David Millar : Interview in the Guardian

Full of ****. That guy gotta be desperate for public love or just outrageously stupid if he claims he can be Britains best cyclist, riding clean, after having seen what a boost you can get from proper medication. On the other hand, considering how rubbish british roadcycling is, chances are he might succeed. After all, the best british talent atm is Liam Killeen, a mountainbiker.
rolleyes.gif

Aranesp said:
Full of ****. That guy gotta be desperate for public love or just outrageously stupid if he claims he can be Britains best cyclist, riding clean, after having seen what a boost you can get from proper medication. On the other hand, considering how rubbish british roadcycling is, chances are he might succeed. After all, the best british talent atm is Liam Killeen, a mountainbiker.
rolleyes.gif

I agree.

His record as a rider is no way near that of Tom Simpson, Chris Boardman or the best British rider ever, Robert Millar.

I just thought that people might be interested in the interview giving my Armstrong's best buddy in the peloton, Mr.Millar.

limerickman said:
His record as a rider is no way near that of Tom Simpson, Chris Boardman or the best British rider ever, Robert Millar.

Although to be fair, he's not saying that it is - just that he wants it to be by the time he retires...

Aranesp said:
rolleyes.gif
He never said he could be, but what a great goal that is? Should his goal NOT be to be the best he possibly can? I'm sure Roger Hammond would have that as a goal too?

Aranesp said:
rolleyes.gif

Not surprising how 'rubbish' British 'road cycling' is considering that, for the most part, competitors in UK races have to compete with unsympathetic motorists driving both towards them or else overtaking them. This situation has been tolerated by all of the cycling bodies since road racing was reintroduced in 1942. Everything will shut down again for the visit of the TdF next year and then back to normal like the last time. :mad:

limerickman said:
I agree.

I just thought that people might be interested in the interview giving my Armstrong's best buddy in the peloton, Mr.Millar.

Robert Millar was a very competent stage rider and probably should have won his Vuelta but Tom Simpson won the World Road Championship, a number of major classics and rode well in the TdF at a time when breaking into the Continental circuit was much more of a closed shop than today.
:cool:

Zeco2 said:
Robert Millar was a very competent stage rider and probably should have won his Vuelta but Tom Simpson won the World Road Championship, a number of major classics and rode well in the TdF at a time when breaking into the Continental circuit was much more of a closed shop than today.
:cool:
Doesn't Nicole Cooke get rated anywhere ????