Daniel Larusso's Bike?

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004

I may be right or I may be wrong but this should be (according to those in the know) Daniel Larusso's bike in the original Karate Kid movie. A Mongoose apparently. Of course, I'm open to correction.
If correct how much do these bikes sell for now. Presumably retro as Karate Kid was made in the eighties.
The said bike got thrown down a bank when the Kobra Kai bikers rode past on scramblers but was repaired by the maintenance man (Pat Morita).

I'm not sure how much one of these would go for these days and despite having seen that flik multiple times (the first two in the theater), I would not be able to ID Daniel's bike.

Ironically, in Breaking Away I was able to immediately pin out the scenes when they were using a double for the Masi - the sidepulls pulled up on the "wrong" side, or not the Campy side, and the truck drafting scene panned into a closeup... of him doing 55mph in the small chainring!

It is possible on a subconcious level that bikes that aren't road bikes are invisible to me./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif