Damaged Aluminum w/carbon frame question

Andrepaul

Sep 15, 2004
The other day I was on a ride and I was knocked off my bike by an attack German Sheperd. Needless to say, my brand new 2004 Bianchi Giro (Aluminum frame with carbon fiber front/rear forks) was damaged. One of the rear carbon forks was scuffed..from what I can see, the scuff went through the paint and slightly gouged the carbon (no cracks in sight). I'm wondering if this damage is enough to warrant a complete frame replacement due to the fact that the damage might be a stress riser thus allowing the frame to fail during a hard ride. I haven't had my local shop give me an estimate for repairs yet and I thought I'd get your opinions. I want to be better educated with this situation before I present the owner of the dog/insurance company with the repair estimate.
Thanks

A-
Livermore, CA USA

Andrepaul said:
The other day I was on a ride and I was knocked off my bike by an attack German Sheperd. Needless to say, my brand new 2004 Bianchi Giro (Aluminum frame with carbon fiber front/rear forks) was damaged. One of the rear carbon forks was scuffed..from what I can see, the scuff went through the paint and slightly gouged the carbon (no cracks in sight). I'm wondering if this damage is enough to warrant a complete frame replacement due to the fact that the damage might be a stress riser thus allowing the frame to fail during a hard ride. I haven't had my local shop give me an estimate for repairs yet and I thought I'd get your opinions. I want to be better educated with this situation before I present the owner of the dog/insurance company with the repair estimate.
Thanks

A-
Livermore, CA USA
Anything from here would just be an unfounded opinion. AKA worthless.