Dauphine thread

MJtje: Any details on the offical site of time gaps ?

whiteboytrash said:
Its in French thou.... no good for me ! Thanks for the updates thou.... nice work..... I'm sure we have some people very happy and the companies they work for very unhappy ! :cool:

Ahhhh Vino-now I'm excited about the TDF-and quite a gap for Lance-I don't care if he wins or loses but I want him to have to fight like hell either way! Whether his tactics up til now have been psychological play or not, I'm sure he wanted to win the Ventoux.

vl1016 said:
Ahhhh Vino-now I'm excited about the TDF-and quite a gap for Lance-I don't care if he wins or loses but I want him to have to fight like hell either way! Whether his tactics up til now have been psychological play or not, I'm sure he wanted to win the Ventoux.

The official site has not given any time gaps.

WTBOY, where did you get Armstrong at over a minute?
did he finish with Levi and FLoyd etc?

It was on the EuroSport site but they often get the names and times wrong so don’t pay much credence to it..... lets wait for the official result ! Very exciting day out on Ventoux !

hombredesubaru said:
The official site has not given any time gaps.

WTBOY, where did you get Armstrong at over a minute?
did he finish with Levi and FLoyd etc?

1. Vinokourov
2. Gomez-Marchante
3. Van Huffel
4. Armstrong
5. Landis
6. Kashechkin

No time gaps as yet......

whiteboytrash said:
It was on the EuroSport site but they often get the names and times wrong so don’t pay much credence to it..... lets wait for the official result ! Very exciting day out on Ventoux !

whiteboytrash said:
* Offical ! *

1. Vinokourov
2. Gomez-Marchante 0.06"
3. Van Huffel 0.16"
4. Armstrong 0.37"
5. Landis
6. Kashechkin
So Lance just let the other guys go, then beat Levi and Floyd for good measure.

That’s one way of looking at it ! He was yo-yo'ing off and on all day like an old girlfriend I used to know.... I think its fair to say he rode well but he did'nt have the zip that he had last year.... that’s a fair interpretation.... take note of Vino..... good TT and great agressive climbing..... Jan v Vino what will we do !

hombredesubaru said:
So Lance just let the other guys go, then beat Levi and Floyd for good measure.

Wooo youre jumping little fast to conclusions. Last year it was a weird dauphine with no really big mountain. The only one was ventoux were armstrong lost 2 min. So dunno were you get he didn't have the zip like last year...!! Ooh and I know that a lot of people follow here the sport watching the live feeds from a website, but watching it on television makes a huge difference. I'll watch saturday stage (col de joux plane another *******) and I think you can tell more by watching a race then seeing the internet..

Great ride by vino and what about van Huffel.......he's the future for belgium as a stage racer.....

And whre is botero???

whiteboytrash said:
That’s one way of looking at it ! He was yo-yo'ing off and on all day like an old girlfriend I used to know.... I think its fair to say he rode well but he did'nt have the zip that he had last year.... that’s a fair interpretation.... take note of Vino..... good TT and great agressive climbing..... Jan v Vino what will we do !

I was referring to the Zip in the Tour..... I wasn’t saying he was **** I said it was a good ride I just mentioned that it didn’t appear to be in the right form.... maybe he is bluffing again ?

But lets drop the Armstrong talk... what about Vino ? and agreed van Huffel looks the goods... He dragged the other Disco guy in the Giro home.... he is the future !

MJtje said:
Wooo youre jumping little fast to conclusions. Last year it was a weird dauphine with no really big mountain. The only one was ventoux were armstrong lost 2 min. So dunno were you get he didn't have the zip like last year...!! Ooh and I know that a lot of people follow here the sport watching the live feeds from a website, but watching it on television makes a huge difference. I'll watch saturday stage (col de joux plane another *******) and I think you can tell more by watching a race then seeing the internet..

Great ride by vino and what about van Huffel.......he's the future for belgium as a stage racer.....

And whre is botero???

Like I said great ride by Vino, he could really be a thread to HIM;) with Jan also in the game.....I was surprised that heras was left so fast and where did botero go. He said he felt great........I wouldn't call this great (although i predicted it allready).

Menchov is losing to much time IF he wants to get top 5 in the tour, what his goal is! Breukink won't be happy (like he wasn't happy with yesterdays TT)

Btw why do stage racers come to rabo, I never understand. The team is build for stage wins and classics not a GT win or anything close...

whiteboytrash said:
I was referring to the Zip in the Tour..... I wasn’t saying he was **** I said it was a good ride I just mentioned that it didn’t appear to be in the right form.... maybe he is bluffing again ?

But lets drop the Armstrong talk... what about Vino ?

Some results for all of ya all..... good ride by Popy.... even the sprinters were giving him a run for his money.... :) Botero no go and Heres needs to find about 10 minutes from somewhere..... I like the look of MONCOUTIE and VAN HUFFEL .... good rides..... will be co-stars at the Tour but will be in the mix....

WBT out.

1 VINOKOUROV Alexandre 11 TMO (KAZ) :00

2 GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose 174 SDV (ESP) :06

3 VAN HUFFEL Wim 157 DVL (BEL) :16

4 ARMSTRONG Lance 1 DSC (USA) :37

5 LANDIS Floyd 57 PHO (USA) P:10 :41

6 KASHECHKIN Andrey 25 C.A (KAZ) :43

7 LEIPHEIMER Levi 71 GST (USA) :46

8 LANDALUZE Inigo 183 EUS (ESP) 1:31

9 FRITSCH Nicolas 171 SDV (FRA) 1:36

10 MONCOUTIE David 116 COF (FRA) 1:45

11 BRUSEGHIN Marzio 123 FAS (ITA) 2:17

12 MOREAU Christophe 21 C.A (FRA) 2:35

13 MANCEBO Francisco 31 IBA (ESP) 2:39

14 MENCHOV Denis 101 RAB (RUS) 2:40

15 PEREIRO Oscar 58 PHO (ESP) 2:48

16 BOTERO Santiago 51 PHO (COL) 2:59

17 BELTRAN Manuel 3 DSC (ESP) 3:18

18 ARROYO David 32 IBA (ESP) 4:05

19 GOUBERT Stephane 201 A2R (FRA) 4:12

20 BOTCHAROV Alexandre 22 C.A (RUS) 4:24

21 ASTARLOZA Mikel 202 A2R (ESP) 4:35

22 KOHL Bernhard 14 TMO (AUT) 4:43

23 GIUNTI Massimo 126 FAS (ITA) 4:45

24 WEENING Pieter 108 RAB (NED) 4:57

25 JAKSCHE Jorg 95 LSW (GER) 5:00

26 ZABALLA Constantino 177 SDV (ESP) 5:35

27 MERCKX Axel 151 DVL (BEL) 5:41

28 GUTIERREZ Jose 54 PHO (ESP) 5:58

29 ZANDIO ECHAIDE Xabie 38 IBA (ESP) 6:13

30 MOUREY Francis 47 FDJ (FRA) "

31 ROUS Didier 138 BTL (FRA) 6:18

32 HARY Maryan 137 BTL (FRA) "

33 DI GREGORIO Remy 43 FDJ (FRA) "

34 CANADA David 173 SDV (ESP) "

35 GONZALEZ DE GAL Igor 94 LSW (ESP) "

36 AZEVEDO Jose 2 DSC (POR) "

37 SEVILLA Oscar 16 TMO (ESP) "

38 FUENTES Juan 164 LAM (ESP) 6:42

39 PINEAU Jerome 131 BTL (FRA) 6:45

40 PECHARROMAN Jose 85 QST (ESP) 6:48

41 POSTHUMA Joost 106 RAB (NED) 6:57

42 TANKINK Bram 86 QST (NED) "

43 CHAURREAU Inigo 204 A2R (ESP) 7:07

44 GUTIERREZ Ivan 35 IBA (ESP) 7:22

45 JOLY Sebastien 24 C.A (FRA) 7:31

46 IGLINSKIY Maxim 194 DOM (KAZ) 8:14

47 SORENSEN Nicki 66 CSC (DEN) "

48 POPOVYCH Yaroslav 7 DSC (UKR) 8:51

57 BOSSONI Paolo 122 FAS (ITA) "

58 CALZATI Sylvain 203 A2R (FRA) "

59 DAVIS Allan 93 LSW (AUS) "

60 JALABERT Nicolas 56 PHO (FRA) 10:35

61 HERAS Roberto 91 LSW (ESP) 11:17

At first I was surprised by Vino's win. But he did the same by coming in behind Vaughters in 1999 on Ventoux.

Botero did the same thing a few years ago after winning a TT, lost 15 minutes or something on Ventoux.

Lance did OK, was yo-yoing. Vidoe would help. How much he was struggling etc. Joux Plane should be interesting. WIll he just ride to defend or try to take it away from Levi. I think Lance likes Levi and actually tipped Levi for today's win. I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

Weird but in 2003 Bruyneel said they were never worried about Vino given his history on long climbs and ITTs, but man he was close to hte jersey that year.

how does someone, over the course of a winter, turn from an average rider for Vlaanderen-Interim, to riding for a big protour team, get a top 20 in the giro and manage to gap world-class riders on the Ventoux? :confused:

Great ride by Vino : delighted for him.

Looks like Ventoux is another one that got away.

Oh yeah anooooooooother one got away.....enjoy. Don't tell anyone I think july is his month;) ....could be wrong (doubt it).

Oke serious he did say he wanted to win one stage during dauphine.....next appointment joux plane. That would be great since it is live on france 2.

limerickman said:

limerickman said:

according to Equipe, Armstrong felt he was 'too heavy' to ride well on Ventoux. And he was off the back frequently - when cycling news captions a photo 'Armstrong in suffer mode' then you know no amount of Disco spin can hide the truth that he lost because he wasn't good enough - today. You just have to look at his eyes - windows of the soul and all that - they don't lie.

But doesn't mean he won't win the Tour (yawn) again.

However, enough with the dull Texan - Vino told Equipe he only knows one way to ride - attack - truly hope he lights up the Tour again like he did a couple of years back - what that race desperately needs is someone to inject some lifeblood back into its staid and boring old veins...

micron said:
However, enough with the dull Texan - Vino told Equipe he only knows one way to ride - attack - truly hope he lights up the Tour again like he did a couple of years back - what that race desperately needs is someone to inject some lifeblood back into its staid and boring old veins...

so so true.

micron said:
according to Equipe, Armstrong felt he was 'too heavy' to ride well on Ventoux. And he was off the back frequently - when cycling news captions a photo 'Armstrong in suffer mode' then you know no amount of Disco spin can hide the truth that he lost because he wasn't good enough - today. You just have to look at his eyes - windows of the soul and all that - they don't lie.

But doesn't mean he won't win the Tour (yawn) again.

Vino is an attacking rider and that is his way.
Every season he has a great win (Paris-Nice etc) and then goes off the boil
(in comparative terms).

Todays win though shows that he has his climbing legs on.