Davis Phinney's Fine Writing

"Last2Know" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> One of the pleasant surprises for me that came out of poking around
> the Cycling News website during this year's TdF was Davis Phinney's
> column. This ex-pro turns out to be a truly excellent writer.
> Here is a link to all his columns:
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2005/diaries/davis/?id=default

Thanks for this. Since we're talking a lot about Lance Armstrong and
the Tour, here's a piece worth reading, entitled "Lance in Perspective."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/diaries/davis/?id=davis0407

-S-

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:32:48 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:

> "Last2Know" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>>
>> One of the pleasant surprises for me that came out of poking around
>> the Cycling News website during this year's TdF was Davis Phinney's
>> column. This ex-pro turns out to be a truly excellent writer.
>> Here is a link to all his columns:
>>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2005/diaries/davis/?id=default

> Thanks for this. Since we're talking a lot about Lance Armstrong and
> the Tour, here's a piece worth reading, entitled "Lance in Perspective."
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/diaries/davis/?id=davis0407

There is also an interesting piece about
Armstrong as a young racer:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2005/diaries/davis/?id=davis0501

My favorites though, are actually the autobiographical bits
scattered in various places.