Damned heavy things, bikes.

Status

James Hodson

Guest
Hi all

I'm firmly into insomniac mode at present and last night (at about 4am) I was watching a two hour
programme on the Discovery Channel about chariot racing.

The commentator said something which certainly made me laugh out loud. He, (or was it a she - can't
recall), said that the racing chariots - as opposed to the more sturdy practice chariots - weighed
in at about 56 pounds, "that's about the weight of a bicycle," I was informed.

Well, neither of my bikes are are particularly lightweight, but each most certainly weighs less than
two stones.

James

The Knight Who

Guest
"James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all
>
> I'm firmly into insomniac mode at present and last night (at about 4am) I was watching a two hour
> programme on the Discovery Channel about chariot racing.
>
> The commentator said something which certainly made me laugh out loud. He, (or was it a she -
> can't recall), said that the racing chariots - as opposed to the more sturdy practice chariots -
> weighed in at about 56 pounds, "that's about the weight of a bicycle," I was informed.

Someone must have told him that bikes can carry ten times their own weight.

> Well, neither of my bikes are are particularly lightweight, but each most certainly weighs less
> than two stones.
>
> James
>
> --
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg