Dauphine Libere

patch70 said:
By the way, have you ever said "Lance's tour wins show what a great/nurturing team Cofidis is"? Didn't think so.
Patch hits the nail squarely on the head.

WarrenG said:
Landis is from San Diego, California. Anybody in contention for the Tour should at least be able to stay with the pack on a stage like today's. If he's not sick, and it seems like he'd be saying that by now, he's got something going wrong for him. Like I said previously, his watts/kg back at Tour of California in February was almost as high as what he'd want for July.
He is not from San Diego. I think he is from Pensylvannia and he moved to California when he was 18 (or something)... And it doesn't mean anything where you come from. Lance is from Texas and he liked cool conditions, Ullrich is from Germany and he likes hot weather... Go figure...

DV1976 said:
He is not from San Diego. I think he is from Pensylvannia and he moved to California when he was 18 (or something)... And it doesn't mean anything where you come from. Lance is from Texas and he liked cool conditions, Ullrich is from Germany and he likes hot weather... Go figure...
Lance generally likes the warm but hates racing in the heat since the cancer. The chemo really changed his body. He sweats profusely at the drop of a hat. I recall seeing him on stage under some lights at the Ride for the Roses, talking for thirty minutes. He literally needed a towel to wipe down every ten minutes.

Ivan Basso was at La Tousairre on saturday. He was riding a few hours before the race came through. Ivan looked evry rider in the eyes... Looks like he is preparing himself very good, looks at every detail of the TdF...

I don't think anybody disputes that Leipheimer, Hamilton, Boonen, Dave Z and Landis were all nurtured during their formative years by USPS/DC. That just can't be disputed.

I heard that as well...... every time he waited for the results of a drug test to be returned he would sweat like a herion addict....... :p

bobke said:
Lance generally likes the warm but hates racing in the heat since the cancer. The chemo really changed his body. He sweats profusely at the drop of a hat. I recall seeing him on stage under some lights at the Ride for the Roses, talking for thirty minutes. He literally needed a towel to wipe down every ten minutes.

musette said:
I don't think anybody disputes that Leipheimer, Hamilton, Boonen, Dave Z and Landis were all nurtured during their formative years by USPS/DC. That just can't be disputed.

Yeah great nuturing. Leipheimer left b/c he knew he would never get free reign with Lance around. Same with Boonen, except Hincapie was in front of him (and now Leif Hoste has left for a similar reason). DC refused to resign Dave Z. That was brilliant. Hamilton's most enduring legacy to the sport is his ridiculous attempt to clear himself of doping charges. And DC would be in a lot better position for the Tour this year if they had tried to keep Landis.

In fact, re. all of the above, with the possible exception of Hamilton, all these riders performed much better after they left DC.

Now I like Discovery well enough and some of their riders I like a lot (Hincapie, Eki, Azevedo, Savoldelli, Devolder, Hoste). They haven't had a terrible year compared to some, but they have made some bad decisions.

musette said:
So why don't you credit Cofidis for Lance? Or TMO for Savoldelli's 2nd Giro?
Double standards perhaps? Perhaps you should just credit the riders and their current team because anything else is ridiculous and is making you look seriously starved of success in 2006.