dang hikers!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by Mike Jacoubowsk, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Was out mountain bike riding at Skegg's/El Corte Madera today, and noticed a group of hikers (maybe
    8) taking a shortcut that was fenced and posted as not allowed (off El Corte Madera Creek Trail).

    I think all hikers should be banned from parks if they're so arrogant that they think they can just
    trample through restricted areas like that.

    On the positive side, we came across maybe three smaller groups or couples of hikers that appeared
    to stay on the trails, but still... it's clear that they simply can't be trusted and should be
    treated together as one large group of ne'er-do-wells.

  2. Raoul Duke

    Raoul Duke Guest

    news:QxN6b.10677$%[email protected]...

    > Was out mountain bike riding at Skegg's/El Corte Madera today, and noticed
    > group of hikers (maybe 8) taking a shortcut that was fenced and posted as not allowed (off El
    > Corte Madera Creek Trail).
    >
    > I think all hikers should be banned from parks if they're so arrogant that they think they can
    > just trample through restricted areas like that.
    >
    > On the positive side, we came across maybe three smaller groups or couples of hikers that appeared
    > to stay on the trails, but still... it's clear
    that
    > they simply can't be trusted and should be treated together as one large group of ne'er-do-wells.

    Duh!

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  3. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <QxN6b.10677$%[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Was out mountain bike riding at Skegg's/El Corte Madera today, and noticed a group of hikers
    > (maybe 8) taking a shortcut that was fenced and posted as not allowed (off El Corte Madera
    > Creek Trail).
    >
    > I think all hikers should be banned from parks if they're so arrogant that they think they can
    > just trample through restricted areas like that.
    >
    > On the positive side, we came across maybe three smaller groups or couples of hikers that appeared
    > to stay on the trails, but still... it's clear that they simply can't be trusted and should be
    > treated together as one large group of ne'er-do-wells.

    Michael!

    When did you change your name to Vanderm...?

    HAND - Ride Safe!

  4. Sarah

    Sarah Guest

    not to mention all their stomping around disturbing the earthworms!!!