Dark blue lights

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Meeba, May 10, 2004.

  1. Meeba

    Meeba Guest

    Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
    lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights:) thanks j

  2. "Meeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
    > lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights:) thanks j

    Just get a green or white light and unsolder the LEDs and solder in some
    blue LEDs. When run with a red light it really slows down the traffic around
    you.

    Marty

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Marty Wallace wrote:

    >>Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
    >>lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights:) thanks j
    >>

    > Just get a green or white light and unsolder the LEDs and solder in some
    > blue LEDs.

    White maybe, but not green. Green LEDs run on a lower voltage than blue
    ones. A "white" LED is really a blue LED with fluorescent material.

  4. "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Marty Wallace wrote:
    >
    > >>Can anyone please tell me where in melb l can get those 'thin dark blue
    > >>lights" for front o bike? As dark blue as copper's lights:) thanks j
    > >>

    > > Just get a green or white light and unsolder the LEDs and solder in some
    > > blue LEDs.

    > White maybe, but not green. Green LEDs run on a lower voltage than blue
    > ones. A "white" LED is really a blue LED with fluorescent material.

    Well I swapped green LEDs for Blue and it worked. This was before any white
    LEDs for bikes were available, so that shoots your comment down in flames.

    Marty