Dallas/Ft Worth area riding

Devon

Guest
Any recommendations for safe/scenic (not necessarily fast) riding in the DFW area .... 20-40 miles?

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:VX9lb.195682$%h1.188732@sccrnsc02...

> "DeVon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Any recommendations for safe/scenic (not necessarily fast) riding in the DFW area .... 20-40
> > miles?
>
> White Rock Lake

I dunno....White Rock has made the evening news again in the last month for crime...specifically,
thieves breaking into cars after the runner/jogger/walker/bike rider has left the parking lot.
Perhaps if you parked a block away from the lake in one of the lovely neighborhoods that border the
the perimeter....

Jay Vision R45

Sounds like you're looking for The Trinity Trail in Fort Worth. Its a good and safe place and its at
least 20 miles long.

You can access it by exiting I30 at University Drive, less than a mile west of downtown.

Also, here is the local club:- http://www.fwbaclub.org/

Maybe they will have a ride scheduled that will suit you.

Lewis.

http://tinyurl.com/r3r6

************************************

"Jay Adair" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:VX9lb.195682$%h1.188732@sccrnsc02...
> >
> > "DeVon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Any recommendations for safe/scenic (not necessarily fast) riding in the DFW area .... 20-40
> > > miles?
> >
> > White Rock Lake
> >

> I dunno....White Rock has made the evening news again in the last month
for
> crime...specifically, thieves breaking into cars after the runner/jogger/walker/bike rider has
> left the parking lot. Perhaps if you parked a block away from the lake in one of the lovely
> neighborhoods that border the the perimeter....
>
> Jay Vision R45

I've not had or seen that problem but I've parked in most areas on the north side as well as the
start of the north trail by 635, perhaps some areas on the south part aren't the greatest but I've
never parked there. It also might depend on when you park and ride more than where.

[email protected] (Lewis Campbell) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Sounds like you're looking for The Trinity Trail in Fort Worth. Its a good and safe place and its
> at least 20 miles long.
>
> You can access it by exiting I30 at University Drive, less than a mile west of downtown.
>
> Also, here is the local club:- http://www.fwbaclub.org/
>
> Maybe they will have a ride scheduled that will suit you.
>
> Lewis.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/r3r6
>
> ************************************
>

> [email protected] (DeVon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Any recommendations for safe/scenic (not necessarily fast) riding in the DFW area .... 20-40
> > miles?

Thanks to all for suggestions. I spent 3 days of very nice riding in the DFW area. Thursday I did
40+ miles on and near the Trinity River Trail. Early afternoon the trail was quiet enough to
maintain 15-16 mph most of the time. A very lovely ride in 90 degrees/sunshine.

Friday we drove to White Rock Lake ... also nice, quiet area inside a large city. Two laps around
the lake then along the White Rock Creek Trail made a total of 35 miles. Again, 90 degrees/sunny and
not too busy in the early PM.

Saturday I did the Twin Lakes Challenge out of Rowlett ... Lake Lavon and Lake Ray Hubbard
provided some nice scenery. Just enough climbing to make it respectable. Once again, mostly sunny
and very pleasant.

Now back to cold/rainy/snowy? IN (today's ride was 44 degrees/cloudy and featured a snapped rear
der. cable).

Thanks again for some GOOD recommendations.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself down here.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

http://www.tinyurl.com/r3r6