Damn mosquitoes

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:38:41 -0400, Micheal Artindale wrote:

>> I only have problems with mossies when I stop. Therefore, don't stop.
>>

> Some places here that is impossible.

You what?

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:53:25 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:54:37 -0400, Micheal Artindale wrote:
> .
> .> so, what should i do to fend off these mosquitoes?
> .
> .I only have problems with mossies when I stop. Therefore, don't stop.
>
> Better yet, don't START!

I'm sorry but did we ask for your 2 cents mikey? Go back to your normal
trolling please.

Jason

learned from playing in the mosquitoe infested swamps of the canadian
shield... wear light clothing, lycra a no-no, get baggies. nothing works as
well as deet (+20%), spray some on your hands and rub on the back of your
neck ears etc, spray clothing (lasts longer that way)...

mr chris
http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

"Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Around where I bike, the mosquitoes are still out in full fury. For some
> reason they like my blood.
>
> I was going to spray bug repellent on me, but ive heard it would eat

nylon,

mr chris wrote:
> learned from playing in the mosquitoe infested swamps of the canadian
> shield... wear light clothing, lycra a no-no, get baggies. nothing
> works as well as deet (+20%), spray some on your hands and rub on the
> back of your neck ears etc, spray clothing (lasts longer that way)...

Don't forget the thong.

Bill "beats bites on bits" S.

S o r n i wrote:
> mr chris wrote:
>> learned from playing in the mosquitoe infested swamps of the canadian
>> shield... wear light clothing, lycra a no-no, get baggies. nothing
>> works as well as deet (+20%), spray some on your hands and rub on the
>> back of your neck ears etc, spray clothing (lasts longer that way)...

> Don't forget the thong.
>
> Bill "beats bites on bits" S.

Lycra and baggies are both made out of nylon.

Penny S

polyester baggies actually, quite tough... (thongs are made out of fur)

news:[email protected]...

Gwood wrote:
> In 6 years biking here in Oregon, I've gotten maybe two dozen
> mosquitoe bites.

Wow.
Here in the arid high desert and high alpine areas of Western Colorado I've
had that many on one arm on several occasions.

Mosquitoes here have a pretty short season, but flood irrigation for hay
(ranching) really helps them reproduce. For their short lives they are
particularly aggressive and high in numbers in some areas. It's pretty rough
if you have to hike-a-bike or do a trail repair in such an area, no matter
how much repellant you have on. Bastards!

Matt (they go for the backs of the knees and elbows when I'm riding)

Yes it will eat nylon sometimes... What are you trying to protect? That make
natural alternatives (Burt's Bees has one) and/or you could buy citronella
oil and mix it with your favorite lotion.