Dammit Brian

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steve G., Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Steve G.

    Steve G. Guest

    I now believe you Brian. After reading the Fox article,
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18326785-23218,00.html
    on Lance I cannot give him the benefit of doubt. He was a doper.

    First Tyler and now Lance. What comes of it ?

    Was there a medical reason for him to use something ? Did the doctors turn
    him into a modern day 6 million dollar man ?

    Tags:

  2. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

  3. amit

    amit Guest

    Steve G. wrote:
    > I now believe you Brian. After reading the Fox article,
    > http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18326785-23218,00.html
    > on Lance I cannot give him the benefit of doubt. He was a doper.

    i agree, we should've all have the intelligence that lafferty has to
    see that vayer calculations and blue cooler stories all add up to one
    thing.

  4. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    amit wrote:
    > i agree, we should've all have the intelligence that lafferty has to
    > see that vayer calculations and blue cooler stories all add up to one
    > thing.

    Aliens !

  5. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

  6. steve

    steve Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "Steve G." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >I now believe you Brian. After reading the Fox article,
    > > http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18326785-23218,00.html
    > > on Lance I cannot give him the benefit of doubt. He was a doper.
    > >
    > > First Tyler and now Lance. What comes of it ?
    > >
    > > Was there a medical reason for him to use something ? Did the doctors turn
    > > him into a modern day 6 million dollar man ?

    > I was never about the bike.

    Is it not about the needle.

  7. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Is it not about the needle.

    This thread is getting worn out.

  8. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Steve G. wrote:
    > I now believe you Brian. After reading the Fox article,
    > http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18326785-23218,00.html
    > on Lance I cannot give him the benefit of doubt. He was a doper.
    >
    > First Tyler and now Lance. What comes of it ?
    >
    > Was there a medical reason for him to use something ? Did the doctors turn
    > him into a modern day 6 million dollar man ?

    There were other Americans staying where we were before the
    Alpe d'Huez stage in 2001, the one with 'The Look'. One of
    them was a CTS customer and a huge, huge fan of LANCE.

    I remember expressing the opinion that the chances of a rider
    that was working with a guy that had become a millionaire
    designing doping programs for cyclists being clean seemed
    kind of remote.

    I will never forget the look on that guy's face when I said
    that.

    Bob Schwartz

  9. routebeer

    routebeer Guest

  10. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    routebeer wrote:
    > The White House should hire Brian as a spin artist.

    He might even be able to wiretap HIM if HE makes any calls to Italy.

  11. Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:

    > routebeer wrote:
    > > The White House should hire Brian as a spin artist.

    > He might even be able to wiretap HIM if HE makes any calls to Italy.

    Who you really need is Charlie Brown

    He'd set things to rights PDQ

    http://www.kontraband.com/show/show...=movies&NSFW=4&page=1&genre=0&rating=nsfw_sfw

    --
    Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett
    Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres

  12. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]ie says...

    >I now believe you Brian. After reading the Fox article,
    >http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18326785-23218,00.html
    >on Lance I cannot give him the benefit of doubt. He was a doper.
    >
    >First Tyler and now Lance. What comes of it ?
    >
    >Was there a medical reason for him to use something ? Did the doctors turn
    >him into a modern day 6 million dollar man ?

    I think the following paragraph says it all:

    "The procedure used for these samples was one used for research purposes and
    didn't follow the protocol for samples tested for possible disciplinary
    proceedings."

    I'm really surprised Lance hasn't sued anyone yet.
    -----------------
    Alex

  13. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...

    >The White House should hire Brian as a spin artist.

    Please. The white house has true pros. Brian just does this in his spare
    time. :)
    ----------------
    Alex

  14. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Steve G. wrote:
    >>> I now believe you Brian. After reading the Fox article,
    >>> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18326785-23218,00.html
    >>> on Lance I cannot give him the benefit of doubt. He was a doper.

    > amit wrote:
    >> i agree, we should've all have the intelligence that lafferty has to
    >> see that vayer calculations and blue cooler stories all add up to one
    >> thing.

    > Aliens !

    Not just aliens but physically identical but superior beings.

  15. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]ie
    > says...
    > I'm really surprised Lance hasn't sued anyone yet.

    Lance is a multimillionaire who has better things to do with his time. Do
    you think of a minute that he'd bother to even laugh at Brian Lafferty? That
    would be giving him more credit than he's worth.

    If it came down to the UCI trying to remove one of his records now, you'd
    see the UCI becoming a vastly reduced engine of finance.

  16. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Alex Rodriguez wrote:

    > I think the following paragraph says it all:
    >
    > "The procedure used for these samples was one used for research purposes and
    > didn't follow the protocol for samples tested for possible disciplinary
    > proceedings."

    Which basically means that witnesses were not present during the
    unsealing of the sample. The final result is still scientifically valid
    and correct.

    > I'm really surprised Lance hasn't sued anyone yet.

    I'm not. If there will be no sanction there will be no leg for him to
    stand on. If he forces the scientists to reveal their methods it will
    open the door to other scientists weighing in with their support. And it
    will take away the opportunity for the rbr pseudo-scientific monkeys to
    disregard the evidence based on poor science.

  17. In article <[email protected]>,
    Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Alex Rodriguez wrote:
    > >
    > > I think the following paragraph says it all:
    > >
    > > "The procedure used for these samples was one used for research purposes and
    > > didn't follow the protocol for samples tested for possible disciplinary
    > > proceedings."
    > >

    > Which basically means that witnesses were not present during the
    > unsealing of the sample. The final result is still scientifically valid
    > and correct.

    For certain values of valid and correct. The laboratory
    procedure was carried out once. Not reproduced elsewhere.
    Not reproduced on clean and spiked samples that were
    stored five years. No journal article. No peer review.

    > > I'm really surprised Lance hasn't sued anyone yet.
    > >

    > I'm not. If there will be no sanction there will be no leg for him to
    > stand on. If he forces the scientists to reveal their methods it will
    > open the door to other scientists weighing in with their support. And it
    > will take away the opportunity for the rbr pseudo-scientific monkeys to
    > disregard the evidence based on poor science.

    --
    Michael Press

  18. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Alex Rodriguez wrote:
    >>
    >> I think the following paragraph says it all:
    >>
    >> "The procedure used for these samples was one used for research
    >> purposes and didn't follow the protocol for samples tested for
    >> possible disciplinary proceedings."
    >>

    > Which basically means that witnesses were not present during the
    > unsealing of the sample. The final result is still scientifically
    > valid and correct.

    Your perception of it maybe.

    Phil H

  19. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Phil Holman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Alex Rodriguez wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I think the following paragraph says it all:
    >>>
    >>> "The procedure used for these samples was one used for research purposes
    >>> and didn't follow the protocol for samples tested for possible
    >>> disciplinary proceedings."
    >>>

    >> Which basically means that witnesses were not present during the
    >> unsealing of the sample. The final result is still scientifically valid
    >> and correct.

    > Your perception of it maybe.

    You know - valid and correct in the Kveck sort of way - where no procedures
    are followed but we're all supposed to believe that they REALLY REALLY knew
    what they were doing.

    And that' completely without the latest knowledge that someone can show up
    positive simply with other proteins in their urine. Kveck will argue that
    someone that is just a year out of chemotherapy and radiation treatments has
    fully functional kidneys.

  20. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest