rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Dalton Highway Ride, less than a month

Started by captainwelch · · Last activity · 4 posts · 292 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
4 April 2008
Last activity
4 April 2008
Original author
captainwelch
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
292
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bought the last of my gear today and have been killing myself in
    Wyoming training on hills with my pack on.

    Are there any last minute takers that want to join me?

    Also, i made a facebook group :
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11110607950

    join it and support me. I need lots of good wishes.

    ...mike

    --
    captainwelch
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    captainwelch's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16538
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68969

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. I joined up; good luck, and have an absolutely spectacular ride! (I know
    it will be!)

    --
    chuckaeronut

    Uni to work, work to eat, eat to live, live to uni. 🙂
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chuckaeronut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14677
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68969

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Hey Mike

    I was actually thinking about your trip yesterday while it was dumping
    more snow. I really don't think that it is a good idea to do this trip
    solo in May but that is your decision not mine. For safety’s sake
    try to at least get someone to bike with you, It would definitely be
    easier to find a biking partner than a unicycing one.

    If you can't find anyone to go with you I again urge you to reconsider
    the time of year to do your trip. July or August would be much better
    as far as weather is concerned. Here in Saskatchewan we still have snow
    until the end of May, it is much colder further north in Alaska.

    I still think it is an awesome trip and that you should do it, just not
    alone in May.

    Good luck whatever you decide, and post right before you leave and when
    you get back!

    ERIC

    --
    saskatchewanian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68969

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. You rock man!! This would be a dream ride of mine and would love to
    join you but like Eric, I must work. Sounds like a good idea to find a
    biker to come along for safety's sake. My Dad and I did an unsupported
    ride across Nevada where we would sometimes be without civilization for
    90 or more miles. Several times even with two people it got scary
    after running out of water and feeling dizzy. We ended up having to
    get a pickup to drive us to the summit. If the highway lacks cars
    during certain hours it would at least be nice to have a friend in case
    something went wrong.

    Good luck on an experience that is sure to be one of the coolest
    accomplishments to date on one wheel.

    --
    lpounds

    Levi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lpounds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15958
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68969

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.