Davitamon-Lotto becomes Predictor-Lotto

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by gplama, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    (taken from CyclingNews.com)

    There will be a new name and a new color in the ProTour peloton in 2007, as Davitamon-Lotto will disappear and be replaced by Predictor-Lotto. Main sponsor Omega Pharma will be sending stars like Robbie McEwen, Cadel Evans, and Leif Hoste out in new "salmon pink" jerseys of the same color as the packaging of the "best known product in the Predictor range" according to the team's website on Tuesday. That best-known product is a pregnancy test kit.

    The marketing potential for this is awesome... "Sprint like Robbie to the abortion clinic if you see the red line"...

    Floorboards, coffee makers, hearing aids, lotteries... are all no match for something you pee on!

    http://www.omega-pharma.be/EN/index_visitors.php

    :eek:

    Disclaimer: Any members of the Family First party need not respond. This post was brought to you by the words "tongue", "in", and "cheek".

    Tags:

  2. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    It should give the other teams something / someone to aim at during a "nature break". Lotto should start up a womens pro team sponsored by a prophylactic device. Again, more marketing opportunities:

    "Blast through the pack and fly off the front with Team Tickler-Lotto"
    "Burn rubber with Team Tickler-Lotto"
    "Don't try and compete - Team Tickler-Lotto has this race wrapped up"

    [This message brought to you by the words "that's", "not", "funny", "at", & "all"]

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Or even, "Wrap that rascal with Team Tickler-Lotto".

    Be thankful they didn't get corporate endorsements from ladies sanitary products or even incontinence pads.

    Thinks cross referencing to knicks.

    Particularly chamois inserts.

    [This message brought to you by the words "that's", "not", "a" "pleasant", "visual", "to", "mention", "after", "lunch"]

  4. Boostland

    Boostland Guest

    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > monsterman Wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blast through the pack and fly off the front with Team Tickler-Lotto"
    >> "Burn rubber with Team Tickler-Lotto"
    >> "Don't try and compete - Team Tickler-Lotto has this race wrapped up"
    >>
    >> [This message brought to you by the words "that's", "not", "funny",
    >> "at", & "all"]

    > Or even, "Wrap that rascal with Team Tickler-Lotto".
    >
    > Be thankful they didn't get corporate endorsements from ladies sanitary
    > products or even incontinence pads.
    >
    > Thinks cross referencing to knicks.
    >
    > Particularly chamois inserts.
    >
    > [This message brought to you by the words "that's", "not", "a"
    > "pleasant", "visual", "to", "mention", "after", "lunch"]
    >

    > --
    > cfsmtb

    Or even a condom manufacturer.

    They could be the " Ansell Rough Rider - Lotto team"

  5. And I like the delicious irony of having the words "Predictor" and
    "Lotto" in the same team name.... Perhaps not the best message to
    send?? *grins*

    Salmon pink?! I suppose itgives Robbie & Cadel extra incentive to work
    their way into the green & yellow jerseys respectively.....

    Cheers,
    Abby

  6. HughMann

    HughMann New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2004

    The potential for off colour and outright disgusting jokes is limitless. Its probably a secret weapon to get the peleton laughing so much they dont concentrate on racing.
    How will Phil Liggat work it into his script? " After such an abismal team performance I have no doubt that the team managers will be checking them out with a predictor to see if what everyone says happened to them, did actually occour.

    Or is someone taking the p155 ? :)

    Hugh

  7. Donga

    Donga Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > (taken from CyclingNews.com)
    >
    > -There will be a new name and a new color in the ProTour peloton in
    > 2007, as Davitamon-Lotto will disappear and be replaced by
    > Predictor-Lotto. Main sponsor Omega Pharma will be sending stars like
    > Robbie McEwen, Cadel Evans, and Leif Hoste out in new "salmon pink"
    > jerseys of the same color as the packaging of the "best known product
    > in the Predictor range" according to the team's website on Tuesday.
    > That best-known product is a pregnancy test kit.-
    >
    > The marketing potential for this is awesome... "Sprint like Robbie to
    > the abortion clinic if you see the red line"...
    >
    > Floorboards, coffee makers, hearing aids, lotteries... are all no match
    > for something you pee on!
    >
    > http://www.omega-pharma.be/EN/index_visitors.php
    >
    > :eek:
    >

    > --
    > gplama

    Similar sorts of tests are used for drug testing kits. Could they be
    trying to cash in on the scandals?

    Donga

  8. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    That's a *very* long bow to stretch. Although the appearance of a blue line in under a minute could cut out a lot of paperwork/ lab testing during single day and multi-stage races. (ie: congratulations Floyd, you're going to be a mum!)

  9. Aeek

    Aeek Guest

    On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 23:20:03 +1100, cfsmtb
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That's a *very* long bow to stretch. Although the appearance of a blue
    >line in under a minute could cut out a lot of paperwork/ lab testing

    Maybe they'll tweak the test to show green rather than blue for
    preggy.
    Idea! only some kits, send in your green possie to win a prize.
    Does rely on Grewen McEwen.

  10. Donga

    Donga Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Donga Wrote:
    > >
    > > Similar sorts of tests are used for drug testing kits. Could they be
    > > trying to cash in on the scandals?

    > That's a *very* long bow to stretch. Although the appearance of a blue
    > line in under a minute could cut out a lot of paperwork/ lab testing
    > during single day and multi-stage races. (ie: congratulations Floyd,
    > you're going to be a mum!)
    >

    > --
    > cfsmtb

    Yes, it would be an odd marketing line!
    But seriously, I can buy a kit like this to test my kids for dope. I
    met a fella who was importing them.

    Donga

  11. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Absent Husband" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > And I like the delicious irony of having the words "Predictor" and
    > "Lotto" in the same team name.... Perhaps not the best message to
    > send?? *grins*
    >
    > Salmon pink?! I suppose itgives Robbie & Cadel extra incentive to work
    > their way into the green & yellow jerseys respectively.....
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Abby

  12. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "monsterman" <[email protected]gforums.com> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > It should give the other teams something / someone to aim at during a
    > "nature break". Lotto should start up a womens pro team sponsored by a
    > prophylactic device. Again, more marketing opportunities:
    >
    > "Blast through the pack and fly off the front with Team Tickler-Lotto"
    > "Burn rubber with Team Tickler-Lotto"
    > "Don't try and compete - Team Tickler-Lotto has this race wrapped up"
    >
    > [This message brought to you by the words "that's", "not", "funny",
    > "at", & "all"]

    And team jerseys with no zip...they just roll on.

  13. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Don't forget to pinch the reservoir tip around the collar.