Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Damaged Aluminum w/carbon frame question

Started by Andrepaul · · Last activity · 2 posts · 965 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
16 September 2004
Last activity
16 September 2004
Original author
Andrepaul
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
965
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The other day I was on a ride and I was knocked off my bike by an attack German Sheperd. Needless to say, my brand new 2004 Bianchi Giro (Aluminum frame with carbon fiber front/rear forks) was damaged. One of the rear carbon forks was scuffed..from what I can see, the scuff went through the paint and slightly gouged the carbon (no cracks in sight). I'm wondering if this damage is enough to warrant a complete frame replacement due to the fact that the damage might be a stress riser thus allowing the frame to fail during a hard ride. I haven't had my local shop give me an estimate for repairs yet and I thought I'd get your opinions. I want to be better educated with this situation before I present the owner of the dog/insurance company with the repair estimate.
    Thanks

    A-
    Livermore, CA USA

  2. Andrepaul said:

    The other day I was on a ride and I was knocked off my bike by an attack German Sheperd. Needless to say, my brand new 2004 Bianchi Giro (Aluminum frame with carbon fiber front/rear forks) was damaged. One of the rear carbon forks was scuffed..from what I can see, the scuff went through the paint and slightly gouged the carbon (no cracks in sight). I'm wondering if this damage is enough to warrant a complete frame replacement due to the fact that the damage might be a stress riser thus allowing the frame to fail during a hard ride. I haven't had my local shop give me an estimate for repairs yet and I thought I'd get your opinions. I want to be better educated with this situation before I present the owner of the dog/insurance company with the repair estimate.
    Thanks

    A-
    Livermore, CA USA

    Anything from here would just be an unfounded opinion. AKA worthless.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.