dare I?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., May 21, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??

    hee hee

    Tags:

  2. Penny S. wrote:
    > mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??

    Mine are Purple and Pink, "pop-pom" style.....Though I only use them on special ocasions like Course
    Marshalling/EMS the local 24 Hour races.. etc.

  3. Penny says:

    >mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??

    If ya want the _full_ Barbie effect, mix pink, lavender and baby-puke turquoise together. ;-)

    Should you? Your decision entirely - I wash my hands of it.....

    Steve Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/private/scbweb/home.htm

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >
    > hee hee
    >
    > 1¢

    Sure would make a statement. if nothing else, folks would underestimate you, just so you can blow
    them away later. could be good for a laugh. ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

  5. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Penny S. wrote:
    > > mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >

    > Mine are Purple and Pink, "pop-pom" style.....Though I only use them on special ocasions like
    > Course Marshalling/EMS the local 24 Hour races.. etc.

    You are a braver man than I. the most i might do would be something small, like a mojo (though i
    have yet to find a good mojo. got a fossil sharks tooth kicking around someplace though).
    --
    ~Travis

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]rp.supernews.com...
    > mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >
    > hee hee
    >
    > 1¢

    Met a grrrl dh'er who had those little plastic multicolored spoke covers that used to come in cereal
    boxes on her bike.

    Mike - I say go for it!!

  7. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 17:15:34 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    > mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??

    I saw a young woman riding through our local park (fireroads) with streamers one time. We happened
    to be at a spot where a bunch of people were stopped, and they gave her a puzzled look. "COOL
    STREAMERS" I said. If nothing else she deserves some props for having the guts to be different.

    Of course, on the downside, some of those streamers probably didn't make it home. Trash on the trail
    is bad, m'kay?

  8. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    BB thoughtfully penned:
    > On Wed, 21 May 2003 17:15:34 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    >> mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >
    > I saw a young woman riding through our local park (fireroads) with streamers one time. We happened
    > to be at a spot where a bunch of people were stopped, and they gave her a puzzled look. "COOL
    > STREAMERS" I said. If nothing else she deserves some props for having the guts to be different.
    >
    > Of course, on the downside, some of those streamers probably didn't make it home. Trash on the
    > trail is bad, m'kay?

    I'll have to see if they will color coordinate with the new cycling outfit I'm making.

    ;-)

    Penny

  10. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

  11. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 19:55:20 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >Critic thoughtfully penned:
    >> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >>>
    >>> hee hee
    >>>
    >>> 1¢
    >>>

    >> How about champagne? http://www.twirlygirl.net
    >
    >there'd be no point under a cycle jersey....

    Strategic placement of ventilation holes?

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Critic thoughtfully penned:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    > >>
    > >> hee hee
    > >>
    > >> 1¢
    > >>

    > > How about champagne? http://www.twirlygirl.net
    >
    > there'd be no point under a cycle jersey....

    You want to run streamers AND wear a jersey?!?

    Bill "there's flash and then there's FLASH!" S.

    PS: There's a woman 24-hour solo racer (too lazy to look up) who's known for her streamers (and
    braided hair, I think). She's very cool (read: friendly) -- always urging us hackers to keep up
    the good work.

  13. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

  14. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    B. Sanders thoughtfully penned:
    >> mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >>
    >> hee hee
    >
    > yes!

    I'm rethinking, maybe I should get some for amb-idaho and make JD and paladin put them on
    their bikes...

  15. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

  16. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 17:15:34 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

    > mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    >
    > hee hee

    I'd go for a mix.

    Then again, I am the one with the fluorscent spokie-dokes.

    gabrielle

  17. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    B. Sanders thoughtfully penned:
    >> Critic thoughtfully penned:
    >>> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]...

    >>> How about champagne? http://www.twirlygirl.net
    >>
    >> there'd be no point under a cycle jersey....
    >
    > Who said anything about a jersey?
    >
    > :-O
    >
    > -B

    boy I am really sorry I even mentioned them now.

    penny

  18. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote

    > You are a braver man than I. the most i might do would be something small, like a mojo (though i
    > have yet to find a good mojo. got a fossil sharks tooth kicking around someplace though).

    Grasshopper...you cannot 'find' a mojo. mojo's find you.

    Pete

  19. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  20. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > B. Sanders thoughtfully penned:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> mmmm, streamers for handlebars...! pink or lavender! should I??
    > >>
    > >> hee hee
    > >
    > > yes!

    > I'm rethinking, maybe I should get some for amb-idaho and make JD and paladin put them on their
    > bikes...

    better yet, get them some of the pasties Critic suggested. should be good for a very big laugh.
    --
    ~Travis