danggggggggg

motorex259

Sep 21, 2006
yesterday, i was @ downtown san jose, and i saw 5 $6000, 250 $200-900 bikes that ppl use to commute....
i think people use bikes to avoid traffic......

its just san jose..... how about other cities? do they have more commuters than this?

my commutes are done on the one bike i can afford -- although that has been going steadily up over the last few years.

currently, my bike is about $1800. i bought it for:
1. size (i'm big) and sturdiness
2. travel (it's a mtb, i need the suss for my back, plus i ride trails)
3. durability (better frame will last longer than el cheapo)

since i've built <$200 bikes for 7 years now, i know how well they don't work, especially for someone like me.

motorex259 said:
yesterday, i was @ downtown san jose, and i saw 5 $6000, 250 $200-900 bikes that ppl use to commute....
i think people use bikes to avoid traffic......

its just san jose..... how about other cities? do they have more commuters than this?
I LIVE IN LONDON AND RIDE MY £3000 BIKE TO COMUTE AND RIDE TO CLIENT MEETINGS AS IT IS THE FASTEST MEANS OF GETTING FORM A-B WITHOUT RELYING ON OUT PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM, SINCE THE CITY OF LONDON HAS ALSO INTRODUCED A CONGESTION CHARGE FOR MOST OF LONDON I HAVE SEEN A 3 FOLD INCREASE IN PEOPLE CYCLEING TO AND FROM WORK , I SEE PEOPLE WITH EVER CONCEIVABLE PRICE IN BIKE , FROM £10 BANGERS TO £5000 FULL SUSSERS.

JUST SEEMS TO BE ITS THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL ROUND A CITY WITH EASE AND UNDER YOUR OWN STEAM.