David Millar interview on Radio 5 at 7pm Wed 25/1/06

Bronzie

Guest
Just heard that an interview with David Millar is on Radio 5 tonight at
7pm - he apparently talks of the impact his 2-year doping ban has had
on his life and his hopes for the future. May be worth a listen.

Ta
Bronzie

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:32:18 -0800, Bronzie wrote:

> Just heard that an interview with David Millar is on Radio 5 tonight at

I just saw a trailer.
There is an item on the BBC1 television news at 10pm.

[email protected] wrote:
> Bronzie wrote:
> > Just heard that an interview with David Millar is on Radio 5 tonight at
> > 7pm - he apparently talks of the impact his 2-year doping ban has had
> > on his life and his hopes for the future. May be worth a listen.

> About 50 minutes in on "Sport on Five".
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/sportonfive.shtml

All I get is some time in November, or last thursday. Can't seem to
find tonights at all.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Bronzie wrote:
> > > Just heard that an interview with David Millar is on Radio 5 tonight at
> > > 7pm - he apparently talks of the impact his 2-year doping ban has had
> > > on his life and his hopes for the future. May be worth a listen.

> > About 50 minutes in on "Sport on Five".
> >
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/sportonfive.shtml

> All I get is some time in November, or last thursday. Can't seem to
> find tonights at all.

Ah - found the video bit. Much longer than the clips they showed on the
news.
...d

Quite an interesting interview on the BBC 10pm news although I missed
the start. I must admit I'm fairly surprised that it made the main BBC
News at all - professional cycling hardly has a very high media profile
in this country.

Didn't really tell us anything I'd not already read in his recent
interview with Procycling.

He is aiming to target the prologue of this year's Tour de France, and
admits it'll be a tall order for him to reach Paris with no racing in
his legs. He also said he hopes to prove once and for all that you can
compete at the Tour clean - whether anyone will believe him is of
course another matter.

He also hopes to be an example to riders entering the sport, and
encourage them to avoid "the dark side".

I just hope that he is not villified by his fellow professionals on his
return - so many riders who have "spat in the soup" and revealed the
true extent of doping have been cast out of the bunch.

Here's to Millar wearing the yellow jersey on Saturday 1st July in
Strasbourg.

I wonder if his 2nd chance will cheer him up. Every time we've seen him
on the telly he's been winging, moaning, bleating, if not actually
bursting into tears and having tantrums. He should try different drugs
that might make him laugh more often!

cheers
Jacob