Danny Pate... yeah.

C'dale Girl said:
What sports have we "invented" that we now claim to be the best at? Of our "big sports," we can really only say we still dominate NBA basketball and NFL football. Major League baseball is slowly but surely being dominated by the Dominicans et al anymore. NHL hockey (which we didn't even "invent" but have most of the teams in the pro league, but really share with Canada), is dominated by Canadians and Europeans. At the rate it's going the Euros are going to completely take it over and it will be the NHL in the US and Canada, but without very many Americans or Canadians.

The Detroit Redwings have dominated hockey in the last decade and they've done so by acquiring more and more Europeans. Europeans make up over half their team: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2008/06/europeandominated_red_wings_on.html

Skilled athletes from other countries have picked up on the fact that they can come here and earn a killing doing what they do best.

We have a sport called Jukskei in South Africa - basically you throw a skittle at a bunch of skittles in a sand pit. We've been world champions since forever.

Drugs of choice are brandy to ward off the cold, "moer koffie" which is coffee that puts battery acid to shame and chain smoking. I'm not sure how the chain smoking helps...

I wonder how many people actually know how the US world series got it's name?

Eldron said:
We have a sport called Jukskei in South Africa - basically you throw a skittle at a bunch of skittles in a sand pit. We've been world champions since forever.

Drugs of choice are brandy to ward off the cold, "moer koffie" which is coffee that puts battery acid to shame and chain smoking. I'm not sure how the chain smoking helps...

I wonder how many people actually know how the US world series got it's name?
saffas are world champion obnoxious wankers. everyone knows it

thunder said:
saffas are world champion obnoxious wankers. everyone knows it

Well aint you just a little bundle of joy.

Methinks you should ask your mom to teach you some manners.

helmutRoole2 said:
Hey, I'm sure he's hitting the sauce every now and then like the rest, but a fifth place in the final TT of the Giro... pretty good stuff for a guy who's done ninty percent of his racing on American soil.

U-23 TT world champion a couple years back, btw.

For those who think racing in North America is less -- much less -- than minor league, think again (WTB).

Actually, he got 6th. Christian Vandeveld got 5th.