David Millar to warn against dangers of doping

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fil, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. Fil

    Fil Guest

    Tags:

  2. AC

    AC Guest

  3. kaiser

    kaiser Guest

  4. Laz

    Laz Guest

  5. On 28 Jul 2004 15:12:18 -0700, [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:

    >wanna help? tell the whole story. name the names. get bigger guts.

    He named the rider who he says hooked him up.

    JT

  6. "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:25:04 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On 28 Jul 2004 15:12:18 -0700, [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:
    > >
    > >>wanna help? tell the whole story. name the names. get bigger guts.

    > >He named the rider who he says hooked him up.
    > >
    > >JT

    > I saw that, but the name now seems to have been changed to "a senior
    > pro on the team" in most references. Has he withdrawn it, or are the
    > publications and websites fearful of litigation?

    There was a feature article in Cyclesport or maybe ProCycling a few years back about how the young
    rider David Miller had been assigned the older veteran Massimiliano Lelli to show him the ropes of
    the top pro scene. It raised my eyebrow even then.

    Kirby.

  7. "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:25:04 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On 28 Jul 2004 15:12:18 -0700, [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:
    > >
    > >>wanna help? tell the whole story. name the names. get bigger guts.

    > >He named the rider who he says hooked him up.

    > I saw that, but the name now seems to have been changed to "a senior
    > pro on the team" in most references. Has he withdrawn it, or are the
    > publications and websites fearful of litigation?

    I don't know, but it he withdrew it due to threat of litigation, I can
    sympathise with him (assuming he was telling the truth about that
    person but will have trouble proving it).

    JT

  8. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:25:04 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 28 Jul 2004 15:12:18 -0700, [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:
    >
    >>wanna help? tell the whole story. name the names. get bigger guts.

    >He named the rider who he says hooked him up.
    >
    >JT

    I saw that, but the name now seems to have been changed to "a senior
    pro on the team" in most references. Has he withdrawn it, or are the
    publications and websites fearful of litigation?

    Regards!
    Stephen

  9. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  10. On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:33:42 +1000, "Jeff Jones"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    >> On 28 Jul 2004 15:12:18 -0700, [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:
    >>
    >>> wanna help? tell the whole story. name the names. get bigger guts.

    >> He named the rider who he says hooked him up.
    >>

    >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul20news3

    So is CN still publishing the named rider in it's more recent reports
    JJ? I don't think it was CN that I first saw him named.

    Regards!
    Stephen

  11. Steve McGinty wrote:

    > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:25:04 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>On 28 Jul 2004 15:12:18 -0700, [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:
    >>

    >>>wanna help? tell the whole story. name the names. get bigger guts.

    >>He named the rider who he says hooked him up.
    >>
    >>JT

    > I saw that, but the name now seems to have been changed to "a senior
    > pro on the team" in most references. Has he withdrawn it, or are the
    > publications and websites fearful of litigation?

    Was it Lelli of the "scenic training rides" fame?