Danilo diluca

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
I used to like DiLuca's style on the bike. He always struck me as a classy rider.

This sport always manages to kicks the fans in the nads.:mad:

Very interesting, I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy. I do think they should just close the chapters of the past and leave it be though. It has been proven that in those days just about everyone was using it like he claims, but some of those riders have been hunted down, shamed, victories taken away and so forth while others are still active as team leaders today. It's ridiculous.

Very interesting, I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy. I do think they should just close the chapters of the past and leave it be though. It has been proven that in those days just about everyone was using it like he claims, but some of those riders have been hunted down, shamed, victories taken away and so forth while others are still active as team leaders today. It's ridiculous.

The difficulty here was that in his day DiLuca and Basso etc, were all claiming that doping was a thing of the past.

Di Luca was caught early in his career and let back in.

Life bans from all participation -competing in the sport, managing teams in the sport - should be enacted by the UCI.

The difficulty here was that in his day DiLuca and Basso etc, were all claiming that doping was a thing of the past.

Life bans from all participation -competing in the sport, managing teams in the sport - should be enacted by the UCI.

Yep, I completely agree. But in general the UCI is a weak organization unfortunately. They don't have the rules in place and when they do they are often undermined by doping authorities or the ASO.

the problem with Banning great riders 4life is you end up left with mediocre Talent.if you had taken all of the elite climbers in the Armstrong era out of the sport completely you be left with water carriers competing for the wins of major grand Tours.there's no reason to think that if you took drugs out of the equation those Elite climbers would not still be the elite climbers. the other problem is in many of those tours you probably had 100 or more riders using EPO at races like the Tour de France.

the testing is much better now than it was then and they are allowed to aggregate profiles and sanction Riders based on Trends in their profiles.

the testing is much better now than it was then and they are allowed to aggregate profiles and sanction Riders based on Trends in their profiles.

Especially the last part makes a big difference. There have already been quite a few suspensions of riders by the UCI and their own team because of the values in their profile are not natural. Just last month Sergio Henoa from Team Sky got a temporary suspension from his own team in cooperation with the UCI because of the values in his biological passport. They are currently investigation his case and it's likely he will receive some sort of suspension.

Interesting discussion, I agree that testing is much better. But I believe that there still are some very scientific aids that are on the cutting edge of maintaining the edge. Maximizing the gap between discovered advantages and anti-doping detection capability of these advances, including micro-dosing. Money buys better chance of beating the anti-doping for sure. DiLuca's suggestion of letting everybody dope freely, is pretty stupid, and recipe for dead athletes.

Interesting discussion, I agree that testing is much better. But I believe that there still are some very scientific aids that are on the cutting edge of maintaining the edge. Maximizing the gap between discovered advantages and anti-doping detection capability of these advances, including micro-dosing. Money buys better chance of beating the anti-doping for sure. DiLuca's suggestion of letting everybody dope freely, is pretty stupid, and recipe for dead athletes.

For sure. And not to denigrate the great work done by the anti-doping agencies but it can't be ignored that the doping industry is so far ahead of the anti doping industry, that there are athletes still who enjoy an unfair advantage through doping.

If you get a chance to see this movie, watch it - and it's not just Russia.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXoRdSTrR-4

Reactions: EoinC2