Dawes 2003

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Adam, Mar 22, 2003.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    when does dawes launch they 2003 range?

    thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  3. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  4. Simon Hay

    Simon Hay Guest

    Alex Graham wrote:

    > Look at:
    >
    > <http://www.bicyclemagic.com/products.php?mcat=1&scat=6>
    >
    > for some slightly poor photos.

    Aargh! So glad I bought the Horizon last year - it's turned red! Yuck!

    Can't say I think much of the new Giro 200 either. All better in the good old days...

    :)

    Simon

  5. Simon Hay

    Simon Hay Guest

    Bad form to reply to my own post, I know, but:

    There is now apparently an Ultra Galaxy. Anyone know anything about it? Apart from having shinier
    components with 'Shimano' no doubt written more prominently, the frame geometry seems to be
    different, as does the metal itself. Has anyone seen one? Are they massively better, or is the idea
    that people will buy them because they're not quite such a foul colour as the new Super Galaxy? ;-)

    Not of course that I could ever afford one - just curious!

    Simon

  6. On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:32:27 +0000, Simon Hay did issue forth:

    > Aargh! So glad I bought the Horizon last year - it's turned red! Yuck!

    Nothing wrong with red.

    Red bikes go faster, you know.

  7. "Simon Hay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bad form to reply to my own post, I know, but:
    >
    > There is now apparently an Ultra Galaxy. Anyone know anything about it? Apart from having shinier
    > components with 'Shimano' no doubt written more prominently, the frame geometry seems to be
    > different, as does the metal itself. Has anyone seen one? Are they massively better, or is the
    > idea that people will buy them because they're not quite such a foul colour as the new Super
    > Galaxy? ;-)
    >
    > Not of course that I could ever afford one - just curious!
    >
    > Simon

    Ultra has a sloping top tube which makes it a girl's bike, right? :) 853 tube isn't it? The SG is
    indeed unchanged in Non Nickable Foul Stealth Brown, componentry all black except drive train and
    brakes all in silver (probably designed with Zefal pumps and Carradice bags in mind). Nicest thing I
    get to sit on with the exception of... well, that would be telling.

    James of Staples

  8. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  9. "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > James of Staples wrote:
    >
    > > The SG is indeed unchanged in Non Nickable Foul Stealth
    >
    > The head tube is longer actually.

    Because the universe is expanding or because Dawes made it longer?

    > Ill get me anorak... :)
    >
    > --

    Lightweight! I never take mine off...

    James of etc

  10. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Simon Hay <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Alex Graham wrote:
    >
    > > Look at:
    > >
    > > <http://www.bicyclemagic.com/products.php?mcat=1&scat=6>
    > >
    > > for some slightly poor photos.
    >
    > Aargh! So glad I bought the Horizon last year - it's turned red! Yuck!
    >
    > Can't say I think much of the new Giro 200 either. All better in the good old days...
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Simon

    I was rather alarmed by this, having just ordered one, but I've picked it up now and it's actually a
    lovely dark wine red, rather than the nasty pillar box shade shown on the photo. :)

    And a delight to ride, compared to the knackered old peugeot ladies' racer I've been using for the
    last 15 years.

    Kate