Dang Scarey Turkeys

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Nov 23, 2005.

  1. On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    What a moron !!!
     
    Tags:


  2. [email protected] shared his deepest thoughts:

    > On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    > He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    > What a moron !!!


    You posted this yesterday.
    What a moron!!

    Bob
     
  3. Bob Terwilliger wrote:
    > [email protected] shared his deepest thoughts:
    >
    > > On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    > > He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    > > What a moron !!!

    >
    > You posted this yesterday.
    > What a moron!!
    >
    > Bob


    <*snort*>
     
  4. On 23 Nov 2005 18:33:07 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote:

    >[email protected] shared his deepest thoughts:
    >
    >> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    >> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    >> What a moron !!!

    >
    >You posted this yesterday.
    >What a moron!!
    >
    >Bob
    >


    Thats weird, it never showed up on this end...
    Every once and awhile that happens so I resend.
    The net is screwy !!!
     
  5. pennyaline

    pennyaline Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    > He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    > What a moron !!!


    So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
    breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
    great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people are, or
    would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that make him or
    anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?

    <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around live
    turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>
     
  6. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "pennyaline" <[email protected]> wrote (of Bush)

    > So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
    > breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
    > great flapping wings. So what?


    So he's smashed all his mirrors at home then.







    Shaun aRe
     
  7. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    pennyaline wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    >> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    >> What a moron !!!

    >
    > So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
    > breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
    > great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people are, or
    > would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that make him or
    > anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?
    >
    > <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around live
    > turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>


    Exactly... I plan to roast a goose if I can find one for New Year's day.
    BUT, ever been around a pissed off live goose? I don't recommend it.

    Jill
     
  8. pennyaline

    pennyaline Guest

    jmcquown wrote:
    > pennyaline wrote:
    >> [email protected] wrote:
    >>> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    >>> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    >>> What a moron !!!

    >> So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
    >> breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
    >> great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people are, or
    >> would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that make him or
    >> anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?
    >>
    >> <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around live
    >> turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>

    >
    > Exactly... I plan to roast a goose if I can find one for New Year's day.
    > BUT, ever been around a pissed off live goose? I don't recommend it.


    I have been around live geese. At least geese are nice to look at, a
    category in which turkeys will never qualify. But geese take the prize
    when it comes to territorial defense, too!

    <as subscribers to the axiom that the best defense is a good offense>
     
  9. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    pennyaline wrote:
    > jmcquown wrote:
    >> pennyaline wrote:
    >>> [email protected] wrote:
    >>>> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
    >>>> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
    >>>> What a moron !!!
    >>> So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
    >>> breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin
    >>> and great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people
    >>> are, or would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that
    >>> make him or anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?
    >>>
    >>> <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around
    >>> live turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>

    >>
    >> Exactly... I plan to roast a goose if I can find one for New Year's
    >> day. BUT, ever been around a pissed off live goose? I don't
    >> recommend it.

    >
    > I have been around live geese. At least geese are nice to look at, a
    > category in which turkeys will never qualify. But geese take the prize
    > when it comes to territorial defense, too!
    >
    > <as subscribers to the axiom that the best defense is a good offense>


    When I lived in Bangkok they used live geese, not dogs, as defense (and
    alarms) in the lumberyard across the street from our house. Burglars didn't
    dare enter their territory.

    Jill
     
Loading...