David Millar wins St 18 of Vuelta

Willowbeauty

Guest
Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments ago after gaining over 20
seconds on the chasing group by descending like a nutter!

Well done Dave!

"Willowbeauty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments ago after gaining over 20
> seconds on the chasing group by descending like a nutter!
>
> Well done Dave!

Well that's spoilt 3 hours of cycling I've taped for later this evening. Hmmm...

"Stephen Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Willowbeauty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments ago after gaining over 20
> > seconds on the chasing group by descending like a nutter!
> >
> > Well done Dave!
> >
> Well that's spoilt 3 hours of cycling I've taped for later this evening. Hmmm...

nah, you can enjoy it now knowing that at least you can pronounce the winners name correctly!

Oooooh! I hope he was wearing a h****t ;-]

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute and benefit.

"Robert Bruce" <robatanalytical-dynamicsdotcodotyoukay> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments ago after gaining over 20
> > seconds on the chasing group by descending like a nutter!
>
> Oooooh! I hope he was wearing a h****t ;-]
>
> --
> Rob

Yes he was.

Wayne
--
DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

"Willowbeauty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Stephen Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Willowbeauty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments
ago
> > > after gaining over 20 seconds on the chasing group by descending like
> > > nutter!
> > >
> > > Well done Dave!
> > >
> > Well that's spoilt 3 hours of cycling I've taped for later this evening. Hmmm...
> >

> nah, you can enjoy it now knowing that at least you can pronounce the winners name correctly!

Etiquette is to put something like 'Spoiler St 18' in the Subject title.

Please do not put results in subject headers! "Willowbeauty" <[email protected]>
> Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments ago after gaining over 20
> seconds on the chasing group by descending like a nutter!
>
> Well done Dave!

"Dan Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Please do not put results in subject headers! "Willowbeauty"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Nice descending sir! Millar won Stage 17 of the Vuelta a few moments ago after gaining over 20
> > seconds on the chasing group by descending like a nutter!
> >
> > Well done Dave!

nice try, but given the lack of racing news on here, I'm not going to stop posting the few great
results that British riders get, cos they *are* so few!

as for top-posting, well someone else can tick you off about that, I'm fairly laid back on
these things

"JP" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Willowbeauty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Stephen Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "Willowbeauty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> ago

> > > Well that's spoilt 3 hours of cycling I've taped for later this
evening.
> > > Hmmm...
> > >

> > nah, you can enjoy it now knowing that at least you can pronounce the winners name correctly!
> >
> Etiquette is to put something like 'Spoiler St 18' in the Subject title.

I agree, I shall try harder in not sharing the good news next time- the daily newspapers and the TV
hush up the cycling results and I shall forthwith fall in line to.

What is it, you can't please some of the people all the time, or all of the people some of the
time etc..

To be honest, if I was trying to avoid knowing a specific cycling result, I wouldn't be logging onto
the cycling newsgroup or even the BBCi sports section but then what do I know eh?

Willowbeauty posted a Vuelta spoiler then responded to a request for courtesy:
> > Please do not put results in subject headers!

with:
> nice try, but given the lack of racing news on here, I'm not going to stop posting the few great
> results that British riders get, cos they *are* so few!

Well, there's only one answer to that. <plonk>

Thomas Paine

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Willowbeauty posted a Vuelta spoiler then responded to a request for courtesy:
> > > Please do not put results in subject headers!
>
> with:
> > nice try, but given the lack of racing news on here, I'm not going to stop posting the few great
> > results that British riders get, cos they *are* so few!
>
> Well, there's only one answer to that. <plonk>

Phew! KF'ed by someone who couldn't be bothered to contribute, that's one less lurker to
worry about!