Danilo Di Luca & David Rebellin

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Flyer, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Flyer

Flyer Banned

These two have much in common.

In 2004 it was Rebellin who did the unthinkable with his 10 day run of super classic victories.

In 2005 in seems to be Di Luca who is boss.

Amazinely both of these Italian characters have doping problems recorded on audio tape.

The 2004 TDF organizers 'uninvited' Danilo Di Luca from participating due to the audio tape telephone call leaked by Italian Police to the media. On the tape Di Luca could be heard talking with his doctor, (Carlo Santuccione, aka Ali the Chemist) about obtaining the newest EPO-like drug, CERA. CERA is not an Amgen product and it is still in clinical trials in the USA sponsored by Roche (Swiss) and its California based subcontractor, Nectar Pharmaceuticals.

btw: CERA is more potent, faster acting and longer lasting than is araNESP. It requires fewer injections too, another plus for doping compliance.

Danilo was eager to get the CERA via London by the 2004 Giro, but no later than the TDF!

Based upon this, the Tour uninvited him. His defense was, why don't you uninvite Lance too? The LA Confidential book had just been released with similar claims against the then 5-time champ.

Apparently TDF Champions are exempted from the rumor mill---unlike Classic winners like Di Luca.

Rebellin is on trial, along with his wife in Italy re: a video tape of he and his now deseased Liquidgas Teammate, Denis Zanetti ordering EPO, hGH, Insulin etc for the next weeks recovery at the 2001 Giro.

That was then and this is now.

It looks like Danilo Di Luca got a hold of his CERA.

Congratulations to Roche & Nectar Pharma. They deserve some credit for their Classic Wins!

Tags:

2. Eldrack

Eldrack New Member

Hmmm, heres a theory.

571 posts, all on the same subject, in 8 months.

Definate evidence of doping. What do you take Flyer? LSD, E's, Crack, massive amounts of caffine, marijuana?

or perhaps your buying up EPO stocks to try and stop the pro's getting their hands on it?

Whatever your taking its affecting your mental health, quit before you become part of the "number of spammers who died this year" statistic.

3. Dead Star

Dead Star New Member

well it annoying at first, when we read about stuff like this. However, it's interesting reading. Type in Carlo Santuccione and Danilo di Luca on google.

4. Flyer

Flyer Banned

And of course, you would be wrong.

I do post on non-doping topics.

But for you to imply that doping news has not been at historic levels in the past year makes me wonder who medicates you? Perhaps you prefer baseball instead--they have much more money to better hide/deny the widespread doping there.

Are you fueled by Britol Meyers Squib?

5. Laggard

Laggard New Member

This is so fu*king stupid. What the hell is wrong with you, Flyer?

6. Mansmind

Mansmind New Member

Your personal concern over doping in cycling is readily apparent. If making sure the forum realizes your concern, then you have exceeded your goal.

Your posts however, don't really ask opinions (at least this one doesn't), it merely accuses riders with success in cycling of being dopers, and seems to highlight evidence to support it. I can't help wondering however, what is your point???????? Are you suggesting that we all boycott professional cycling? Do you want everyone to "realize" that if you doped also, you would be on the podium? I just don't see the point of continually throwing this information around.

We're all intelligent adults, if we want to know about it in detail, I'm sure we could spend our time searching the web for evidence as much as you obviously spend your time doing. Frankly, I have better things to do most of the time...like work or ride.

So what is it you're really trying to accomplish?

7. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Thank you.

Please feel free to post your own current event topics as well as continue to comment on mine.

Danilo Di Luca just won two big Classic Races last week. It is very relevant to mention that he was EXCLUDED from the 2004 Tour de France--despite his being a Tour of Lombardy Classic winner and despite his association with a alleged corrupt doctor. (Carlo Santuccione)

This put Di Luca in the same position as Lance Armstrong---and yet the two were treated very differently by TDF management.

Does the pointing out this anomoly of how the business PR (appearance) end of our sport works trouble you?

David Rebellin is on trial for doping with Enric Lazzaro. David's roommate died of a heart attack at age 32. Rebellin went on to have a huge 2004 year. Does this not strike you as terribly ironic? Or rather, does it just prove my point? These guys are all on drugs---the winners maybe on more potent forms and methods than their domestiques.

Many fans, juniors and adults are wholly unaware of these dirty and underreported stories. These stories are relevant nevertheless.

Finally, the feat of winning two such giant classic monuments in one week is extraordinary! David Rebellin won three in 10 days in 2003 despite his many winless years as a pro!

These cycling facts are in direct conflict with organic racing and point out the riders with the best doctors win the most big time races.

Just thought this post was timed with Di Luca's wins and that the point--asks tough questions.

If these guys are clean--as they claim, why all the video and audio police tapes? Why the trials? Why are the Italian doctors so competent at methods?

What's going on with blood doping and HBOCs?

Will more than 6 athletes die in 2005?

8. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

No he didn't. He won a non-classic and a minor classic.

Di Luca has never won a monument, and Rebellin has only won one.

I shall not apologize for being a purist in this regard.

9. Flyer

Flyer Banned

It's all about the definitions then. Denying Di Luca his credit, hurts Bernard Hinault, Michele Bartoli, Sean Kelly and Cunego too. Ouch!

Lance Armstrong considered the Fleche Wallonne a Monument when he won it in 1996---his first year with Michele Ferrari.

Now you would deny Lance his trophy.

That leaves only the Classica San Sabastian then?

Nevertheless, your definition makes Di Luca's recent feat even more amazing then.

10. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

La Fleche Wallone is a true classic, not a monument.
    Klasicoa Donostia is not a classic despite its name.
    These are historical definitions and there is value in keeping them defined. I'm not doing this to correct YOU, I'm doing it for the benefit of newer cycling fans who may be confused by your twaddle.

Your Lance and Di Luca comments are completely illogical and I'll not respond to them other than to point that out.

11. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Yes, yes the truth about athletes who are actually serious drug addicts with compulsive disorders often appears illogical. So too the sad connections and astounding similarities they share.

Such is the fraternity of dopers and the reason for a commercial Code of Silence and a clinical denial that fuels it. Clinical denial runs very deep in sport and among many fans too. It is why advertising works.

More doping scandals are scheduled for this season so stayed tuned.

Michele Ferrari, Lance Armstrong's boy is already convicted. Soon Rebellin's boy Enrico Lazzaro may get suspended. No word yet on Di Luca's doctor Santuccione legal troubles.

It's fun to keep up the traditions of historical races at the very time drugged athletes mock the results.

In the interest of historical fairness, I wonder if all podium appearances ought to be footnoted with the name of a Pharmaceutical firm (or clinical research partner) who help secure the new result?

12. mjolnir2k

mjolnir2k New Member

do Not Feed The Trolls.... ;)

13. Flyer

Flyer Banned

And to be very clear it was not me who implied that Danilo Di Luca was using illegal drugs.

It was Jean Marie Leblanc of the Tour de France who did so by rudely uninviting him from the party in June 2004. Such ill manners from the French.

Jean Marie had much more dirt on Lance Armstrong and yet did not exclude Lance----proving the double standard that is show business.

Lance had a whole book just out on him as well then and doping admissions---little known calf blood product in 2000, IOC made illegal for 2001- Actovegin (HBOC) and also insulin possesion. As well as the former employee and rider implications of Lance and drugs advocacy and Michele Ferrari's assciation---which Leblanc wished would go away.

Still, it was Di Luca's association with Eddie Mazzolino & Carlo Santuccione that got him bounced.

Shoot the messenger if you wish, but he's inside a bulletproof truth jacket.