davidsommerville.com is back

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Tags:

  2. "Steven Y. Litvin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Wooo Hooo!! Actually Dave was a big part of our dinner conversation on Sat night.....wanted to
    > know where all the pictures of that cute woman from crit nationals went?!?!?!

    That woman about whom he bragged about on rbr?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=palmares+sheets+sommerville+group:rec.bicycles.racing&hl=en&lr=&i-
    e=UTF-8&selm=VbFm9.21151%241F3.22 13%40nwrddc02.gnilink.net&rnum=3

    From: David Sommerville ([email protected]) Subject: Re: Oh My God, Holy
    Shit.....davidsommerville.com View: Complete Thread (22 articles) Original Format Newsgroups:
    rec.bicycles.racing Date: 2002-10-02 09:31:50 PST

    Thanks,

    Gomez is a vixen and has REAL palmares both on the road and on the sheets.

    David Sommerville

  3. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:41:22 -0500, "Steven Y. Litvin" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Wooo Hooo!! Actually Dave was a big part of our dinner conversation on Sat night.....wanted to know
    >where all the pictures of that cute woman from crit nationals went?!?!?!
    >
    >Steve

    Dave was a big part of your dinner conversation??? Holy Christ you need a life.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  4. > Basically my training has been off. Haven't got the prescribed numbers of hours for the last 4
    > weeks. There is just now way this New York Winter to get the hours in on the bike. Been doing my
    > planned intervals, which is pretty great, well for intervals to be pretty great one must be a
    > little crazy in the head.

    Should I break it to him that there's about 5 feet of snow still on the ground here in Western Mass,
    but I haven't done less than 20 hours a week?

    As Graeme Miller would say, "softcock."

    in article [email protected], ronde champ at [email protected] wrote on
    3/11/03 2:09 PM:

    > http://www.davidsommerville.com/cycling/rants/index.html
    >
    > Let the real season begin. His upcoming goals are Seaford and Ronde Van Mullica. This should make
    > for good reading.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  5. "Ronde Chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:41:22 -0500, "Steven Y. Litvin" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Wooo Hooo!! Actually Dave was a big part of our dinner conversation on
    Sat
    > >night.....wanted to know where all the pictures of that cute woman from
    crit
    > >nationals went?!?!?!
    > >
    > >Steve
    >
    > Dave was a big part of your dinner conversation??? Holy Christ you need a life.

    Actually....I would agree! The dinner crew were some collegiate racers who were crashing at my dads
    in Reading, PA....in the group was a woman from Crooklyn.....so we talked D.S.

    Steve

  6. John Lopez

    John Lopez Guest

    Adam, Should I break it to you, you're a professional, this is your job. Irrespective of your
    coaching business, which I might add, is a good one.

    So what if Dave is a Softcock?

    -John Lopez

    Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BA942EDA.3A73%[email protected]>...

    > Should I break it to him that there's about 5 feet of snow still on the ground here in Western
    > Mass, but I haven't done less than 20 hours a week?
    >
    > As Graeme Miller would say, "softcock."

  7. COVINGTON, Louisiana (AP) -- Two dozen monkeys escaped from a research center and holed up in a
    forest, where animal-control workers used bananas and oranges to try to lure them out.

    The monkeys are classified as disease-free and posed no health risk to humans, but workers trying to
    capture the animals wore protective gowns and gloves as a standard precaution, said Fran Simon, a
    spokeswoman for the Tulane Regional Primate Center.

    By Wednesday, eight of the 24 rhesus macaques remained on the loose.

    "When they get hungry enough, they'll come back," Simon said.

    The Tulane Regional Primate Research Center, established in 1964, is the largest of eight federally
    funded primate research centers, with 500 acres of land, eight buildings and about 5,000 monkeys.
    Its main study area is infectious diseases caused by viruses, bacteria and parasites.

    It was not clear how the monkeys escaped from a fenced area outside the research facility Tuesday,
    said James Hartman, a spokesman for the St. Tammany Parish sheriff.

    In the past, animal-rights activists have freed or attempted to free monkeys, but there were no
    signs that vandalism played any role in Tuesday's escape, Hartman said.

    "John Lopez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Adam, Should I break it to you, you're a professional, this is your job. Irrespective of your
    > coaching business, which I might add, is a good one.
    >
    > So what if Dave is a Softcock?
    >
    > -John Lopez
    >
    > Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BA942EDA.3A73%[email protected]>...

    > > Should I break it to him that there's about 5 feet of snow still on the ground here in Western
    > > Mass, but I haven't done less than 20 hours a
    week?

    > > As Graeme Miller would say, "softcock."

  8. in article [email protected], John Lopez at [email protected]
    wrote on 3/12/03 12:07 PM:

    > Adam, Should I break it to you, you're a professional, this is your job.

    It's more like something I do for personal enjoyment, and get paid enough to make some other
    sacrifices to be able to commit to it.

    David was complaining about weather, not any kind of time commitment. Most pros don't like to train
    in the bad weather. You have _like it_ to do something like that.

    > Irrespective of your coaching business, which I might add, is a good one.

    Thank you.

    > So what if Dave is a Softcock?

    Oh, no real problem. More entertainment. It just struck me as humorous that his weather was probably
    10 degrees better and a few feet less of snow than hours, and he was writing about it like it was
    impossible to train.

    Adam -Writing from the woods of Covington, Louisiana.

    > -John Lopez
    >
    > Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<BA942EDA.3A73%[email protected]>...
    >
    >> Should I break it to him that there's about 5 feet of snow still on the ground here in Western
    >> Mass, but I haven't done less than 20 hours a week?
    >>
    >> As Graeme Miller would say, "softcock."

  9. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "Adam Hodges Myerson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA9634D3.3C88%[email protected]...
    > in article [email protected], John Lopez at
    > [email protected] wrote on 3/12/03 12:07 PM:
    >
    > > Adam, Should I break it to you, you're a professional, this is your job.
    >
    > It's more like something I do for personal enjoyment, and get paid enough
    > make some other sacrifices to be able to commit to it.

    That's funny, because they have been a few times when you have been angry with myself and Andrew and
    said "How would you like it if I came to your

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  10. in article [email protected], ronde champ at [email protected] wrote on
    3/13/03 1:33 PM:

    > "Adam Hodges Myerson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BA9634D3.3C88%[email protected]...
    >> in article [email protected], John Lopez at
    >> [email protected] wrote on 3/12/03 12:07 PM:
    >>
    >>> Adam, Should I break it to you, you're a professional, this is your job.
    >>
    >> It's more like something I do for personal enjoyment, and get paid enough
    >> make some other sacrifices to be able to commit to it.
    >
    > That's funny, because they have been a few times when you have been angry with myself and Andrew
    > and said "How would you like it if I came to your

    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Hey, don't send this stuff to [email protected] if you're going to post it here, too. I can't keep up.

    Coaching is my job. Racing is what I was talking about. I'm a professional coach. But I race because
    I like to, even though I have a professional license and take a professional approach. If it was my
    primary source of income, perhaps my feelings would be different.

    What was your point again?

    Adam

  11. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > What was your point again?
    >
    > Adam

    Who cares?

    Deeznuts

  12. John Lopez

    John Lopez Guest

    Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BA9634D3.3C88%[email protected]>...

    > Oh, no real problem. More entertainment. It just struck me as humorous that his weather was
    > probably 10 degrees better and a few feet less of snow than hours, and he was writing about it
    > like it was impossible to train.

    Problem with New York is that the snow melts, the roads get wet and icy - much more frequently than
    Mass. How was Mexico and Arizona? The snow 5' deep there too? ;-)

    -John Lopez

    > Adam -Writing from the woods of Covington, Louisiana.

  13. in article [email protected], John Lopez at [email protected]
    wrote on 3/13/03 5:08 PM:

    > Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<BA9634D3.3C88%[email protected]>...
    >

    >> Oh, no real problem. More entertainment. It just struck me as humorous that his weather was
    >> probably 10 degrees better and a few feet less of snow than hours, and he was writing about it
    >> like it was impossible to train.
    >>

    > Problem with New York is that the snow melts, the roads get wet and icy - much more frequently
    > than Mass. How was Mexico and Arizona? The snow 5' deep there too? ;-)

    Hey, that was only for 10 days.

    And I was sick the Monday-Thursday between races, and only rode an hour a day. I could have gotten
    more training in the 20-30 degree weather at home.

    Adam

  14. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    Adam Hodges Myerson wrote:

    >in article [email protected], John Lopez at [email protected]
    >wrote on 3/13/03 5:08 PM:
    >

    >>Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:<BA9634D3.3C88%[email protected]>...
    >>

    >>>Oh, no real problem. More entertainment. It just struck me as humorous that his weather was
    >>>probably 10 degrees better and a few feet less of snow than hours, and he was writing about it
    >>>like it was impossible to train.
    >>>

    >>Problem with New York is that the snow melts, the roads get wet and icy - much more frequently
    >>than Mass. How was Mexico and Arizona? The snow 5' deep there too? ;-)
    >>

    >Hey, that was only for 10 days.
    >
    >And I was sick the Monday-Thursday between races, and only rode an hour a day. I could have gotten
    >more training in the 20-30 degree weather at home.
    >
    >Adam

    Adam cold is cold whether its 20 or 30 I dont really see the differnce.

    Besides why Would you go check outsome some ones website and then bring it here (I am assuming that
    your are talking about shit you read on Daves website)?

    Blah balh ablah

    Mean and Grumpy Eddie

  15. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:15:01 GMT, Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> So what if Dave is a Softcock?
    >
    >Oh, no real problem. More entertainment. It just struck me as humorous that his weather was
    >probably 10 degrees better and a few feet less of snow than hours, and he was writing about it like
    >it was impossible to train.

    Adam -

    There's no way around it - it has been nut bustingly cold in NY. That's not to say it's not colder
    where you are, but either way it's been very demoralizing WRT training outdoors here. I don't know
    any rider around here that has put in near the miles that they did the past 2 winters. I think
    everyone got used to the mild winters, then got blind sided by this unrelenting cold.

    On the positive side, the urine in the subways is freezing so NYC doesn't smell nearly as much of
    piss as it normally does.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  16. John Lopez

    John Lopez Guest

    Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BA968B8B.3D3D%[email protected]>...

    > > Problem with New York is that the snow melts, the roads get wet and icy - much more frequently
    > > than Mass. How was Mexico and Arizona? The snow 5' deep there too? ;-)
    >
    > Hey, that was only for 10 days.
    >
    > And I was sick the Monday-Thursday between races, and only rode an hour a day. I could have gotten
    > more training in the 20-30 degree weather at home.
    >
    > Adam

    OK, you win on this one, I've been sick a lot this winter too.

    John Lopez

  17. in article [email protected], Ronde Chimp at [email protected] wrote on
    3/14/03 12:25 AM:

    > There's no way around it - it has been nut bustingly cold in NY. That's not to say it's not colder
    > where you are, but either way it's been very demoralizing WRT training outdoors here. I don't know
    > any rider around here that has put in near the miles that they did the past 2 winters. I think
    > everyone got used to the mild winters, then got blind sided by this unrelenting cold.
    >
    > On the positive side, the urine in the subways is freezing so NYC doesn't smell nearly as much of
    > piss as it normally does.

    It's those small things in life we really savor. Indeed.

    Adam