Data

sfean

Jul 28, 2004
Hello all, Im 16 and just purchased the sigma 1200 wireless. Its very nice. I was very unhappy when i got off my bike and looked at my data. I road mostly flat grounds and rode 12 miles. It took me 1 hour and my average speed was 12.98mph. My max speed going down hill was 25mph. My problem is that i can get to 14mph but cant keep it. What can i do to keep a higher speed?

sfean said:
Hello all, Im 16 and just purchased the sigma 1200 wireless. Its very nice. I was very unhappy when i got off my bike and looked at my data. I road mostly flat grounds and rode 12 miles. It took me 1 hour and my average speed was 12.98mph. My max speed going down hill was 25mph. My problem is that i can get to 14mph but cant keep it. What can i do to keep a higher speed?

Train, train, train, train, train!

Did I mention train?

You will start to build the muscle/endurace/strength as long as you TRAIN!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!!

What excalty should I do? Any good programs? I have a few books but im looking for more of a training program that others use and that work.

sfean said:
What excalty should I do? Any good programs? I have a few books but im looking for more of a training program that others use and that work.

First of all, how long have you been riding?

I'm 20, I've been riding all my life and I now just started really training properly and everything...

I have already becoming amazingly better by just browsing this forum and reading what people say, researching the internet, and trusting my body..

Plus, ifyou are really serious about training, GET A HEART RATE MONITOR. Wow, one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

Click the search option for the site and type in questions, it is VERY helpful

TrekDedicated said:
Train, train, train, train, train!

Did I mention train?

You will start to build the muscle/endurace/strength as long as you TRAIN!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!!

couldn't have said it better myself...seriously nothing is going to make as big of an improvement as just spending time in the saddle other things with help alittle, but you will see big changes if you just stay on your bike.