Dangerous Paths

Aeek

Guest
Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
The hazards of paths.

On Apr 22, 10:52 pm, Aeek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
> I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
> The hazards of paths.

ouch...

with all the rain we've been getting in Siderney lately, the roads and
paths are strewn with all sorts of ****. The usual sticks, branches,
rocks washed from the verge etc.. and now the (fantastically built)
roads are really breaking up, there's chunks of tar scattered near
every new pothole.

Was rather soggy this morning.

Aeek wrote:
> Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
> I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
> The hazards of paths.

Similar situation on Adelaide Ave Aeek. It's been shiteful lately and
there's always been an area next to Hughes heading south (I suppose it's
Yarra Glen actually) where there's little lumps of wood every month or
so. It's like someone has been parking a mulcher there late at night and
mulching trees, leaving large splinters of wood all over the road
(primarily in the bike lane). Not usually a big problem as I can swerve
around them, but now it's getting dark early I hit one the night before
and again last night, resulting in a pinch cut and a very unhappy
cyclist changing a tube in the dark! Do you know the spot I'm talking
about Aeek?

Duncan wrote:
> with all the rain we've been getting in Siderney lately, the roads and
> paths are strewn with all sorts of ****. The usual sticks, branches,
> rocks washed from the verge etc.. and now the (fantastically built)
> roads are really breaking up, there's chunks of tar scattered near
> every new pothole.
>
> Was rather soggy this morning.

We haven't had that kind of problem in Canberra for a while!

BTH