Dauphine Libere

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ctrdy01, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Ctrdy01

    Ctrdy01 Guest

    Well it's off to France (tomorrow) for me for a couple of weeks to catch the Dauphine Libere (yeah;
    I know the race is only 1 week, but I'm not flying across the pond for 1 week!) Wondering if anyone
    had a podium in mind? Also wondering why this race doesn't get more attention. 55th edition, and the
    line up is rather attractive; Armstrong (defending his title), Ekimov (defending Armstrong),
    Mancebo, Virenque, Moreau (trying to stay vertical.... side note; wouldn't he be right up there if
    he could!?!), Boogerd, Mayo, Hamilton just to name a few, and... oh! yes of course ; Patrice Halgand
    of "you now what team". Funny the World champ isn't invited there either... should we start another
    controversy; no wait... it's the Alps... he can't do the hills... oh well!

    Seriously though, why doesn't the Dauphine Libere get more attention? The line up is always nice;
    great time to see who's hot for that "other event" in July as they go over similar stages.

    Just wondering... I'll enjoy it - always have... Is OLN showing the race?

    Well... better get packing,

    See ya soon!

    - Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
    Marathons, etc...)

    Tags:

  2. catbsq

    catbsq Guest

    Is this an advertisement for CustomGetaways.com?

    "CTRDY01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well it's off to France (tomorrow) for me for a couple of weeks to catch
    the
    > Dauphine Libere (yeah; I know the race is only 1 week, but I'm not flying across the pond for 1
    > week!) Wondering if anyone had a podium in mind? Also wondering why this race doesn't get more
    > attention. 55th edition, and
    the
    > line up is rather attractive; Armstrong (defending his title), Ekimov (defending Armstrong),
    > Mancebo, Virenque, Moreau (trying to stay
    vertical....
    > side note; wouldn't he be right up there if he could!?!), Boogerd, Mayo, Hamilton just to name a
    > few, and... oh! yes of course ; Patrice Halgand of
    "you
    > now what team". Funny the World champ isn't invited there either... should
    we
    > start another controversy; no wait... it's the Alps... he can't do the
    hills...
    > oh well!
    >
    > Seriously though, why doesn't the Dauphine Libere get more attention? The
    line
    > up is always nice; great time to see who's hot for that "other event" in
    July
    > as they go over similar stages.
    >
    > Just wondering... I'll enjoy it - always have... Is OLN showing the race?
    >
    > Well... better get packing,
    >
    > See ya soon!
    >
    > - Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
    > Marathons, etc...)

  3. Joe Hurley

    Joe Hurley Guest

    In answer to your last question:

    Thursday, June 19, 8 pm ET/PT.

    Enjoy the visit to France!

    Regards,

    Joe Hurley "CTRDY01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well it's off to France (tomorrow) for me for a couple of weeks to catch
    the
    > Dauphine Libere (yeah; I know the race is only 1 week, but I'm not flying across the pond for 1
    > week!) Wondering if anyone had a podium in mind? Also wondering why this race doesn't get more
    > attention. 55th edition, and
    the
    > line up is rather attractive; Armstrong (defending his title), Ekimov (defending Armstrong),
    > Mancebo, Virenque, Moreau (trying to stay
    vertical....
    > side note; wouldn't he be right up there if he could!?!), Boogerd, Mayo, Hamilton just to name a
    > few, and... oh! yes of course ; Patrice Halgand of
    "you
    > now what team". Funny the World champ isn't invited there either... should
    we
    > start another controversy; no wait... it's the Alps... he can't do the
    hills...
    > oh well!
    >
    > Seriously though, why doesn't the Dauphine Libere get more attention? The
    line
    > up is always nice; great time to see who's hot for that "other event" in
    July
    > as they go over similar stages.
    >
    > Just wondering... I'll enjoy it - always have... Is OLN showing the race?
    >
    > Well... better get packing,
    >
    > See ya soon!
    >
    > - Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
    > Marathons, etc...)

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    It gets the attention any important training race should. Nowadays you get everyone testing form
    for the Tour.