David Millar working with Checchini

meandmybike

Feb 7, 2005
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4282

Just spit in my face and tell me it's raining. Jesus, does he really think after all his "I've learnt my lesson and want the young riders to know you can do it clean" diatribe that this is a smart thing to do?

You know what, I don't care.

Come saturday I won't be sat in front of Eurosport watching the Vuelta. Or any other doy over the next three weeks. I'll be sat on my bike or playing with my kids or watching paint dry. Anything but being an audience to these ****ing hypocrits. :mad:

meandmybike said:

Just spit in my face and tell me it's raining. Jesus, does he really think after all his "I've learnt my lesson and want the young riders to know you can do it clean" diatribe that this is a smart thing to do?

Come saturday I won't be sat in front of Eurosport watching the Vuelta. Or any other doy over the next three weeks. I'll be sat on my bike or playing with my kids or watching paint dry. Anything but being an audience to these ****ing hypocrits. :mad:

Me too. Right on, brother.

meandmybike said:

Well spotted MAMB.

What is Millar thinking by engaging Checchini?
We've had to endure his interviews about how pleased he was to be just participating in the TDF, how he was delighted to be cycling on closed roads etc.

The humble pie didn't last very long, did it.

Recidivism.

limerickman said:
The humble pie didn't last very long, did it.

Recidivism.
With his time trial performances at the Tour he just ran straight into the hard truth: You need to dope to win, and you don't get contracts based on how enthusiastics you are to be riding as a pro again.

SaintAndrew said:
yeah he learned his lesson. work with the best so you won't get caught.

exactly......Lance never tested positive to anything, (well once, but they accepted his 'excuse'), & who was his 'physician'???......why none other than Cecchini's close friend & classmate & convicted doper...Dr. 'Dope' himself, Michele Ferrari....who also spent some time working with 'roid landis & Hamilton when they were at Disco...some things never change

Hitchy said:
exactly......Lance never tested positive to anything, (well once, but they accepted his 'excuse'), & who was his 'physician'???......why none other than Cecchini's close friend & classmate & convicted doper...Dr. 'Dope' himself, Michele Ferrari....who also spent some time working with 'roid landis & Hamilton when they were at Disco...some things never change
Yes but who hasn't worked with those 2 - that would be more informative for me.

Maybe we should keep a list.

meandmybike said:

I'm with you on this. Sod watching the Vuelta and sod Millar, arrogant waste of (alleged) talent. Those doping idiots don't realise that unless they all start racing clean then they will be riding the Grand Tours with nobody watching. People on this forum whining about Ulle and Basso and which team they'll ride for next. Who gives a toss what either of those cheats does next?

Well, glad to see that Millar's arrangement seems to be working out. Of course, it didn't take a season of training plans and diet for Millar to find his form with Cecchini. It just took the time to get topped off with some new juice.

rocko said:
I'm with you on this. Sod watching the Vuelta and sod Millar, arrogant waste of (alleged) talent. Those doping idiots don't realise that unless they all start racing clean then they will be riding the Grand Tours with nobody watching. People on this forum whining about Ulle and Basso and which team they'll ride for next. Who gives a toss what either of those cheats does next?
Can I point out neither Ullrich or Basso have been charged with anything to date. Also can I point out Ullrich has been tested 33 times this year alone and I would assume Basso around the same and no positive tests. So please dont call them cheats unless you have proof they are. Thanks.

foxvi said:
Can I point out neither Ullrich or Basso have been charged with anything to date. Also can I point out Ullrich has been tested 33 times this year alone and I would assume Basso around the same and no positive tests. So please dont call them cheats unless you have proof they are. Thanks.
Are they your relatives, or something...? You took this very personally.

Andrija said:
Are they your relatives, or something...? You took this very personally.
They are two human beings who have been hounded in the media, press and occasionaly on this forum. I cant do much with the media and press but I can do something on this forum.

foxvi said:
They are two human beings who have been hounded in the media, press and occasionaly on this forum. I cant do much with the media and press but I can do something on this forum.

Snap!! Well said.

foxvi said:
They are two human beings who have been hounded in the media, press and occasionaly on this forum.
They aren't the only ones
foxvi said:
I cant do much with the media and press but I can do something on this forum.
Hardly.
This is virtual community... Just members' (subjektive) opinions, nothing official.
Freedom of speech, fans' passion...

foxvi said:
Would it be fair to assume from your post that you are of the opinion that the majority of riders in the tour are racing clean, since many have been racing for years without testing positive?

foxvi said:

Oh please. Basso has already been in a hearing with the Italian Olympic committee. Ullrich has been sacked by his team for doping. The public prosecutor in Germany is preparing fraud charges. Extensive evidence has been released to the public detailing both riders connections to Fuentes. Both has clammed up and refused to explain to their fans why their names are in this mess. And both refuse to take DNA tests that could go a long way to conclusively clearing their names.

Don't even get me started on the tests. Pfft.

So maybe Ullrich and Basso can stop treating their fans like chumps. When cyclists stop treating their fans like **** I'll spend a little more time worrying about how nice I am to them on an internet forum.

tcklyde said:
Oh please. Basso has already been in a hearing with the Italian Olympic committee. Ullrich has been sacked by his team for doping.
Correct, the second hearingof Basso was scheduled for September 12 but the hearing was postponed while the prosecuter needs more timeto study the Puerto papers. The Swiss federation send the papers back to the UCI since (according tothe president of the Swiss cycling federation) they could not win a case with the material provided so far. Etcetera etcetra etcetera

cyclingheroes said:
Correct, the second hearingof Basso was scheduled for September 12 but the hearing was postponed while the prosecuter needs more timeto study the Puerto papers. The Swiss federation send the papers back to the UCI since (according tothe president of the Swiss cycling federation) they could not win a case with the material provided so far. Etcetera etcetra etcetera

It also conveniently makes sure that Basso's season is truly over, leaves him with 138 ProTour Points. Not too shabby for a man that road a 1/2 season and is going to most likely walk from the Puerto debacle.

Michael

"This is incredible what happened today. I was kicked out of cycling, but later I worked very hard for one year to be able to win again. This is like a renaissance, beginning from zero," David Millar said. "I want to send a message that you can return to the highest level without taking anything, not even recovery agents, you can win clean." (http://velonews.com/race/int/articles/10839.0.html)

Why doesn't anyone pop the big question: "So, David... why are you working with noted doping doctor Dr. Checchini? Seems like you'd stear well clear of guys like that if you're on an anti-doping crusade."

It's very Armstrong-like. Armstrongesque.

helmutRoole2 said:
Why doesn't anyone pop the big question: "So, David... why are you working with noted doping doctor Dr. Checchini? Seems like you'd stear well clear of guys like that if you're on an anti-doping crusade."

Agreed. And why doesn't someone ask Dave Brailsford and Simon Jones at British Cycling how they can allow this lying, cheating piece of sh1t to ride in a GB jersey when is working with Cecchini.

Thankfully Millar is too stupid and too arrogant to get away with it (this is the guy who kept the empty EPO vials at home yet still denied drug use). I give ot 18 months at the most before he's caught. Hopefully it will be a lot sooner but he is working with the best now... :mad: :mad: :mad: