Damn...

> ...in the last 24 hours just one non-troll post?

It may come back.

You have to admit the group lost its way there for a bit. It takes a
different sort of person to enjoy taunting the short bus riders and I am not
one of them and don't enjoy those that do.

I just keep 'blocking sender' on the junk threads and don't think I've
missed a thing.

A couple topics on my mind:

goatheads.

single speed set up: I have a soulcraft convert now and it works great.
Would like a steel frame and this has me wondering if I would pick anything
up with horizontal drop outs. Wheel changes would be a hassle and I hear a
lot of complaints about slippage. Maybe just a verticle drop out steel
frame for easier wheel changes and frame versatility?

TM wrote:
>> ...in the last 24 hours just one non-troll post?
>>

> It may come back.
>
> You have to admit the group lost its way there for a bit. It takes a
> different sort of person to enjoy taunting the short bus riders and I am not
> one of them and don't enjoy those that do.
>
> I just keep 'blocking sender' on the junk threads and don't think I've
> missed a thing.
>
> A couple topics on my mind:
>
> goatheads.
>
> single speed set up: I have a soulcraft convert now and it works great.
> Would like a steel frame and this has me wondering if I would pick anything
> up with horizontal drop outs. Wheel changes would be a hassle and I hear a
> lot of complaints about slippage. Maybe just a verticle drop out steel
> frame for easier wheel changes and frame versatility?

I'm a big fan of horizontal drops for a SS. I have a Surly 1x1 and have
had it slip on me once when I changed a flat with a hex wrench on a
multitool that was only about two inches long (not enough leverage).
Since I've gotten a decent allen wrench for my pack I have had zero
problems. Paul Word hubs with brass washers probably help the grip too.

Matt

> I'm a big fan of horizontal drops for a SS. I have a Surly 1x1 and have
> had it slip on me once when I changed a flat with a hex wrench on a
> multitool that was only about two inches long (not enough leverage). Since
> I've gotten a decent allen wrench for my pack I have had zero problems.
> Paul Word hubs with brass washers probably help the grip too.
>
> Matt

Good to know Matt. Thanks.