Damned loose crank arm.....

Well, the sucker stayed stuck on, but the crank arm has moved a little too far in, meaning in the
granny ring, the chain rubs on the super skinny (2.6) Nokian tyre - looks like a good shimming
session is in short order shortly.

My Cranks are gold anodised, BTW.

Shaun aRe - Hooray for beer cans.

Lone Wolf what crankset you getting for that hundred?

Fire up MTB 03

Maybe I'm right or maybe I'm wrong. Never had a loose crankset yet.

Fire up MTB 03

Well you trashed the crank or the BB. Stop while your ahead.

Fire up MTB 03

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well you trashed the crank or the BB. Stop while your ahead.

I know exactly what has happened - the taper inside the crank arm has rounded a little, when I
re-tightened it, the taper of the crank moved further up the taper of the BB spindle. Removing the
crank, cleaning any unevenness from the crank taper, inserting thin alu shims made for beer can,
re-fitting and tightening up well will solve the problem, and get the chain line back where I want
it. The BB spindle will be un-touched.

Shaun aRe - done it before and those cranks are still going strong.

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Well you trashed the crank or the BB. Stop while your ahead.
>
> I know exactly what has happened - the taper inside the crank arm has rounded a little, when I
> re-tightened it, the taper of the crank moved further up the taper of the BB spindle. Removing the
> crank, cleaning any unevenness from the crank taper, inserting thin alu shims made for beer
can,
> re-fitting and tightening up well will solve the problem, and get the
chain
> line back where I want it. The BB spindle will be un-touched.
>

> Shaun aRe - done it before and those cranks are still going strong.

The only problem I see with that is having to drink a beer out of a can...yeeeech!

Mike

Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> The only problem I see with that is having to drink a beer out of a can...yeeeech!

'Ceptin' some of our canned beer is better than most of your draught beer ',;~P```````

Besides, I 'can' pour it into a glass first ',;~}

Shaun aRe - Me smart like monkey!