Darsh gone fun!

Nobbi

Guest
Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh and I pushed our new Winter
X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea how it was going to work, come
to find out it one of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did have its scary moments, but
after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a blast. Who would have ever thought
that bikes with skis riding on the snow would ever happen. www.winterxbike.com

I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000 feet.Put it this way- I asked him
if he was all right, because he look like ****!! (Can you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be
out there tomorrow carvin turns though.

Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi

"Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
and
> I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea how
> it was going to work, come to find out it one of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did
> have its scary
moments,
> but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
blast.
> Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow would ever happen.
> www.winterxbike.com
>

> I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000 feet.Put
it
> this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
(Can
> you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
turns
> though.
>
> Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi

yes they do... say you guys must be hiking up out of bounds, right? That's going to be a real grunt
when the snow gets deep. Skin up, ski-bike down? Just how do you do this??

penny

"Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
and
> I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea how
> it was going to work, come to find out it one of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did
> have its scary
moments,
> but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
blast.
> Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow would ever happen.
> www.winterxbike.com
>

> I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000 feet.Put
it
> this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
(Can
> you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
turns
> though.
>
> Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi

If there was a race who would win Darsh going up Buttermilk or me going up Sunlight?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:50:00 -0700, "Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh and I pushed our new Winter
>X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea how it was going to work,
>come to find out it one of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did have its scary moments,
>but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a blast. Who would have ever
>thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow would ever happen. www.winterxbike.com
>

> I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000 feet.Put it this way- I asked him
> if he was all right, because he look like ****!! (Can you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be
> out there tomorrow carvin turns though.
>
> Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi

Got to admit, that looks and sound like fun.

Don't break anything, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector,
that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
and
| I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea how
| it was going to work, come to find out it one of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did
| have its scary
moments,
| but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
blast.
| Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow would ever happen.
| www.winterxbike.com
|

| I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000 feet.Put
it
| this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
(Can
| you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
turns
| though.
|
| Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi

Have you tried jumping them yet? looks like awesome fun on the web site.

Simon....wishing it would snow in uk...and that 2 tectonic plates would suddenly collide midway
through uk and form some decent mountains......

Today we pushed, But starting next weekend the mountain opens and wwe can take the lift. (good thing
for Dash!!)

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
> and
> > I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea
> > how it was going to work, come to find out it
one
> > of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did have its scary
> moments,
> > but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
> blast.
> > Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow
would
> > ever happen. www.winterxbike.com
> >

> > I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000
feet.Put
> it
> > this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
> (Can
> > you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
> turns
> > though.
> >
> > Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi
> >

> yes they do... say you guys must be hiking up out of bounds, right? That's going to be a real
> grunt when the snow gets deep. Skin up, ski-bike down? Just how do you do this??
>
> penny

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
> and
> > I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea
> > how it was going to work, come to find out it
one
> > of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did have its scary
> moments,
> > but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
> blast.
> > Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow
would
> > ever happen. www.winterxbike.com
> >

> > I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000
feet.Put
> it
> > this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
> (Can
> > you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
> turns
> > though.
> >
> > Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi
> >

> yes they do... say you guys must be hiking up out of bounds, right? That's going to be a real
> grunt when the snow gets deep. Skin up, ski-bike down? Just how do you do this??
>
> penny

Push, push, push. We did this on Buttermilk mountain. Butermilk is one of a few fully sanctioned
Skibob (x-bike) resorts in the country. The area does not officially open until December 14th so it
is sort of a playground for people now. The snow is packed and destroyed by cats moving piles around
for the park, but it is still reasonably packed down. (can not WAIT for the cats to do Aspen Ski
Companies legendary grooming)

We wanted to push up to get a feel for what it would be like before we rode the lifts.

Nobbi is right. It is incredible. To me it is a lot like riding a bike. It is not like skiing. It is
not like snowboarding. It is like riding a bike. It can get scary as there are no brakes but edges,
but I don't see a problem there after a few more runs.

Nobbi is also right. I am out of shape. I really don't mind it as being out of shape is one
thing...... being in shape and constantly injured is another. I needed a break. The wrist was at
least well enough to grip the bars... with a brace. Today I feel fine. No soreness at all. When I
was "in shape" I was constantly sore.

Maybe after my run today, I will ride a decent report. Until then, rice and fish.

darsh

"M4XR8D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
> and
> > I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea
> > how it was going to work, come to find out it
one
> > of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did have its scary
> moments,
> > but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
> blast.
> > Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow
would
> > ever happen. www.winterxbike.com
> >

> > I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000
feet.Put
> it
> > this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
> (Can
> > you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
> turns
> > though.
> >
> > Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi
> >

> If there was a race who would win Darsh going up Buttermilk or me going up Sunlight?

I dont know at this point. I have always been slow, but I am pretty much at the top of my slowness
game. I don't think you would have a chance on either mountain... going slower that is.

Heard you guys had a decent time on Sunlight. The ski-bikes were needless to say... awesome. You are
going to have to get a kit and join us on Sundays. That is if you can stick the 70 bucks a day.. lol

darsh

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> | Im sure he's feelin it, and every muscle in his body hurts. Today Darsh
> and
> | I pushed our new Winter X bikes up the ski hill to test our skill at something we had no idea
> | how it was going to work, come to find out it
one
> | of the funnest things we'v done on the snow. It did have its scary
> moments,
> | but after the first few turns and learning the stopping part it was a
> blast.
> | Who would have ever thought that bikes with skis riding on the snow
would
> | ever happen. www.winterxbike.com
> |

> | I wish I had a picture of Darsh on the hike up to around 10,000
feet.Put
> it
> | this way- I asked him if he was all right, because he look like ****!!
> (Can
> | you say pathetic shape!!).Im sure he will be out there tomorrow carvin
> turns
> | though.
> |
> | Snowboarders suck !!! Nobbi
> |

> Have you tried jumping them yet? looks like awesome fun on the web site.
>
> Simon....wishing it would snow in uk...and that 2 tectonic plates would suddenly collide midway
> through uk and form some decent mountains......

I did get a bit of air. Certainly not a lot of it, but enough to get a feel for the landing and
such. I had a fair amount of speed due to terrain and a certain lack of control. The jump felt like
doing it on a bike. I popped up a bit, and had room for a kick, but held back. Of course there is a
difference, but I can't lay my mind on it at this point.

You can carve like a demon. You can sort of carve on a mountainbike, but without edges, you are not
carving. That is an aspect that differenciates the two as unique. It seems simple enough... take the
wheels off and put skis on. It is that simple, but to have a grasp on what is lost and what is
gained, is hard to dicipher.

I just told a friend about my vision of Sunday. The hill will be impecable. The "wales" that are
created by the snow machines will be smashed and spread throughout the mountain. The cats will
devour the terrain making the freshest morning corduroy you can imagine. Fortunately, this is not
only a vision, but it will be the truth regardless of the weather.

I can't wait.

darsh

Darsh wrote:

> The "wales" that are created by the snow machines will be smashed and spread throughout the
> mountain. The cats will devour the terrain making the freshest morning corduroy you can imagine.

I've always wondered. Why do the cats make corduroy? Why isn't it herringbone? Or why not just a
simple linen?

Greg

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

> > Sunlight?
>
> I dont know at this point. I have always been slow, but I am pretty much
at
> the top of my slowness game. I don't think you would have a chance on either mountain... going
> slower that is.
>
> Heard you guys had a decent time on Sunlight. The ski-bikes were needless to say... awesome. You
> are going to have to get a kit and join us on Sundays. That is if you can stick the 70 bucks a
> day.. lol
>
> darsh

Dec 19 Sunlight in the fullmoon. Bring whatever bike you want to push up the hill. Looks like there
might be a large crowd. We will be curious to see your bike in action.

> Darsh wrote:
> >
> > The "wales" that are created by the snow machines will be smashed and
spread
> > throughout the mountain. The cats will devour the terrain making the freshest morning corduroy
> > you can imagine.
>
> I've always wondered. Why do the cats make corduroy? Why isn't it herringbone? Or why not just a
> simple linen?
>
> Greg

Assuming you really wanted to know...

The corduroy that a snow cat leaves resembles the ribs in the texture of corduroy fabric.
Herringbone is more like this:///\\//\\ and linen is like _I_I

penny

penny s wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Darsh wrote:
>>
>>>The "wales" that are created by the snow machines will be smashed and
>>
> spread
>
>>>throughout the mountain. The cats will devour the terrain making the freshest morning corduroy
>>>you can imagine.
>>
>>I've always wondered. Why do the cats make corduroy? Why isn't it herringbone? Or why not just a
>>simple linen?
>>
>>Greg
>>

> Assuming you really wanted to know...
>
> The corduroy that a snow cat leaves resembles the ribs in the texture of corduroy fabric.

Yes, I know. I was just wondering why they chose a corduroy?

Greg

--

Michael Dart wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>penny s wrote:
>>
>>>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>spread

>>>Assuming you really wanted to know...
>>>
>>>The corduroy that a snow cat leaves resembles the ribs in the texture of corduroy fabric.
>>
>>Yes, I know. I was just wondering why they chose a corduroy?
>>
>>Greg
>>

> I couldn't really find anything that said why corduroy is a better skiing surface. Just that the
> groomer has behind it a 'tiller' that breaks up the snow and ice with a 'rake' that smooths out
> this chopped up stuff into a corduroy pattern. I suppose it's for even distribution of the snow.

I think I'll take Msr. Baker's answer. Sounds more logical.

Greg

--

Michael Dart wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Michael Dart wrote:
>>
>>>I couldn't really find anything that said why corduroy is a better
>>
> skiing
>
>>>surface. Just that the groomer has behind it a 'tiller' that breaks up
>>
> the
>
>>>snow and ice with a 'rake' that smooths out this chopped up stuff into a corduroy pattern. I
>>>suppose it's for even distribution of the snow.
>>>

>>I think I'll take Msr. Baker's answer. Sounds more logical.
>>
>>Greg
>>

> Shoulda ****** known you weren't lookin for a serious answer!

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Greg