Damn Cycling

Xsmoker

Apr 25, 2003
It gets in the way of everything. As winter nears here in the northeast US I realize all the jobs around the house I put off all summer. Now I'm scrambling to get caught up before the snow flies. What's not getting done around your house because all you do is ride?

digger.gif

Winter is the perfect time to get that **** done. The summer, spring and fall are the times for being active :)

We've had a great summer here in the UK. Got more biking done this year than I have in the last 3! On the other hand, I didn't move the gate, sort out the wardrobes, lay a path to the end of the garden or finish digging the fish pond!

On the other hand, I did hack down the side of a slate slagtip at Llanberis in North Wales at 30 MPH and nearly bought it. But, on the balance, Id have the **** tip anyday. Weathers changing now and autumn cometh. My little nest of Vipers is on the case and i'll be lucky to keep the riding up at the same level between now and Christmas. Still with this global warmin going on, we inj for a lot of hots summers here in the UK, so next years looking good. All I've got to do now is start getting younger not older or find the Doc's Tardis!

Xsmoker said:
It gets in the way of everything. As winter nears here in the northeast US I realize all the jobs around the house I put off all summer. Now I'm scrambling to get caught up before the snow flies. What's not getting done around your house because all you do is ride?

What's not getting done is a load of what pays the bills. I'm a freelance journalist with a load of deadlines piling up, but the weather here isn Normandy has been great this week after a couple of weeks of ****, so instead of sitting and working, I keep allowing myself to get tempted out riding. I've got a sort of excuse - got my first crit in 23 years in ten days time, the final big meeting at Eastway circuit in London (that's in England, for those of you in the US :) ), which is about to be bulldozed to make way for part of the Olympic village.
Of course, I also indulge in other time-wasting displacement activities like answering threads on this forum when I should be working... :)

I swim and run also, so that means that absolutely nothing gets done! Also I live in Florida so there is no hope of anything getting done. lol
I find it a srruggle just to clean my dirty dishes every week.

I actually got a lot done this summer, and still managed to ride more than ever. Did 2 great bicycle tours! I repaired my cedar shake roof. It took me all day on a hot summer day, but it saved me $2500. That's what the roofing company wanted for this job!

I took August off, from biking and put a roof on the house.

I am thinking of getting rid of all the junk that keeps me from cycling, just that I been married to her for 29 years and theres all that paperwork to go through, :confused:

Ny Cykel said:
I took August off, from biking and put a roof on the house.

I am thinking of getting rid of all the junk that keeps me from cycling, just that I been married to her for 29 years and theres all that paperwork to go through, :confused:
Hang in there NyCykel. Those kind of life-changing moves will not give you more cycling time.