front end
> over, let the sprocket catch, put your front pedal on the log, and
> power through with your back leg. The result is the whole bike lifts
> up off the ground and over the log. This just can't be done on flats.
> Clips keep you in the pedals for larger jumps as well. Before I had
> them, I would often find myself flying at a diffent rate than the bike
> beneath me, Either it would drop out under me, or I would fly past the
> bike, making a rude landing on the crossbar rather than the seat.

This is a very non-ideal way of crossing logs, both for your bike and
the log. Either jump it or unweight the front wheel until you clear your
sprocket.

LIBERATOR wrote:
> cc wrote:
>> LIBERATOR wrote:

>>> Yeah I know about the upstroke being more constant power increasing
>>> performance, but I don't like being stuck to my bke, and I too once had
>>> the toe clips, and when I had them didn't notice the difference in
>>> performance.
>>>

>> Then you weren't using them
>> correctly.

> Oh. Well I don't think they improve anything, cuz I keep up with guys
> that use clips just fine. Aint no difference in our performance eh...

You're an idiot. The meaningful comparison is you with clips vs. you
without clips.

cc wrote:
> LIBBY the Homeless Wonder wrote:
>>
>> Oh. Well I don't think they improve anything, cuz I keep up with guys
>> that use clips just fine. Aint no difference in our performance eh...
>>

> You're an idiot. The meaningful comparison is you with clips vs. you
> without clips.

Wrong. He's not an idiot, he's a lunatic. Do you really think Libby
has the money to even try clips?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> cc wrote:
>
>> LIBBY the Homeless Wonder wrote:
>>

>>> Oh. Well I don't think they improve anything, cuz I keep up with guys
>>> that use clips just fine. Aint no difference in our performance eh...
>>>

>> You're an idiot. The meaningful comparison is you with clips vs. you
>> without clips.

> Wrong. He's not an idiot, he's a lunatic. Do you really think Libby
> has the money to even try clips?

Are you guys calling clipless clips? Get your terms straight!

Matt

MattB wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> cc wrote:

>>> You're an idiot. The meaningful comparison is you with clips vs. you
>>> without clips.

>> Wrong. He's not an idiot, he's a lunatic. Do you really think Libby
>> has the money to even try clips?
>>

> Are you guys calling clipless clips? Get your terms straight!
>
> Matt

well, either, i guess. doesn't really change the argument. i meant clipless.

MattB wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> cc wrote:

>>> You're an idiot. The meaningful comparison is you with clips vs. you
>>> without clips.

>> Wrong. He's not an idiot, he's a lunatic. Do you really think Libby
>> has the money to even try clips?
>>

> Are you guys calling clipless clips? Get your terms straight!
>
> Matt

Clipless.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

cc wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> Wrong. He's not an idiot, he's a lunatic. Do you really think Libby
>>> has the money to even try clips?
>>>

>> Are you guys calling clipless clips? Get your terms straight!
>>
>> Matt

> well, either, i guess. doesn't really change the argument. i meant
> clipless.

Just a pet peeve of mine. I understand when non-cyclists confuse the two
since the names are potentially misleading. We should know better.

It's like when people say "literally" when they mean "figuratively, but
a lot". Or "I could care less" when in fact they mean they _couldn't_
care less.

When I get my pea shooter and head for the clock tower, these will be
the things I'll be ranting about! ;)

Matt

MILO wrote:
> I also like them for crossing logs. You just wheelie the front end
> over, let the sprocket catch, put your front pedal on the log, and
> power through with your back leg. The result is the whole bike lifts
> up off the ground and over the log. This just can't be done on flats.

This just can't be done by YOU on flats. Just because YOU suck, it
doesn't mean everyone else sucks.

> Clips keep you in the pedals for larger jumps as well. Before I had
> them, I would often find myself flying at a diffent rate than the bike
> beneath me, Either it would drop out under me, or I would fly past the
> bike, making a rude landing on the crossbar rather than the seat.

Again, that's because you obviously have very limited bike handling
skills. How do you explain dirt jumper/bmx/dh types who have no
problems whatsoever with airing it out on flat pedals? Just because
YOU need a crutch, it doesn't mean everyone does.

> I would agree what some of you had to say about toe clips, at least for
> urban riding, but on the trail, they don't release when you are
> falling

What an idiotic and uninformed statement. Just because they don't
release when YOU are falling, it doesn't mean that that happens to
everyone, especially those with decent bike handling skills.

I bet you wouldn't pull away from the pack that I run with.

JD

JD wrote:
> MILO wrote:
>> I also like them for crossing logs. You just wheelie the front end
>> over, let the sprocket catch, put your front pedal on the log, and
>> power through with your back leg. The result is the whole bike lifts
>> up off the ground and over the log. This just can't be done on flats.

> This just can't be done by YOU on flats. Just because YOU suck, it
> doesn't mean everyone else sucks.
>
>> Clips keep you in the pedals for larger jumps as well. Before I had
>> them, I would often find myself flying at a diffent rate than the bike
>> beneath me, Either it would drop out under me, or I would fly past the
>> bike, making a rude landing on the crossbar rather than the seat.

> Again, that's because you obviously have very limited bike handling
> skills. How do you explain dirt jumper/bmx/dh types who have no
> problems whatsoever with airing it out on flat pedals? Just because
> YOU need a crutch, it doesn't mean everyone does.
>
>> I would agree what some of you had to say about toe clips, at least for
>> urban riding, but on the trail, they don't release when you are
>> falling

> What an idiotic and uninformed statement. Just because they don't
> release when YOU are falling, it doesn't mean that that happens to
> everyone, especially those with decent bike handling skills.
>
> I bet you wouldn't pull away from the pack that I run with.
>
> JD

I finally get it! You're a
troll !! I apologize for being
so dense.

MattB wrote:
> cc wrote:
>> MattB wrote:

>>> Are you guys calling clipless clips? Get your terms straight!
>>>
>>> Matt

>> well, either, i guess. doesn't really change the argument. i meant
>> clipless.

> Just a pet peeve of mine. I understand when non-cyclists confuse the two
> since the names are potentially misleading. We should know better.
>
> It's like when people say "literally" when they mean "figuratively, but
> a lot". Or "I could care less" when in fact they mean they _couldn't_
> care less.
>
> When I get my pea shooter and head for the clock tower, these will be
> the things I'll be ranting about! ;)

Yeah, I'm like that also. e.g.
with use of I or me,
apostrophes (not