Dang Scarey Turkeys

[email protected] shared his deepest thoughts:

> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
> What a moron !!!

You posted this yesterday.
What a moron!!

Bob

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> [email protected] shared his deepest thoughts:
>
> > On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
> > He looked like he was scared to death of it....
> > What a moron !!!

> You posted this yesterday.
> What a moron!!
>
> Bob

<*snort*>

On 23 Nov 2005 18:33:07 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
<virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

>[email protected] shared his deepest thoughts:
>
>> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
>> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
>> What a moron !!!

>You posted this yesterday.
>What a moron!!
>
>Bob

Thats weird, it never showed up on this end...
Every once and awhile that happens so I resend.
The net is screwy !!!

[email protected] wrote:
> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
> What a moron !!!

So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people are, or
would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that make him or
anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?

<Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around live
turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>

"pennyaline" <[email protected]> wrote (of Bush)

> So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
> breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
> great flapping wings. So what?

So he's smashed all his mirrors at home then.

Shaun aRe

pennyaline wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
>> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
>> What a moron !!!

> So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
> breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
> great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people are, or
> would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that make him or
> anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?
>
> <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around live
> turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>

Exactly... I plan to roast a goose if I can find one for New Year's day.
BUT, ever been around a ****** off live goose? I don't recommend it.

Jill

jmcquown wrote:
> pennyaline wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> On the news tonite they had Bush do the yearly "turkey pardon".
>>> He looked like he was scared to death of it....
>>> What a moron !!!

>> So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
>> breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin and
>> great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people are, or
>> would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that make him or
>> anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?
>>
>> <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around live
>> turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>

> Exactly... I plan to roast a goose if I can find one for New Year's day.
> BUT, ever been around a ****** off live goose? I don't recommend it.

I have been around live geese. At least geese are nice to look at, a
category in which turkeys will never qualify. But geese take the prize
when it comes to territorial defense, too!

<as subscribers to the axiom that the best defense is a good offense>

pennyaline wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> pennyaline wrote:
>>> So he's uncomfortable being up close and personal with a huge living
>>> breathing pig-ugly noisy highly territorial bird with hanging skin
>>> and great flapping wings. So what? I imagine that lots of people
>>> are, or would be if presented with the opportunity. How does that
>>> make him or anyone else who shows the same reluctance a moron?
>>>
>>> <Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Dubbya. But I have been around
>>> live turkeys -- they don't work and play well with others!>

>> Exactly... I plan to roast a goose if I can find one for New Year's
>> day. BUT, ever been around a ****** off live goose? I don't
>> recommend it.

> I have been around live geese. At least geese are nice to look at, a
> category in which turkeys will never qualify. But geese take the prize
> when it comes to territorial defense, too!
>
> <as subscribers to the axiom that the best defense is a good offense>

When I lived in Bangkok they used live geese, not dogs, as defense (and
alarms) in the lumberyard across the street from our house. Burglars didn't
dare enter their territory.

Jill