Danger mail order scam

Froze

Jul 13, 2004
NE Indiana
There is an Asian mail order bicycle scam going on that you all need to be aware of. Do not buy any thing or any bike from Sardati.com The rule thumb should always be, if it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't true, and this outfit is an example of that. I ran into the place by accident when a this web site popped up, so I went there and saw a bunch of ads for cheap priced bikes including a Colnago Mapei EPS for sale for $455!! And I thought wait that's ridiculous, this bike sells for $13,000, so I e-mailed them, and I e-mailed a company called R & A who Sardati claimed they get their bikes from, what follows is the return e-mail from R & A: Froze We have a lot of Asia site coping our site – bike for bike – actually they have stolen our pictures and trying to sell something they do not have. It’s a scam! As, we are the only dealer in the world with Mapei EPS frames, each one is spoken for – meaning we have control of the sale of these frames Phil 718-636-5242 www.racycles.com From: froze Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:05 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Colnago EPS Mapei How is it that Sardati.com has the Colnago EPS Mapei for $455 and claim they get the bike from your company but you retail it for $13,000? How is this possible? or is this a scam from Sardati? Thanks for your reply; Froze By the way, I'm going to post this exact post on other forums.