Dauphine thread

Oh dear..... Mouncoutie and Botero going screaming off the front now..... This ProTour has done wonders for attacking riding.... good stuff chaps ! They have 40secs....

....and the others..... well.... the good news or the bad news.....

whiteboytrash said:
30km to go with one big stinking hill to come....... this is very interesting....... Merckx could win overall !

Jaksche drops out of the Armstrong group and waits for the peleton which is two minutes behind the Armstrong, M, L and H group......... the Armstrong group has slowed and the lead group is gaining time on them....

....what now ?

Botero and Moncoutie power on....

whiteboytrash said:
Oh dear..... Mouncoutie and Botero going screaming off the front now..... This ProTour has done wonders for attacking riding.... good stuff chaps ! They have 40secs....

....and the others..... well.... the good news or the bad news.....

Vino joins the Armstrong and then ATTACKS ! He now has 19 secs on Armstrong..... Armstrong is looking around for support.... Landis attacks Armstrong and gets on Vino's wheel..... Armstrong is looking a little lost out stuck between the lead groups and the remains of the peleton....

whiteboytrash said:
Jaksche drops out of the Armstrong group and waits for the peleton which is two minutes behind the Armstrong, M, L and H group......... the Armstrong group has slowed and the lead group is gaining time on them....

....what now ?

Botero and Moncoutie power on....

Vino now has 40" on Armstrong......

whiteboytrash said:
Vino joins the Armstrong and then ATTACKS ! He now has 19 secs on Armstrong..... Armstrong is looking around for support.... Landis attacks Armstrong and gets on Vino's wheel..... Armstrong is looking a little lost out stuck between the lead groups and the remains of the peleton....

Armstrong ATTACKS and catches VINO then goes past with 1km to the summit !

Yellow jersrey at 3.25" !

Armstrong to take overall ?

whiteboytrash said:
Vino now has 40" on Armstrong......

Botero and Moncoutie in the lead with Armstrong, Lepi, and Vino at 1.30"...... yellow jersey miles away....

whiteboytrash said:
Armstrong ATTACKS and catches VINO then goes past with 1km to the summit !

Yellow jersrey at 3.25" !

Armstrong to take overall ?

I just watched the etappe live on tv.........Landaluze still in yellow, botero second, leipheimer and then armstrong! (gc that is)

Botero looked very good he attacked the minute the joux plane started. Also Vino attacked armstrong with landis......but landis got dropped again and went back to the armstrong group.

After a while armstrong attacked in pursue of vino and the whole group but levi got dropped. After while levi also dropped, but vino was allready near so levi got back again.

Soooo memorable moments botero attacking very hard, vino always attacking......and sorry guys also armstrong for showing some sort of form;)

Btw the decent was nailbitting.........they went fast!!!!! Landaluze was flying down because he didn't want to lose yellow. Armstrong drove most of the decent after joux plane...

whiteboytrash said:
Botero and Moncoutie in the lead with Armstrong, Lepi, and Vino at 1.30"...... yellow jersey miles away....

I'll agree with all of that... Armstrong is coming into form and with Vino/Levi/Botero/Monconutie all looking good..... making for a good TDF...... have to say Landis may not have it..... we will see of course ! Great racing !

MJtje said:
I just watched the etappe live on tv.........Landaluze still in yellow, botero second, leipheimer and then armstrong! (gc that is)

Botero looked very good he attacked the minute the joux plane started. Also Vino attacked armstrong with landis......but landis got dropped again and went back to the armstrong group.

After a while armstrong attacked in pursue of vino and the whole group but levi got dropped. After while levi also dropped, but vino was allready near so levi got back again.

Soooo memorable moments botero attacking very hard, vino always attacking......and sorry guys also armstrong for showing some sort of form;)

Btw the decent was nailbitting.........they went fast!!!!! Landaluze was flying down because he didn't want to lose yellow. Armstrong drove most of the decent after joux plane...

Btw when vino/landis attacked armstrong left all the work to levi........He probably figured that levi wasn't strong enough so he attacked...........

When is the tour of suisse thread coming whiteytrashboy;)

whiteboytrash said:
I'll agree with all of that... Armstrong is coming into form and with Vino/Levi/Botero/Monconutie all looking good..... making for a good TDF...... have to say Landis may not have it..... we will see of course ! Great racing !

whiteboytrash said:

I thought Landis went with Vino on the attck.
He must have blown sky high or been told to sit up because Botero was going for the stage and maybe GC.
But what would have been the harm in marking Levi and Lance.
Floyd must not have had it.

What about tomorrow?
This race is producing some unexpected tactics, with all the tour guys looking at each other like, what me? I"M not gonna chase, how bout you?

Very good, question is: is he not peaking to early??

No doubt DC, T-Mobile, CSC need to watch him. His problem from the past (maybe it is gone, I doubt it) is that he was inconsistent. Like 2002 ventoux..........gone was botero....to win the next day again. If he wants to win everything must be perfect!

mitosis said:
How is Botero looking for the tour?

Oke for the people who have france 3 dauphine libere is shown from 16:30-17:55. Hope i have that channel..........:confused:

Final stage with Hincapie and Popo out on the break, looking for some time so that Discovery can take the team classification perhaps?

16:40 LANDALUZE IN DIFFICULTIES!! The yellow jersey is finding the fierce pace set by the peloton up this fifth ascent of the third-category Domancy rather hard. Riders are dropping off the back, and he too could be one if he doesn't get a grip oin himself! Phonak and Botero smell blood - this is the time to break!

16:42 On the fifth summit passing of the Domancy, Landaluz has come over 25' off the pace of the peloton!

Would be a pity to see Landaluze loose the race on the last stage, he made a good break, rode a good time up Ventoux and did well yesterday with only three team mates, he deserves to win.
And on a completely different note, what the hell has happened to LA's poker face? All the pictures of him on the up hill have him pulling a pained face. I though he tried to keep his face blank to get at his opponents?

He'll hang on... Botero should of attacked when he was dropped....... Good to see the Euskitel boys with their first win of the season !

Eldrack said:
Would be a pity to see Landaluze loose the race on the last stage, he made a good break, rode a good time up Ventoux and did well yesterday with only three team mates, he deserves to win.
And on a completely different note, what the hell has happened to LA's poker face? All the pictures of him on the up hill have him pulling a pained face. I though he tried to keep his face blank to get at his opponents?

Oke guys check this:

1) hincapie
2) popo
3) ARMSTRONG

DC answered ullrich ;) LOL

Eldrack said:

That was a good finish by Discovery, got them the team classification and Lance got points classification so a pretty good Dauphine for them.

All congratulations have to go to Landaluze though, kept his head cool and cut his time losses enough to make the win, they really shouldn't have let him get away on that break.

Eldrack said:
That was a good finish by Discovery, got them the team classification and Lance got points classification so a pretty good Dauphine for them.

All congratulations have to go to Landaluze though, kept his head cool and cut his time losses enough to make the win, they really shouldn't have let him get away on that break.

Levi agrees with you, but hey, what are the directeurs sportif doing?, with their radios, and their computers in the car with files and times on each rider...I mean if the break was a problem it is up to them to tell Levi pull it back BEFORE the gap gets to like 9 minutes.

Landaluze alomst won a stage last year in the tour, he came in tenth last year at Dauphine, and was eighth up Ventoux this year. What were they thinking?!?

I mean Levi can SAY the Dauphine is a tune up for the tour, but he will not podium (unlike Lance when he says it is just a tune up for the tour). D-Libere would have by far been Levi's biggest win in his career. Too bad.