General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Danger of decaf coffee

Started by Martin Lynch · · Last activity · 4 posts · 779 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 December 2003
Last activity
10 December 2003
Original author
Martin Lynch
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
779
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I remember hearing that certain decaffeinated coffee's were bad for you because of something they
    did to it during the so called "natural" decaffeination process.

    Which brands use this dangerous process, and which brands do not?

    Thanks

  2. [email hidden] (Martin Lynch) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I remember hearing that certain decaffeinated coffee's were bad for you because of something they
    did to it during the so called "natural" decaffeination process.

    Which brands use this dangerous process, and which brands do not?

    Thanks

    I think that in the past, the decaff process involved some toxic solvent to remove caffeine. They
    (all brand ?) now use superfluid CO2, which is not toxic. Thus, no problems.

  3. "rhodan_gpost" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Martin Lynch) wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I remember hearing that certain decaffeinated coffee's were bad for you because of something
    they did to it during the so called "natural" decaffeination process.

    Which brands use this dangerous process, and which brands do not?

    Thanks

    I think that in the past, the decaff process involved some toxic solvent to remove caffeine. They
    (all brand ?) now use superfluid CO2, which is not toxic. Thus, no problems.

    No coffee is a health food. I will say the old line de-caf likely wasn't much of a health risk for
    the consumer as the solvent chloroform has very low boiling point. I'll grant there is a risk in at
    least theory but it is minamal. The newer decafs are certainly safer for the workers making the
    stuff and the environment.

  4. [email hidden] (rhodan_gpost) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Martin Lynch) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I remember hearing that certain decaffeinated coffee's were bad for you because of something
    they did to it during the so called "natural" decaffeination process.

    Which brands use this dangerous process, and which brands do not?

    Thanks

    I think that in the past, the decaff process involved some toxic solvent to remove caffeine. They
    (all brand ?) now use superfluid CO2, which is not toxic. Thus, no problems.

    When I quit taking any caffienated drinks since age 21 because I had to (sleeping problem; I used
    to drink tea - British style - in the morning and in the afternoon), I decided why bother
    drinking decaf. I was beginning to like coffee better around the time I quit tea. That was before
    I came to US.

    When I heard about the toxin things in decaf, I was happy that I didn't start the habit of
    drinking decaf.

    It's been about 6 months that I started desiring to drink decaf coffee in breakfast (I really liked
    the falvor) realy want to drink coffee in the morning.

    So, am I absolutely safe, I mean no unknown toxic in decaf products, if I drink decaf nowadays?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.