Damned heavy things, bikes.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by James Hodson, May 24, 2003.

  1. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    Hi all

    I'm firmly into insomniac mode at present and last night (at about 4am) I was watching a two hour
    programme on the Discovery Channel about chariot racing.

    The commentator said something which certainly made me laugh out loud. He, (or was it a she - can't
    recall), said that the racing chariots - as opposed to the more sturdy practice chariots - weighed
    in at about 56 pounds, "that's about the weight of a bicycle," I was informed.

    Well, neither of my bikes are are particularly lightweight, but each most certainly weighs less than
    two stones.

    James

  2. "James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm firmly into insomniac mode at present and last night (at about 4am) I was watching a two hour
    > programme on the Discovery Channel about chariot racing.
    >
    > The commentator said something which certainly made me laugh out loud. He, (or was it a she -
    > can't recall), said that the racing chariots - as opposed to the more sturdy practice chariots -
    > weighed in at about 56 pounds, "that's about the weight of a bicycle," I was informed.

    Someone must have told him that bikes can carry ten times their own weight.